“Service great! Food was very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coba

Coba
Reserve with OpenTable
Coba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A destination unto itself, Cobà restaurant sits at the convergence of Barnes Bay and Meads Bays, offering limitless sea vistas. Cobà's dramatic views from its blufftop location provide the perfect backdrop for this signature restaurant and vibrant seafood grill.
New York City, New York
“Service great! Food was very good!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here the first night we stayed at the viceroy. It was just convenient and easy after a long day of travel. The restaurant is beautiful with views perched from the cliff of the viceroy. Our service at the restaurant was great, I found the rate of which food came out was perfect. The manager even served us our main course and introduced himself to us. I thought the food was very good, but my dish was a little salty. My husbands fish was very hearty and he seemed pleased. It is expensive which is why I wouldn't say the food was excellent for the price. For the view and beauty, if you are staying at the hotel it's worth a visit. (Btw I walked in 3 hrs prior and was able to get a reservation). I found the staff at the restaurant very pleasant. I disagree with the other reviews on service.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Having been to Coba in the past and having a wonderful dinner at that time we decided to return to Coba during this trip to Anguilla. Though the food was very good and the atmosphere elegant wirh a great view, the service was terrible. The first waiter took my husbands drink order but never bothered to acknowledge my presense. Even after we did receive our drinks, no one ever asked if we would like another. My husbands steak was cooked to perfection as were my crayfish but on completion of dinner I was very surprised to NOT be offered a hot finger towel for my hands. A restaurant that charges these prices at a resort of this caliber should do that without question (even hole in the wall seafood restaurants follow this practice). When we received our check there was a $6 split plate charge. The waitress had split my husbands appetizer order without our asking (I had sushi in the lounge prior to dinner so only wanted to taste his dish). We thought that maybe the server was actually trying to go above & beyond in doing this but realized we got scammed $6 for something we did not request! Bottom line....don't go! The menu actually used to be creative & awesome and the service much better but now it is just a steak & seafood restaurant like any other mid level one in the states! We are still on the island until this weekend and won't be recommending Coba to anyone!

• Visited May 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“Perfect view!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Coba restaurant will not disappoint, request a table by the water and you will be in a perfect spot to experience the sunset. The food is delicious as well with the best meat selection on the island. I would recommend trying the red wine and steak sauce as a nice compliment to your beef. The wine list is large with a well versed wine steward to assist with your selection. They were out of our first wine choice but made a great recommendation for a second option. Though a little pricey, Coba delivers on ambience, food and wine.

Visited May 2014
New York, NY
“Terrible Service!!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Each year we make multiple trips to the Viceroy for drinks at the Sunset Lounge and what is typically an amazing meal at Coba. This year we were celebrating Easter dinner and thought what could be better than dinner at Coba! We had made reservations about a month in advance with the concierge at Viceroy and were really looking forward to the meal.
We started with a drink at the Sunset Lounge and arrived for our 7pm reservation a few minutes early. The hostess didn't even look at us when we arrived, was rude, and when we asked if we could sit at the four top right on the water she said that table is only for hotel guests. That made us feel special!
Besides the rude welcome, we were still very excited for our meal. After 30 minutes and no server coming over to our table we had to physically walk up and ask for service. We wanted to order a bottle of wine, which we requested and the gentlemen said we don't have it without even letting us finish our request. We suggested he go take a look to see if they had it and guess what.. they did! After 20 more minutes our orders were taken. So in total, 50 minutes from sitting down until we had our full orders taken. This is unacceptable! From this point on it was just a waiting game and we were lucky as we watched as many more tables waited even longer for their appetizers and entrees.. We watched guest after guest walking up to any person they could find to help get their food. It was pretty comical! I will say that once we received our items they were very tasty but the experience had been ruined. If you are going to charge Four Seasons prices then I expect Four Seasons service... it seems as though the Viceroy needs to invest in some serious training! We had many amazing meals on Anguilla and have always found the service on the Island to be excellent... It is so odd that the Viceroy, one of the best hotels, can't seem to get it right.
We were staying at an amazing villa off property and were goign to spend a few nights at the beginning or end of our trip next year at The Viceroy. Not anymore!

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Best short ribs I have ever had. Period. I know, sounds strange not to eat fish/seafood in Anguilla, but I'm glad I chose the meat. So tender and juicy. The jus was spectacular; out of this world. My compliments to the chef!

Now that I have that out of the way, I can talk about the rest. The location is breathtaking. The service is outstanding. I can't understand why people are saying it's slow. We were in and out in an hour with three courses. I wish it could have lasted longer because we didn't want to leave.

Our waiter was so attentive, but also very pleasant. We didn't feel it was pretentious or stuffy at all considering the price and the fact that it was the Viceroy. Our waiter was constantly smiling and was very knowledgeable. I wish I got his name.

We will definitely return the next time we're in Anguilla.

• Visited April 2014