This is a tough review to write, in late January 2014 we had a lovely vacation to Anguilla in, a very expensive island with beautiful beaches. The prices at Anacaona during peak season are by no means cheap, but are much more affordable than the other resorts (Viceroy, Frangipani, etc.) on this great stretch of beach. Long story short, I wouldn't necessary recommend this hotel, yet I don't regret staying here as it allowed me to come to the island with these great beaches.
1. Location! Great beach access with free parking. While not directly on the beach, we didn't mind the 5 or so minute walk. However, be aware that the walk is quite dark in the evening. Mead's Bay is one of the best beaches on the island. We also rented a car for some other days to explore other islands. The location also allows you to walk to some great restaurants, especially Blanchard's Beach Shack for some great lunches.
2. The rooms are a decent size and kept cool. Be aware those roosters are loud early in the morning.
1. Spotty service. At times the service was great, but water pressure and temperature really varied and at times the front desk didn't respond to our complaints at all or accused us of not raising the issue. We also wasted about 2 hours waiting for a rental car despite asking for one the day prior. Not sure whose fault this was.
2. While providing beach access, we didn't use the pool as it was a bit dirty and were not impressed with other amenities. For example, the beach chairs and umbrellas were of low quality and pretty uncomfortable.
3. Rooms were just okay, there were some flies in the room, and as mentioned the plumbing and roosters posed some problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anacaona Boutique Hotel on the island of Anguilla is a small, intimate, privately-owned and privately-run oasis set in tropical gardens, overlooking (and just a few paces from) one of the island’s most beautiful beaches, the mile-long, white-sand expanse of Meads Bay. It has 27 stylish guest rooms, that include junior suites, 2 & 3 bedroom villa suites and two swimming pools.The goal is affordable chic. The property's amenities also include full beach service, ZaZaa boutique and both on and off beach massage centers. All rooms feature either King, Queen Bed or 2-Double Beds and bathroom with large shower, Balcony/Patio, Frette Linens, Mini Fridge, Air Conditioning,Ceiling Fan, Cable TV, I-Pod Docking Station, Iron & board, Laptop size in Room Safe, Complimentary Wireless Internet, Melita-Javapod Coffee Maker, Phone, Hairdryer and Locally Crafted Bathroom Amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anacaona Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirena Hotel The Valley
- Anacaona Boutique Hotel Anguilla/West End Village