“The resort surpassed my expectations, comfortable accommodations with outstanding view.”

Blue Waters Beach Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West End Village
Blue Waters Beach Apartments
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Our family recently spent our family vacation in the caribbean, staying in St. Martin a few days followed by Anguilla. Only wish we had spent the entire time at Blue Waters where the beaches are more secluded and the accommodations were perfect for our family. The owners are lovely, caring people who want their guests to enjoy themselves. We left as friends with hopes to return in the not too distant future. I highly recommend for couples or families.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank steven4susan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Martinez, Georgia
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We spent 2x a year at Blue Waters Beach Apts. several yrs Apr 2000/Nov2000 Apr2001 Nov2001, do not remember the other yrs. It is awesome, the location is undescribable. A vacation only for someone to relax. A safe and friendly place. Met and made friends with local people. Cannot miss eating at Scilly Cay.Have many pictures I will post when I have more time

Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DorisP1
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My fiancée and I recently spent a week in Anguilla in November 2009. This is the epitome of paradise! We stayed at the Blue Waters Beach Apartments. We were on the bottom floor. Our apartment had these 2 big french doors. Imagine opening those doors to the most beautiful tropical vision; sugar white sand, tropical flowers, palm trees and crystal blue water. There are 33 beaches. Because we were there at their down time, we were most times the only ones on the beach. The weather was perfect. 80 to 90 degrees every day. Not one bad day.

The hardest part of the trip was trying to get a phone # for Blue Waters. They prefer word of mouth and do not even advertise in the local map. But, recently they did decide to do a web site. A little about the apartment. Very clean and Calvin Klein White. We had a one bedroom apartment. King sized. Full kitchen with electric stove, frig with ice maker and coffee maker. The cabinets are fully stocked with pots and pans, dishes, silverware, even wine glasses. No need to bring towels. Daily cleaning service. They even put a pan of water at the door to clean sand off your feet. Ceiling fans in every room. There is newly installed A/C in the bedroom. Also, a small safe but there is virtually on crime on this island. There is a living room with TV but honestly, there was never a need to turn it on or to sit inside. Outside those french doors is a table and 4 chairs. Perfect for breakfast.

There is a feel is Anguilla. These people are so friendly. Everything is so simple and lovely. This is an island to relax and completely unwind. No one hurries. The highest the speed limit gets is 40. When you first arrive, if your accommodations have a kitchen, which I highly recommend, ask your cab driver to stop for a few groceries. Don't get freaked out about the money. It translates to about a third in dollars.

Dining is just the best, but fairly expensive. This is why I recommend a kitchen for at least breakfast. The Tratorria Tramonto is an Italian restaurant right by Blue Waters and is excellent. Blanchard's is so nice, but again very pricey. Oliver’s was one of our favorites, but all were excellent. Gwen's Reggae bar on Sunday at 1:00 is just special. It's, of course, right on the beach. Get some BBQ chicken and sit back and listen to the tunes of the reggae band. One by one, another member came to join the band. One played an upside down wash tub with strings held up by a piece of wood. This was the bass. Another tapped 2 Heineken bottles. But the biggest thing is, they just plain ole enjoyed what they were doing. Everyone danced. We were invited the day before by Calvin. He is the sweetie of Aunt Lilly who prepares lobsters in a small hut on Island Harbour and serves them to you on one of 2 picnic tables right on the beach. Lucy’s is not on the beach but I swear it was the best burger and rum punch I’ve ever had!

On most trips, I try to find some gifts to take back. Shopping is not something you are going to do here. So forget that pressure.

This is the only time in my life that I didn't want to leave from vacation. I fell in love with this island and its people. I recommend Anguilla to anyone wanting to relax with beauty surrounding them.

