My family and I stayed at this resort for 11 nights. I loved this resort. It is a large resort , beautiful contemporary design. A lot of stone and neutral colors. We stayed in Margate 2 bedroom 2.5 bath overlooking Meads Bay. I would like to start off by saying that the room is huge. King bed, full bath in the master bedroom, second bedroom two queen, full bathroom. A full kitchen, dining room/living room where my son stayed on the rollaway bed. The room was so big you didn't even notice the rollaway bed and a washer/dryer with detergent and static guard. Large balcony with sofa two chairs and a heated plunge pool with jets. Sadly the plunge pool was leaking. Where the water was going? I do not know. Room was cleaned everyday and turndown service as well. Bottles of water left each night. Housekeeping did a great job. I requested at check in a specific time to have housekeeping come each day and they honored it everyday and evening. Asked for extra towels and coffee and they left it. The kids club is behind the Margate bldg, so we heard the screaming kids and barking dog every morning. I will request next time which bldg I would like to stay in. Ideally the Dorado bldg would be the best.
This resort has two beaches, and three pools. Barnes Bay beach, Meads Bay beach. Sunset pool which is 21 and older, Aleta pool, and Meads Bay pool for families and kids. The Aleta pool does not say it is for adults only, but most families with kids stuck to the kids pool over by Meads Bay.This was nice as my kids are older but not old enough for the sunset pool and it was pretty quiet at the Aleta pool. All pools and beaches have service. The best service we had was at the Aleta pool from set up of chairs to having lunch and drinks delivered to us. Kirin is a very hard worker at the Aleta pool. Meads Bay pool we sat on chairs for about 15 minutes and no one came over we then went to the towel table and no towels. I had to walk back to the beach to ask for towels. Service was not very good near that pool. We ate at Bamboo once for lunch, it was a good lunch. Don't expect service at the pool or beach. The beach service was pretty much non existent. They set our chairs up and gave us a bucket of water and never saw them again. We went to the beach twice during our stay and both times no service and they were saving chairs for people.
The sea center offers non motorized toys, along with a gentlemen that will pull you on his tube and hot dog for a fee of 20$ per person. Personally, I did not like the fact that the boats were crossing the shore line close. Not safe. The winds were so strong that we went out twice on the Hobie cat. The resort also has a putting green, bocce ball, volleyball, rock climbing wall, basketball court and tennis courts. All charges. But on our check out bill they did not charge us. :) The kids enjoyed the basketball court and rock climbing wall.
The SPA was nice. Hubby, son and his GF had a massage. They said it was wonderful. The mens locker room and sauna was closed for maintenance so that was disappointing. My daughter and I went for pedicures, nice and relaxing. Beautiful view from the SPA overlooking the sea. Husband, son and GF went back the day before we left for another massage, they said it was even better than the first one and the sauna was open. They highly recommend the spa.
Breakfast was good at Aleta. The continental breakfast included hot eggs, pancakes, sausage, and potatoes for $20 or you could order from the menu.The coconut french toast was good. On July 1st they changed it to Coba. This buffet was much better than Aleta and much more expensive. Could not order from the menu. Basically the same food on the buffet, our Aleta bill for 5 people ranged from 126.00-136.00. Our bill at Coba was $180.00 for 5 of us. Breakfast service was very slow, and even slower to get the check.
Overall, The Viceroy is a very nice resort. They need to do something about the lack of service on the beach and Meads Bay pool. Let me tell you, tipping does not matter. I'm ok without the service, but make it easier to get the towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla invites you to make yourself at home in 166 villas and resort accommodations, more than 80% of which overlook the breaking surf and blue horizons of two of Anguilla's 33 spectacular beaches. Relax in the seaside spa. Sample fresh cuisine with those you love, in a place where every sunset is theatrical. Immerse yourself in Anguilla's unique culture and stunning natural beauty as Four Seasons expertise takes the Caribbean to new levels of seaside luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Anguilla Hotel West End
- Four Seasons Resort And Residences Anguilla West End Village