“Amazing Honeymoon Resort”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I spent two of our five nights in Anguilla at the Viceroy and couldn't have been happier about it. The grounds are spectacular; a modern, beautifully designed complex with an incredibly friendly and helpful staff that really focuses on their guests' comfort. In honor of the occasion, we were upgraded to a fantastic suite and shortly after getting into our room, champagne was delivered. This was a very kind gesture that set the tone for our entire (albeit brief) stay. The restaurants on site are very good (although we did prefer a couple of restaurants elsewhere on the island a bit more) and the pools and beach are second to none. While the price is quite high compared to other options on the island (and in general, hence our brief stay), they really do their best to live up to it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for spending such a special occasion with us and for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor! We hope to welcome you back again for your anniversary.
Congratulations!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have visited Viceroy Anguilla twice 2012 & 2013, each time for 2 weeks. It is one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever been on. Both times I asked for a room that was quiet with an ocean view and both times I got a spectacular room that was absolutely stunning. I couldn't believe I actually got to stay in such a fabulous 1 bedroom suite. The rooms are truly beautiful. The balcony runs the length of the room and is absolutely amazing with sstunning views; perfect for lounging around on at the end of the day or having your breakfast on. The resort is immaculate with beautiful views everywhere you look. The beaches are practically empty compared to other resorts and the beaches something out of a postcard.

I have read a lot of negative comments on the service. Granted, I always stay in November and not the high season but I found the service amazing. The staff was extremely attentive, I never had to wait long for a drink or a towel or for food. The staff all remembered me from previous days and always said hello as I passed. Caroma was great at making me drinks and making me feel welcome. Leon and Kevin were also wonderful. The front desk was always helpful with any request. Check-in is a breeze. I also really appreciated that I had a bottle of wine and some desserts awaiting me in my room when I checked in on my second visit along with a welcome note from Richard, the GM. It was a very nice touch. Everyone at the resort made me feel welcome and appreciated. It is a stunning resort with beautiful rooms, gorgeous beaches, pools and warm wonderful staff. I am already plotting my return for a third year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elizast
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

It was certainly a pleasure welcoming you back to the resort!
Thank you kindly for sharing your experience and naming a few at the resort who made your stay extra special. I'll be sure to share your comments with Caroma, Leon and Kevin--and the entire staff. We appreciate your stay and your fantastic review.
We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Beautiful, secluded, romantic..... We honeymooned there and it was beautiful and very private. We stayed in a top floor jacuzzi sweet...had a birds eye view of the lush palm trees and beautiful ocean views. The private pool cabanas very romantic, it was a dream honeymoon....

Room Tip: Hot tub suite
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly H
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your fabulous review and for sharing your honeymoon at Viceroy Anguilla!
We hope we can continue to welcome you back each year to celebrate!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had booked the Fountain Resort for 3 nights and had a very bad experience and left to go to Viceroy. Fountain had 4 persons in room next to us including a screaming child, mother in law and couple. Max allowed in studio 3 persons. We were in 1 bedroom unit and could hear everything.

The Viceroy reservation manager was so gracious to us. She gave us a wonderful room and it was everything expected and more. Very expensive but worth it!!

Great service, room, property, pools, beaches. we had a rental car but No reason to leave. But be prepared to have lots of $$.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom units near beach are amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank P A

