Cap Jaluca is a special place. A couple things to note: -We were on our honeymoon -We wanted privacy -We wanted to be on the beach
We had spent 3 days in St. Barths before arriving in Anguilla, so we were definitely coming from an upscale place with high expectations for our next stop. Anguilla was totally different in a really great way- chill, relaxed, not pretentious, etc. The staff at Cap Jaluca is genuine, friendly. You don't feel like you are at a giant resort.
For those considering the Viceroy, the newest resort on the island, I would highly recommend Cap Jaluca instead. The Viceroy has great restaurants, but it feels like you never left Miami, and the beach access is quite limited, and difficult to get to depending on where your room is located. At Cap Jaluca, you are right on the beach, no matter what room you get. If you forget something, you take a one second walk back to your room. The Viceroy Sunset Lounge or Copa is great for dinner. I highly recommend going to Sunset Lounge for Sushi- when they have live music- awesome atmosphere.
We thought we had experienced all the amazing food in St. Barths, but Anguilla exceeded our expectations, and was truly better in regards to food/restaurants. I wouldn't say that Cap Jaluca's restaurants compare to those around the island, but they certainly aren't bad by any means. We had a lovely meal at Pimm's on our first night, with a great table on the water. The next day we arranged for a rental car with the help of Cap Jaluca and we tried all sorts of restaurants- the concierge at Cap Jaluca was super helpful in assisting us with directions and reservations (super easy to get around)- every restaurant was right around the corner- Veyas, Straw Hat, Dolce Vita, Blanchards, Smokeys, Sunset Lounge, Copa.
The continental breakfast everyday at Cap Jaluca could be more exciting, but it has everything you need....fruit, cereals, breads, omelets, juice, etc.-- it's the same everyday, but you can order a la carte if you want to change it up- costs extra
The Beach service is incredible- someone is constantly attending to you- bringing you fresh towels, cooler with ice water, cold towels, sorbet at 3pm, menu for lunch and drinks....
Keep in mind there is a pool, but not on the water. I am a total pool person, and I didn't go to the pool once. The water in Anguilla couldn't more clear- so the ocean becomes your pool.
The professional photos of Cap Jaluca is exactly what it looks and feels like-
It was truly a perfect finish to our honeymoon- we were both super relaxed when we left.
--Rent a car --Take the ferry...the charters are way more expensive (we tried both, and there was no difference except the price)
--Go to Smokeys for the ribs- on the beach....amazing, you can walk from the hotel
--Dolce Vita was spectacular italian for a change-up- one of our favorite meals after 8 days of seafood
--Enjoy the huge book and dvd library- complimentary
--and the cookies everday at 5pm:)
--You have to try crayfish!!
Something my fiance noted, that didn't bother me at all
Anguilla tends to be very windy.....which I found to be very nice considering how hot it is, but there is a wind factor when you are sitting on the beach-- it didn't bother me for a second, but my fiance had to get used to it.
Cap Jaluca is by far the best option- the location, the staff, and the fact that all rooms are on the beach are true selling points...We were so sad to leave!!!
Thank you Cap Jaluca!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insulated from the outside world, yet only minutes by air or motor launch from St. Maarten, Belmond Cap Juluca resort is a private self-contained enclave along two miles of the best pristine white-sand beaches in the Caribbean. Spacious Moorish villas, five-star restaurants, exotic landscaped tropical gardens, and friendly and abundant service professionals provide an unparalleled level of luxury. Belmond Cap Juluca features a comprehensive array of entertainment amenities, including a fully equipped fitness center, private golf carts and bicycles, aqua golf driving range, bunker and putting green, croquet lawn, Junior Olympic-size swimming pool, a library, tennis courts with a full-time resident pro, and water sports, including snorkeling, wind surfing, water skiing, and sailing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Cap Juluca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Juluca Hotel West End
- Cap Juluca Hotel Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Resort Anguilla
- Belmond Cap Juluca Anguilla/West End Village