“Another Wonderful experience at the Frangipani Beach Resort”

Frangipani Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was our third visit to Anguilla and all three trips we have stayed at the Frangipani Beach Resort. They continue to meet and exceed our expectations. We love the small size of the hotel (I think it is only 19 rooms) as it is easy to get to know the staff. Everyone there is so friendly (seems like everyone in Anguilla is friendly) and the staff seems to be around when you want them to be and not around when you are looking for peace and quite. The beach at the resort is beautfiul and quite - no crowds at all. For me and my wife it is not a matter of if, it's only a matter or when will we visit the Frangipani again. This property is our kind of place.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

My husband and I chose the Frangipani because it was #1 on Trip Advisor. I understand why it is #1! We had a fabulous time, with fabulous hosts. Our room and bathroom was plenty big for the 2 of us. I feel that if we had stayed at a larger hotel, we would have missed out on some of the opportunities we had at a smaller resort. The beach guys were super helpful and friendly, too! Nothing was ever crowded, and we never had a problem finding a spot by the pool or on the beach!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jillgk
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We very much enjoyed our time in Anguilla. We stayed at Frangipani for 4 nights. For a small hotel, I thought everything was very well designed. We ate breakfast at the Straw Hat every morning. We were told that the continental breakfast of coffee, juice, 2 croissants and a muffin was included with our stay, but had to pay for other breakfast items from the menu. We ordered the continental breakfast almost everyday so we didn't have to pay for the coffee and juice because it was included and also ordered other items from the menu. We were not aware at checkout that the hotel credits you $15 per day (to cover the continental breakfast cost); however you do not have to order the continental breakfast. Otherwise, I also agree the room (ocean view, junior suite, 2A) was extremely small but well done. The bathroom was super tiny and the sofa was a bit uncomfortable. We didn't spend much time in our room and enjoyed the loungers at the pool in the evening to star gaze. I think overall I just wish the bathroom was much bigger but the rest of the room was just fine. I would defintely return. The pools were beautiful, the watersports were plenty, and the loungers were comfortable.

Room Tip: Reserve the largest room that you can afford because they are small.
4  Thank planner_010
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Once again I think my expectations of #1 hotels on Tripadvisor for a certain location must have been a bit too high. I mean, I truly expected this place to be better than Cuisinart since it's ranked higher. It was very nice but given the choice I would rather return to Cuisinart. Initially I thought we were saving quite a bit with this hotel compared to C but after reviewing some last minute specials Cuisinart had it was almost the same price. Back to the review:
Pros: it is a really well planned teeny hotel. It's a step from the room to the beach, the restaurant is a minute away.
There were never more than 4-5 other people on the beach at any given time in early Dec.
The food at Straw Hat was very good, exceeding that of restaurants at Cuisinart (I couldn't help comparing)
I liked the spacious modern shower in the room with massage settings
We enjoyed the complimentary water sports, were taken out all the way to Malliohuana on a Hobie by a worker

Now for the CONS:
We booked an ocean view room, were placed in 2B. Now not a single other reviewer mentioned that the rooms are very small so I am not sure if it was just this room but it is tiny! It is literally 2 steps from edge of bed to window, and even less from sides of bed to dresser and wall. Now I don't need the kitchen or washer/dryer in a suite but I like just a bit more space. I felt cramped. My H and I went on a Seabourne cruise in October and were joking that our cabin (smallest category) was larger than this room.
I thought the grounds were a bit too small and simple. Now H was very happy with that. I missed the architecture and walkways of Cuisinart, more open space.
Overall, it was a nice place. We walked along the beach, had a wonderful dinner at Jacala 10 min walk away but I think I'd rather go back to Cuisinart

5  Thank ilasik
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We just returned from our week at Frangipani and were not disappointed with our choice of hotel. Like many previous reviewers we loved the location, staff and rooms at the hotel. We stayed in Room 1A which is an extremely spacious one-bedroom suite that opens up directly onto the beach and is steps from the beautiful infinity pool. Having the washer/dryer in the room was great - helped cut down on stuff we had to pack as well as laundry time when I got home! Staff were very friendly and efficient, and Bernard at the pool was so nice - he did try to get me to try waterskiing but I chickened out (sorry Bernard). Watersports are all free and in addition to waterskiing incude use of the sailboats, snorkel gear, etc. There were only a couple of issues that were very minor - showers can be a little chilly because there are no doors to the shower, and we wished there had been a place on site to buy small items like gum, magazines, etc. (however food store is very close by). It's all been said before so all I can do is confirm that this is a beautiful and relaxing place to spend time - I highly recommend!

1  Thank CaribLover16
Reviewed 12 December 2011

If you need to get away for rest, beauty and tranquility Frangipani is the place for you! Located on a gorgeous beach amongst flowers and palms is a boutique hotel with all the amenities you need. It has a well appointed gift shop, delicious restaurant, two beautiful and welcoming infinity pools and a great water sport activity desk and staff! The rooms are very private and include a balcony, updated spa showers, small refrigerator and comfy bed. My husband and I can't wait to go back to this small boutique hotel! Thanks Alex, Jan and Flip Flop their adorable dog!

Room Tip: We had one of the non-ocean view rooms to save alittle money. It was a brief walk to the beach with...
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I had a wonderful time! The owners, staff, and all amenities were excellent. It was nice to share a "welcome happy hour" for guests only which made the week both private/intimate and friendly in a respectful way.
Can't wait to go back!!

Zemi Beach House, Hotel & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Hotel & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#3 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Frangipani Beach Resort? Share your experiences!