This was our second trip to Anguilla but our first time at Cap Juluca. Last year we stayed at Cuisinart and loved the resort but the wind was a problem for us. The beach was rough and we had to move around to other beaches. This is how we discovered Maunday's Bay and CJ. After reading some posts on TA about the rooms we were a little concerned but kept on picturing ourselves on that beautiful beach! While a lot of people minimize the importance of a nice room, to us it is important as it is part of your whole experience while on vacation (that's why you choose to stay at a 5 star resort.)
The rooms at CJ were great! Yes, they are "dated" but that did not take away from the magical experience that we were looking for and that everyone here talks about. The way the villas are set up, the setting and the service that they provide exceeded our expectations. We stayed in a second floor luxury room, villa 4 . Every morning, while the hubby slept in, I would sit outside just absorbing the tranquility. As in other posts, they bring your continental breakfast and set it up for you on your balcony. The bathrooms are spacious with double sinks and a separate shower. The showers do have doors (I'm mentioning this because this seemed to be a problem in another post) but the doors do not close completely which causes water to escape while showering. This was a problem for us as well at the beginning. The bathroom got flooded and we called the front desk. They sent the villa manager immediately but there was really nothing they could do so we improvised... just took a towel and fit it snuggly where the door closes. This solved the problem. They are going to remodel all the rooms eventually. This was a minor problem for us.
We stayed for 10 days and spent most days relaxing during the day on beautiful Maunday's bay. We went kayaking a couple of times and walked the beach every day. The beach service was impeccable. Our towels were set up on the comfortable loungers each day and they would come around to give you cold towels, frozen fruit on a stick, sorbet and cookies. You can order lunch and they bring it to you right on the beach. Every afternoon at 4:00 there was afternoon tea at Maunday's club under the dome. There they had sandwiches, sconces and cookies. Again, IMO it was a great touch. It's all about the DETAILS and at CJ they are very attentive to details!
We ate lunch at Blue almost everyday except for 2 days when we went to Dune Preserves. The lunches are not bad at all. We ate at Spice on our first night. Food was okay but the atmosphere was great. We ate dinner outside of the resort. We went to Straw Hat which was good not great, Mango's was great, cuisinart lobster buffet better last year, Koal Keel - great, Smokey's - excellent, Un Amore for pizza - good for a casual dinner, Luna Rosa - okay not great. We like Caprice last year better. Abi from Caprice was at Luna Rosa this year and remembered us!!! Our dining experience was good overall. The restaurants were all basically empty. At most, there was 4 tables and us at every restaurant. Speaking to the waiters and staff at CJ they told us that the whole island is quiet - not a lot of tourists. They said that CJ was the only resort that had the most guests.
We went to Shoal Bay East one day and it was very quiet, hardly any people! We had the whole beach to ourselves! We had a great time and would recommend CJ to my dearest friends! We will definately be back next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insulated from the outside world, yet only minutes by air or motor launch from St. Maarten, Cap Juluca resort is a private self-contained enclave along two miles of the best pristine white-sand beaches in the Caribbean. Spacious Moorish villas, five-star restaurants, exotic landscaped tropical gardens, and friendly and abundant service professionals provide an unparalleled level of luxury. Cap Juluca features a comprehensive array of entertainment amenities, including a fully equipped fitness center, private golf carts andbicycles, aqua golf driving range, bunker and putting green, croquet lawn, Junior Olympic-size swimming pool, a library, tennis courts with a full-time resident pro, and water sports, including snorkeling, wind surfing, water skiing, and sailing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cap Juluca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Juluca Hotel West End
- Cap Juluca Hotel Anguilla
- Cap Juluca Anguilla/West End Village
- Cap Juluca Resort Anguilla