“Best vacation of all time!”

Meads Bay Beach Villas
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed 27 August 2012

There's isn't much you can say about Meads Bay Villas that hasn't been said in previous reviews. The Villas themselves are exceptional. Clean, comfortable, spacious and full of day-to-day amenities. The pool at the Villa was kept at a perfect temperature and provided a perfect alternative to the Ocean on a lazy afternoon.

The beach, literally steps from the Villas, much be experienced for yourself. The Meads Bay Villa beach provides privacy and seclusion, but is very easily walkable to restaurants and bars. I could (and did) eat at Blanchards every day which is a 3 minute walk from the Villas. I recommend the Cuban sandwich, any of the apps and a Rum Punch.

The staff at Meads Bay is unbeatable. Friendly, energetic and around the clock. Chris and Tom helped us plan everything from golf, snorkeling, fishing and even cliff diving.

I'll never stay anywhere else in the Caribbean!

Room Tip: We had the beach front villa for the week and it was awesome, but you really can't go wrong with...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Benjamin T

Reviewed 21 August 2012

There isn't much I can say or write that will properly convey how great Meads Bay Beach Villa and their wonderful staff are, but after staying there for a week I'm feel like I owe it them to let the world (or at least savvy Trip Advisor surfers) know about what has to be Anguilla's (heck, probably the Caribbean's) best place to lay low and relax.

First thing I need to mention is that the beach at Meads Bay (conveniently located 10 feet from our villa) has to be one of the nicest beaches, not just in the Caribbean, but in the world. Powder fine sand and water that like a swimming pool. It's impossible to describe how amazing it is have access to a beach where you can easily swim out 50 yards from shore and just float in water thats as clear as glass. Google pictures of Meads Bay - they don't do the beach proper justice, but it'll give a small sense of what you can expect. Also the beach, which is maybe a mile and half long, only appears to have like 10 people on it a once. It's unbelievable.

Given how nice the beach is at Meads Bay it's hard to think of a nicer, more pleasant place to relax than calm Caribbean waters, but the villas at MBBV might actually be the one place that can rival chilling out at the beach. You can tell the staff and ownership take a lot of pride in their villas and they did an amazing job with the layout. A group of friends and I stayed at Villa 1 (although per management, each villa is set up the same way) which meant we had a private veranda fully equipped with some very comfortable lounge chairs, and nice little deck and a private pool. There is even a smoker on premises for a lil BBQ (sadly, we didn't take advantage, but I can't think of things much better than coming back with a haul of some fresh snapper and mahi-mahi and grilling up a family-style dinner). All in all, staying at the villa felt like staying at a family beach house - only a lot nicer and with a much better view.

Lastly, I can't write this review without out giving a shout out to staff - Chris, Delta, Lolly, Charm, Jackie and Ezeriah - probably the nicest group of people on the island and just pleasant people to be around. Not really much I can say, except that its not coincidence that so many other people's reviews have noted how great the staff is. They make MBBV what it is and the plethora of 5 star reviews attest to the job they do. Chris in particular deserves a shout out for helping us figure out things to do and point out places on the island to check out. He was extremely helpful in planning out things to do and how to get around the island, and was also able to provide us with information on a few off-the-tourist-trail things to check out such as festivals that were happening on the island the week we were down there and some local places to find some good down home Anguilla food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 7 August 2012

First and foremost my husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the island of Anguilla. The beaches are the most breathtaking we have seen, and the people of Anguilla truly welcome you to their beautiful island. We had the most amazing week celebrating our first wedding anniversary at Meads Bay Beach Villa #4. We sadly regret not honeymooning here as well! The staff of MBBV went ABOVE and BEYOND to make our trip so memorable. Delta was there as we arrived to welcome us with open arms and brought us the most amazing pasties our first am! Chris was so helpful with all of our travel plans, dinner reservations and even amazing massages on our verandah! We literally spent the entire week relaxing without a care in the world. Villa #4 was beautiful and super private which was very nice. We really couldn't have asked for anything more. We would recommend MBBV to anyone and everyone. We cannot wait to come back!!

Room Tip: Villa #4 is most private; Sandy Island is super fun; tons of amazing restaurants in walking distance...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brynn143
Reviewed 6 August 2012

It has been over a month since returning home and I am still depressed about having to have left. This vacation was everything and more that I could have possibly wanted as my first trip to the Caribbean and by being back and talking amongst others, I am certain that Meads Bay Villas is who set the tone for that.

