So Meads Villas exceeded my very high expectations. I had spotted the beachfront villa on my walk down Meads Bay a year ago while staying at Frangipani and vowed to try to come back there. We made this trip in mid August (husband and 2 teenage daughters) for 5 nights. First of all, I think the beachfront is the only way to go. Yes, it' is more expensive but it is like no other place I can think of- leaving the hotel and going to the beach is the same thing. When you are sitting out on your patio overlooking the beach it is out of this world. Bushes are planted strategically in front of the pool so people really can't look in so I felt no lack of privacy whatsoever.
We loved reading by the pool with 180 deg view of gorgeous Meads Bay. I am not going to repeat all the points of others - but we loved having a kitchen and having it stocked twice to have some meals and snacks right there. We went to new restaurant Ocean Echo twice and found it as good as Straw Hat with slightly lower prices (and very empty compared to straw hat). We also had Chris book us a boat trip that included tubing for our girls and stops at Sandy Ground, Prickly pear and Little Bay. Don't miss Prickley Pear- if you think Meads bay is beautiful that water and beach are out of the world.
Awesome trip. We are going back to Anguilla in Dec without the girls (Cuisinart this time)- I will surely miss Meads Bay and its Villas. If you can afford it beachfront it is truly a special place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meads Bay Beach Villas is a collection of 4 two-bedroom private villas on Meads Bay Beach, on the western shores of Anguilla in the British West Indies. Each villa features 1700 square feet of living space, including a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable living room, 2 ½ bathrooms, a large pool and sun deck with private swimming pool as well as a lounge and outdoor dining area. The property offers one of Anguilla’s exclusive beachfront villa settings, where guests step out directly onto the powder white sand of Meads Bay. The warm turquoise ocean water is only steps away from each villa. Meads Bay Beach Villas is the perfect option for honeymooners, couples, families and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Meads Bay Beach Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meads Bay Beach Villas Hotel West End
- Meads Bay Hotel
- Meads Bay Beach Villas Anguilla/West End Village