“When the owers are gone stay away”

Frangipani Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Winter Park, Florida
“When the owers are gone stay away”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Beautiful island but it is very sleepy. The service at Frangipani was awful; they advertise motor sports included but you had to have 4 people, if you wanted to go there it cost 50 a person, our kayak has a crack, we are out of towels, my shift is about to be over cant put chairs out. Excuses and excuses after excuses.
The beach attendant Raji was so rude, he tried to ruining my trip. When talking to him he would look down on his cell the whole time and walked around with has butt hanging out. I asked him a question and he would walk away and answer me with his back turned.
Had a great dinner at the Straw Hat but they forgot to bring our sides out and never came back to see how our food was. The manager finally came and asked and said she will personally check our bill so we will not be charge for the food we never got! no crap, I said in my head.
So we decided to go to the Viceroy for dinner and it was amazing, the view, facilities and service.
Found out the owners of Frangipani were on vacation, makes sense. We will never go back there again. They added a 10% service fee to your bill so be ready to back an additional 60 dollars a day.
One saving grace was Juman, he took my wife water skiing and gave us a short tour of the island, 40 minutes max. I gave him a generous tip to show our appreciation. Had lunch at Jacala before we left and it was amazing.

13 Thank btran321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Old Tappan, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I recently spent 10 days in this magnificant boutique hotel nestled on the beach in Meads Bay. This is our second annual trek to Frangipani. Last yer I wrote a 5 star review and I'm proud to say I have no problem in repeating that this time around. In fact, we'd give them 10 stars if we could. When we travel, there are three things we look for to trigger a return visit. First are always the people. They smile a lot at Frangipani, and they always go the extra mile to assist their guests in all ways. The accommodating General Manager Scott and his beautiful wife Shannon couldn't be more helpful and hospitable. It seems being nice is a habit in Anguilla. Next is the beach, and it just doesn't get any better then the one lapping up on the shores of Frangipani Beach Resort. And third, is the food. The Straw Hat Restaurant is a virtual feast. Every meal is simply wonderful. From a simple Fisburger lunch to a lavish Sea Feast Dinner, It's all here and it's all tasty and delicious. What more could an Italian guy from New Jersey want? Great People, Great Beach and Great Food. What a combination!!

7 Thank alp550
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I just completed our first trip to Anguilla and spent four nights at the Frangipani. It was a great choice. You fall out of bed onto the beach. We visited the Viceroy down the beach for drinks and, although very upscale, it is much larger and less cozy. Depends on what you want. Scott and Shannon and the entire staff are super helpful, and helped us arrange for a ferry over from the airport, a rental car (dropped off right at the resort), and numerous dinner reservations.

Meads beach is a wonderful 1/2 mile stretch, with several good restaurants for lunch and dinner, including Straw Hat (at the Frangipani), Jacala, and Blanchard's Beach Bar. We also had great meals (thanks to Scott's recommendations) at Barrell Stay and Veya.

My only complaints: (1) No fitness center (because I feel guilty sitting on the beach all day and then going out to a fabulous dinner every night) although this is being remedied with a new addition presently under construction. (2) No screens in any doors or windows. The doors all open by swinging out, which is fine during the day but presents a problem when dusk arrives and the mosquitos come out. They are not any worse than in Ohio, but they are annoying. We had to close our doors at night, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a room on the beach since I love to listen to the waves at night and hate using air conditioning.

Room Tip: We had A5 and it had three balconies. Good choice on the second floor.
4 Thank lawyerbob1
CT
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband, 15 month daughter and myself just got back from Anguilla. Everything was perfect at The Frangipani Hotel for 5 nights . Hotel is on the best beach and close to many restaurants. We did go in high season so it was expensive but well worth it. The staff was wonderful and could do anything you need - car rental, rest reservations and etc. The hotel also has one of the best restaurants on the island right there too. They offer free water sports too which was a lot of fun. The beach was never crowded and you could always get a seat at the pool or beach. Which was also great !!! We will absolutely be back and hopefully stay in a suite with a kitchen. We hear those rooms are perfect. Our room didn't have a view and only a refrigerator but we managed. After all you are in paradise.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank KCW1
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We just returned from another wonderful vacation at the Frangipani. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is small, so the beach and pool are never crowded. This makes the overall vibe of the hotel extremely relaxed. The adjacent restaurant, The Straw Hat, has a beautiful view of the beach and the food is excellent. The staff at the hotel and the restaurant could not be nicer or more attentive. We enjoyed a beach hopping boat trip organized through the hotel. It was an ideal beach vacation! I can't wait to go back.
Also, they are in the process of building a fitness center, which should be up and running by the time we go back!

1 Thank Eorchant
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a very small and luxurious resort, which never gets crowded. I think there may only be 25 rooms, Or less. The infinity edge pool is right at the edge of the beach. Drinks are served on the beach or at the pool by an attentive staff from the adjoining wonderful beach bar, the straw hat. Almost all the rooms have an ocean view, but if that is important to you be sure to reserve one that has the view. Words are in adequate to describe the setting so I attach pictures below. We have already signed up for next year. You will enjoy not only this resort, but the entire island. I was traveling with a broken arm and could not walk to a very nearby supermarket. One of the staff immediately volunteered to take me there. When is the last time that ever happened? A great place.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2B. Wonderful ocean view but only for two. If you have more traveling with you con...
2 Thank BayHeadTravelinBear
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We just returned from the best vacation at Frangipani Resort. This is a quiet small boutique type hotel with very accommodating service. Very few families which we like. Clientele is mostly adults so quiet, peaceful on the nicest beach in Anguilla. We will return here again for sure!

1 Thank LPTravel2014
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#1 of 13 in West End Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#4 of 13 in West End Village
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village
Cap Juluca
Cap Juluca
#5 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Frangipani Beach Resort? Share your experiences!