9 Thank ParadiseFlower
Morris County, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Stayed at Blue Waters with some girlfriends. We were looking for a completely laid back and quiet vacation and that is what we got! Blue Waters is a no frills, quiet low key place to stay. If your looking for room service and fresh towels every few hours this is not the place for you. We rented a car, purchased some groceries at the local grocery store and were perfectly content eating breakfast and lunch in our kitchen and going out to local restaurants for dinners. the beach here could not be more perfect......it was quiet, clean, gorgeous water and secluded!
I would highly recommend Blue Waters for a no frills, quiet relaxing get away!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank sf60
Souderton, PA
Reviewed 14 March 2009

This review is long overdue. We spent the week of our 10th wedding anniversary at the incredible Blue Waters Beach Apartments. Like other reviewers we appreciate having a fully equipped kitchen so breakfast or other meals can be spent at "home". I never mind fixing a meal when I'm looking out at the amazing turquoise water of the Caribbean.
I hesitate to use the word "apartment" because it's so much more like a resort suite. The rooms are large, extremely clean and include all the amenities you would find in a 5 star hotel. The best part for us was the privacy. The patio for our 1st floor room was directly on the beach, surrounded by palm trees and just steps away from the water. It just doesn't get any better. But if you're looking to walk to nightlife and bars on the beach, etc., this won't work for you. Keep in mind that peace and quiet are the objectives here. If you rent a car (very easy to do, when you make reservations, owner Carolyn, will help you out with details) you can travel easily to different spots on the island that might offer what you're looking for. Again, we were just looking for time by ourselves.
Our impression is that Carolyn or her brother are there to help you get settled but do not involve themselves in your vacation unless you need help or information. (Again, very much the way we like things to go) The wonderful maid (who always waited 'til we were up and about before stopping in) and the office manager will be your main source of information and are very willing to lend a hand. We had no problems to deal with but asked them for advice on restaurants, snorkeling spots (Shoal Bay East is a good place to try), etc. They were always pleasant and helpful.
Restaurants are abundant but do check the season. Some close for part or all of the summer months. We had no trouble finding great spots, including the Italian restaurant right next to Blue Waters. The island is small so traveling and checking out restaurants is easy to do.
I truly hope Blue Waters exists for many, many more years. I can't imagine we'll find a more perfect fit for much needed getaways!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
8 Thank beachlovers98
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 19 February 2007

We discovered this place quite a few years ago and have gone there ever since when visiting Anguilla. Laid Back, Relaxing, Friendly, Greatest beach on Anguilla. We will miss it terribly when it is sold.

Stayed December 2006
6 Thank JosieOklahomaCity
edison,nj
Reviewed 15 November 2005

Our stay was almost surreal! We loved everything about the Blue Waters except the dearth of information about the place when booking it. I longed for more than a few pictures that I scrounged up surfing the web. Simple questions suchas "Do we need to bring beach towels?" went unanswered unless we contacted a travel agent.
Anyway, once we got there we were in awe of the place. It is clean, comfortable, and oh so close to a beautiful beach with palm trees, beach umbrellas and tons of white sand and gorgeous blue water.
The apartment was almost surgically clean. No bugs of the roach variety. (Thank goodness!) There were the omnipresent mosies and ants. Just spray on the bug repellent and keep all food in a covered container or in the fridge.
The beds are comfortable and the closet space is plentiful. I thought I would miss the lack of a/c but I did'nt. The breezes were nonstop and very relaxing. Having a kitchen with a full size refrigerator is almost decadent. I kept a washcloth in the freezer for after beach cool downs.
You will need a car but you can pick from a variety of restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive. We only made it as far north as the Cusinart for dinner but repeated restaurants only twice. (Mango's Yum)

Speaking of restaraunts, we have eaten at Blanchards every time we go to Anguilla and have finally given it the thumbs down. The food is mediocre and the service was abysmal! It's way overpriced and overated.
We the Tratoria Tramonte, Mango's, Picante, and had a fabulous splurge meal at the Malihounna(sp?)
All and all this was a fantastic chill out vacation in a great apartment hotel.

• Stayed November 2005
#7 of 13 in West End Village
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#1 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Blue Waters Beach Apartments? Share your experiences!