“Lovely place - Excelent to relax”
Review of Carimar Beach Club

Carimar Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I visited Carimar Beach Club with my wife during our honeymoon and had a good time.
The beach (Meads Bay) is beatiful e very quiet, ideal to relax. Also it's a very good place to swim and snorkel.
The room was very good and the personnel friendly and helpful. They had good suggestions for restaurants and tours.

The only let down was the honeymoon package that we got. It have a good restaurant selection, but we tough that we were going to have a nice breakfast in our room, instead we got some food in the fridge only.

Room Tip: If you are planning to stay there, try to get the rooms in front of the beach. The sunsets are spect...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Carimar123, General Manager at Carimar Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Lucas Jacometti,

Sorry about the breakfast let down. Our Honeymoon package does say"Breakfast Basket".

I am however pleased that your overall experiences were good and we look forward to your return just for some down time or to celebrate a family or personal milestone in your life.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Just finished a 4 night stay here, had a great time even though many things on the island closed due to off season. Steps to the beach, loungers, chairs and umbrellas for use though you might want to get out there early to stake yours out, they can go quickly. Hotel gives you complimentary water, Cokes, coffee and a bottle of rum, nice touch! Full kitchen (supermarket 15 min walk) and maid service daily. Many free amenities ranging from bikes to tennis racquets (two courts), great for families. Taxi fare $8 per person from ferry landing. Great snorkeling at the rocks to the right when facing ocean. White sand, clear water - what's not to like? Would love to return...

Room Tip: 2nd floor seems a little quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank f1stserve

Dear jzirkel,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Carimar Beach Club during August. We look forward to being your host agail soon on a longer vacation.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at the Carimar the first week of August. My unit was on the second floor, just steps from the beach The villa reminded me of a luxurious apartment. The only negative was the lack of air conditioning in all areas except the bedroom. I do not like a.c. that is frigid; however, the only time I didn't sweat was when I sat beneath the ceiling fans or when sleeping.

I was able to walk to two very good and reasonably priced restaurants-The Straw Hat and Ocean Echo..It took about twenty minutes along a back road to reach these two open air restaurants. Blanchard's Restaurant was next door, about five minutes walking time. However, I didn't eat there- it was too expensive. I did eat several times at Blanchard's Beach Shack which was also next door on the beach. There was quite a selection to choose from and it was affordable.

I would suggest the Carimar Beach office stay open twenty-four hours. I scheduled a cab to pick me up to go to the airport at 7:15 A.M. the night before my departure. I also arranged to have someone come and take my two pieces of luggage down the steps at 7:00 A.M. I was told the night before that I could call the office phone and someone from security would answer if there was a problem. I called three times to inquire if someone was coming to carry my luggage down, to no avail. I carried my own luggage down, one piece at a time.

Finally, Mead's Bay Beach was very nice, with the exception of the beach erosion. It made it a little difficult to get in and out of the water. My favorite beach is still Grace Bay Beach in the Turks and Caicos.You could walk right in without any problem and the water was calmer without any undertow.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Maur1211
Carimar123, General Manager at Carimar Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Maur 1211,

Thanks for your review. It seems that for the most part your vacation went well. Your comment about air conditioning is noted and will be addressed. the breakdown in our service delivery on the morning of your departure is also being addressed,

We take service seriously and these miss-steps are not welcome at any time.
Know that we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I are from Toronto, Canada and just spent a week at Carimar-we absolutely loved it. We had a top floor unit which was within steps of the beach-just a beautiful and quiet hotel. The staff were excellent-they are available to help with anything yet do so quite unobtrusively. It was easy to rent a car and I loved how the staff stocked your unit with food in preparation for your arrival. The setting is gorgeous and the beach is so quiet and uninhabited-nothing to do but relax. We did venture out to eat most nights-Blanchard's, Straw Hat, Smokey's, Picante, etc.-never had a bad meal. We also visited Shoal Bay, Rendezvous Bay and were also here for festival week-in Sandy Ground and watched the boat race on Meads Bay where Carimar is situated.

The only thing I think some travellers might want to know is that there is no air conditioning in the units-except in the bedroom. To be honset, it does get quite hot without the AC-that's the only thing I would change.

We absolutely loved Carimar and cannot wait to go back next year!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a view of the beach and are just steps away from the beach-I don't see how...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Canada2009_9

Dear Canada 2009_9,

Location, location, location, coupled with "Carimar Caring" are the foundation of our operation and we aim to share these with as many persons as possible.
your comment about air conditioning is noted and will be addressed.

Our TEAM is looking forward to welcoming you back next year, or sooner if you choose.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you are looking for a top place in the best beach in Caribe, that is the place.

We heard that shoal bay was the best spot, but excuse all that disagree. This place is seated in the Meads bay, and it simply the best beach in the island. Your room will be at 20 steps from the white sand and deep blue sea. Best restaurants are in a walking distance. dont think twice to decide where to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fernando C
Carimar123, General Manager at Carimar Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Fernando C,

At risk of echoing your sentiments, I do agree.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Absolutely loved my recent stay at Carimar. This isn't your typical room, as this hotel is condo style with seperate living room and kitchen area. There isn't onsite dining, but there are restaurants directly next store and within walking distance. There is also a very large supermarket within a 15 minute walk/5 minute drive from the hotel where you can stock up on any and everything!

Your directly on the beach so you literally just walk outside your door and relax on soft white sand for hours upon end. Renting a car is very easy and can be done at the front desk. The staff are very sweet and accomodating and you really don't want for anything. This will be my go to spot for as long as I can afford it! I really love this place.

Anguilla will become your home away from home after your first visit. If you need a comfortable and accomodating location for you, you and sweety or you and your family, then this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MochaB123

DearMochaB123,

You are most welcome to use us as your "home away from home". In fact if you take advantage of our referral program, your next stay can be on us.

Here is how it works: Share your Carimar sentiments with family, friends and co-workers, have them book a five night minimum stay and give us your name and verifiable contact information, You will earn one FREE night''s accommodation for each confirmed reservation with your name attached. Others have done it, Why not you?

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just Go. Seriously. My trip was honestly incredible. Carimar is intimate, pleasant, quiet, and classy. Love the staff. The beach is perfect. The water is perfect. LOVE Blanchard's food shack next door oooo TAKE ME BACK!

Room Tip: Beach front is worth it for sure!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BennePenne

Dear Benne Penne,

I like your review. No messing around, JUST GO and stay at Carimar Beach Club.

Thanks,

Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#2 of 13 in West End Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#3 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Carimar Beach Club? Share your experiences!