We are delighted to have you stay with us and do appreciate your positive review. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you are not actually staying here it is worth visiting the Sunset Lounge for happy hour, this is an ideal spot to watch the sun set. Drink are expensive but its worth a treat to enjoy the fabulous setting.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TortolaTraveller
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for visiting the Sunset Lounge and sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor!
We're very fortunate to provide this location for our guests, local residents and visitors to enjoy a cocktail (wish we could take credit for the stunning sunsets!)
Please come back and enjoy again with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Viceroy Anguila is a remarkable property with a staff that all are kind, genuine and extremely hard working. The grounds are beautiful. The facilities (spa, fitness center, restaurants) are very good. The thing that sets the Viceroy apart from every other property I've ever stayed at (Turks and Caicos, Barbados, Cayman, etc.) is the dedication of the staff. They are driven to ensure that you have everything that you need. We were there a week for our wedding and honeymoon and everything was in a word, perfect: service, commitment to detail, etc. The food was very good and Meads Bay has to be on the Bucket List to see ... the water, sand and atmosphere are all beyond description. The staff, everyone from Nigel to Rosina to Kevin, Dhupi, Maiko, Leon the Restaurant Manager, John .... everyone goes out of their way to make sure that every moment is memorable and accounted for.
I've read some reviews regarding that the service is slow. I've thought about this a great deal and upon closer examination, it may be for some but it was always worth the wait. There is a genuine commitment and drive from everyone at the Viceroy to ensure that every aspect of your stay is right and if it isn't, they immediately go out of their way to make it right.
Viceroy is very close to several excellent restaurants and the taxis are prompt and readily available. We rented a jeep for our week there and Viceroy Anguilla ensured that everything was in order both for pickup and return of the vehicle. They arranged transportation from SXM airport at St Maarten, we were greeted by a Viceroy Rep in the lobby of the airport and the transportation was flawless.
Every element, detail, need and expectation was met and surpassed by Viceroy Anguilla. It is 35 acres of paradise. I cannot recommend it enough, it is a very special place with a team that is driven to ensure that everything is right with your stay and they do it with a genuine kindness, respect and commitment that is refreshing and inspiring.

Room Tip: Room 317 and the rooms in that area are amazing!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris T

First of all, thank you for sharing your special occasions with us! Again, congratulations!
I will be certain to convey your positive experience with the team especially Nigel, Rosina, Kevin, Dhupi, Maiko, Leon, and John.
We hope to welcome you back again soon for many future celebrations!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We just got back from a family vacation (arrived mid-April 2014). The property was outstanding and probably the most beautiful resort I have been lucky to stay in. The beaches are perfection and the pools are stunning. The sunset lounge and bamboo bar were also very lovely. The layout of the resort was impressive and every square inch of the property was gorgeous and cared for. It was big, but didn't feel imposing. Clearly no expense was spared in the design of this place. I also found the resort to be very quiet and calm at night. There were some movie nights for the kids, but they ended early. I suppose we lucked out that a wedding was not taking place during our week's stay. Some other reviewers have commented that the property does not aesthetically match the island. I'm not sure I understand this because the resort website is very clear with its cool aesthetic. Needless to say, we were very pleased with the design and vibe of the Viceroy.

Our 2 bedroom was beautiful and spacious. Of note, we were not upgraded.
It's always a bummer to not get upgraded after reading numerous reviews from people that scored one (and I even shyly asked about it after the extension was not made upon checking in!) I'm shameless :) The ladies at the front desk said that they would check into it, but I never heard back from them. Alas...

The food and drinks were amazing, but expensive. Definitely try the Ginger Collins. It was beyond.

The only downsides (aside from the disappointment that we weren't upgraded when staff kept telling me that it was a fairly slow time!) involved service at times. I was pretty blown away by the length of time it took to get drinks and food (particularly at the Sunset Lounge). I'm not sure if the employees were overworked or confused.. or both? Waiting 45+ minutes for cocktails is a little insane. At first, it's amusing because you're on vacation on an exotic island. But then it gets old very quickly. You could see exasperated faces all over the resort as people were waiting for their food, drinks, and bills. The service at Coba for dinner also felt like service I would expect at Denny's. Wowza. Finally, there was this strange table-holding dynamic. Tables at the Sunset Lounge and by the windows at breakfast (Coba) were held for certain families for extended periods of time. The tables were empty for long periods, but staff wouldn't let other individuals sit there. It was annoying and it shouldn't happen at a resort like this because it make other guests feel like they were not as special.

Having shared the negatives, I want to add that I would absolutely return to this resort and this island. It was perfect for families, but it didn't feel like a Disney resort. I also respected that they tried to keep the kiddos away from the adult infinity pool (even though we wanted to spend more time there...!)

It was an incredible vacation and I miss it already....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank nyjetsetter
Richard A, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Our sincere appreciation for your glowing review about the resort and island. Anguilla is quite special and the resort was designed to showcase the natural beauty of the Caribbean waters and green foliage.
I'm sorry you were disappointed that we were not able to upgrade you and I do apologize for the slow service you experienced. That is certainly not the way we want to operate and every guest is indeed very important. I will look into the reservation of tables and see that this is not a normal practice.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.
We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West End Village
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village
Frangipani Beach Resort
Frangipani Beach Resort
#4 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla? Share your experiences!