The vacation started out on a high note as soon as we arrived to Meads Bay, the property is beautifully landscaped and well maintained (they are out there each day working to keep the property looking absolutely flawless). Chris checked us into Villa 2 which was absolutely gorgeous, all newly updated appliances/decorations and a private deck/infinity pool to complete the perfect home away from home. (The pictures on here do not do the place justice which is why I am going to add a few of my own personal ones). The free calls from the villa to the US was exactly what we needed. My boyfriend proposed to me while we were visiting, which I am going to get to next, and being able to call home and talk to family and friends to share the news, at no charge, was great!

All of the staff were excellent and definitely added to the experience. Chris, the manager, was always bending backwards to make sure we were happy. He even helped my now fiance set up the night for when he was going to pop the question. He made reservations for us at Da Vida, where we had a waterfront, candlelit table waiting for us (the food was unreal!). My finance and I walked the beach after dinner, where he then popped the question (I couldn't dream of a better place to be proposed to than Anguilla). When we returned to our villa Chris had a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us to celebrate with. The day after the big proposal, Chris helped set up a private charter boat to take us out and continue the celebration. He definitely helped make it a proposal that is hard to compete with.

Another highlight of the villas is the beach at Meads Bay. I found myself in disbelief of the beautiful view each time I walked down from our villa. The crystal clear water was perfect temperature and the white sand was soft and rockless. Besides loving the view of the ocean, I also enjoyed that the beach was very secluded. You do not have to worry about anyone disturbing your relaxation.

Meads Bay Villas exceeded all of my expectations from the grounds to the villa to the incredible staff. I can not wait to return to Anguilla (ASAP) and I refuse to stay anywhere else. I highly and whole heartedly recommend Meads Bay. It will change your vacation from being a great one to an amazing one.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeandraJ
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Well Meads Bay Beach Villas....Chris, Lollie, Delta, Charm, Azariah and Burton you all did it AGAIN!! This was one of our all time top vacations! What can I say that has not already been said?? At one point we had 12 people in our group and you seem to make all of us very happy!!! That is a hard thing to do. Day in and day out you were there for our every need. The villas, the grounds, the staff....PERFECTION! And I mean this with all my heart! You all made us feel as if we had come back home and I felt as if we had. I fell in love with each of you and the island and hope to see you again real soon. I actually cried with Lollie and Delta as I was leaving. They are THE BEST!!!! We missed you the second week Chris but Thank You! Without you none of this could have happened. You worked with me to make this a fantastic trip. 18 glorious days and we took advantage of everything the island had to offer....believe me we did it all!!! Delta and Lollie saw first hand. LOL

This is one of the best all around villas that I've ever stayed at. With a perfect combination of luxury, location on the beach, polite staff, and quality of room, this is the best choice in Anguilla and perhaps all of the Caribbean!! You cant go wrong here, highly recommended for anyone looking for a quiet, laid back relaxing vacation with the best staff in the world!! Hope to see you all again in the near future! Love to all!! Dixie, Family and Friends

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LUVTHEISLANDS15
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at Villa #3 for our honeymoon this July and it was absolutely perfect. The private villa combined with Chris and their excellent staff made for the perfect vacation. The Villa itself was absolutely breathtaking - with an enormous amount of room for one couple. Everything inside the villa felt brand new and constantly clean. We loved having the privacy of #3 given that beach was still only 30 seconds away!

The beach was gorgeous - and we only shared it with 5 other people each day tops! The restaurants along Meads Bay were some of our favorites - and we definitely ate our fair share of meals on the island. We took a boat trip out to Prickly Pear and also rented paddle boards and a Hobie Cat for one day, but mostly just relaxed on the beach.

Chris was extremely kind and helpful - arranging everything we needed throughout the week.

We will be back again with more friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CTHachey
Reviewed 11 July 2012

There is truly nothing negative to say about this place! It has been a haven for my family since it opened, and it will continue to be for years to come. Everyone who works at MBBV could not be lovelier or more helpful, and it is an absolute joy returning to them year after year. Over the years we have stayed in villas 1, 2 and 3, and they have all been great. With villas 1 and 2 you get a view of the beach, but with villa 3 you get privacy. The villas themselves are incredibly comfortable, and my sister and I are especially fond of the Rusk bath products available every year. Great restaurants are a short walk or drive away, as is a grocery store. I am already looking forward to next March!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Grand Case
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#1 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Meads Bay Beach Villas? Share your experiences!