“This is what paradise feels like”

Meads Bay Beach Villas
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
New York City, New York
“This is what paradise feels like”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

So Meads Villas exceeded my very high expectations. I had spotted the beachfront villa on my walk down Meads Bay a year ago while staying at Frangipani and vowed to try to come back there. We made this trip in mid August (husband and 2 teenage daughters) for 5 nights. First of all, I think the beachfront is the only way to go. Yes, it' is more expensive but it is like no other place I can think of- leaving the hotel and going to the beach is the same thing. When you are sitting out on your patio overlooking the beach it is out of this world. Bushes are planted strategically in front of the pool so people really can't look in so I felt no lack of privacy whatsoever.
We loved reading by the pool with 180 deg view of gorgeous Meads Bay. I am not going to repeat all the points of others - but we loved having a kitchen and having it stocked twice to have some meals and snacks right there. We went to new restaurant Ocean Echo twice and found it as good as Straw Hat with slightly lower prices (and very empty compared to straw hat). We also had Chris book us a boat trip that included tubing for our girls and stops at Sandy Ground, Prickly pear and Little Bay. Don't miss Prickley Pear- if you think Meads bay is beautiful that water and beach are out of the world.
Awesome trip. We are going back to Anguilla in Dec without the girls (Cuisinart this time)- I will surely miss Meads Bay and its Villas. If you can afford it beachfront it is truly a special place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ilasik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
newtown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here July 14 thru the 21st. I miss it already! We were here 5 years ago with our kids, back again with just the 2 of us. It's actually more beautiful now because of the lush landscaping. Makes each villa very private. We stayed in Villa 4 which was lovely. Everything was immaculate, the staff makes you feel so welcome and I can't think of another place I would rather stay while on Anguilla.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank dianelongmore
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed in Villa 2 over 4th of July week. It is everything we had hoped for and more! The reviews are accurate. Chris (general manager) is on top of everything, answering all emails promptly before arrival. He and the entire staff are very capable, warm and welcoming. We had a problem with one of the shower heads in our villa, I told the maintenance man, (aptly-named) Charm, about it, and by the time we returned from the beach two hours later, he had replaced it. Meads Bay Beach is lovely, although if you want snorkeling, this is more of a swimming beach.The grounds are lovely and well-maintained ~ strategic flora placement provides some privacy.

The kitchen is nice and after a long night and day of travel, we were happy to have groceries waiting for us, which we pre-arranged. There is a coffee maker and also a Keurig, supplied with coffee, which was very much appreciated. Also, the outdoor shower turned out to be an unexpected bonus for us!

We rented a car and used it every day to visit different beaches. The beaches on Anguilla are amazing; restaurants, though expensive, are fantastic, better than most other Caribbean islands we have visited. We thoroughly enjoyed this island and MBBV ~ it is the only place I would consider staying.

Room Tip: Villa 1 is right on the beach, and I would like to stay in that one next! Villa 2 has a slight ocea...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackiepop
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My bride and I spent a week at MBBV after our destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Let me tell you, it was just what we needed. I need to start by back tracking a bit. We decided on MBBV a few months before our arrival and once we did, the stellar service began. I exchanged emails with Chris (property manager) about anything and everything I could think of to ask and he was always very prompt and accommodating. Our travel day was almost disastrous (thanks US Airways) but Chris made sure we had a charter boat from St. Martin and was there to greet us at the property when we arrived around 10:30pm. On to the villa....

Upon our arrival to Villa #2, we were simply stunned at how nice it was, the interior was updated, the bedrooms were big, the outdoor shower was awesome, the patio was HUGE and the pool was great. Villa #2 also has a great view of the ocean and the beach is about a 2 minute walk from the back door. We plan to come back and bring another couple as the villa was more than accommodating.

The staff was nice to let us sleep in after our 20+ hour travel day and Lollie (staff) even brought us fresh danishes from Geraud's (great breakfast place). Chris lined up a rental Jeep, all of our reservations and even some Cubans (at a good price) and then proceeded to show us the best restaurants and beaches on the map and what days to go where. He turned us on to some places we would have never found on our own. He is your go to guy.

Meads Bay itself is a great spot on the island. You have some of the island's best restaurants all very close; Viceroy, Blanchards, Jacalas just to name a few. The beach is one of the nicest on the island (and that is saying something!), there are plenty of beach chairs in that soft sand and Straw Hat is just a few steps away if you are hungry.

I could go on and on about what a great place it is to stay. Chris and the staff are reason enough to make MBBV the only place to stay, not to mention the beautiful beach, grounds and location. In short, we definitely plan on a return trip to Anguilla and we will not even consider other properties.

3 Thank Jasonp_TX
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was our honeymoon so things had to be great! AND THEY WERE! At first there was a bit of a disappointment because the villa we wanted was booked for the first two nights we planned to stay...Chris suggested a few other options for those nights and offered us a great June-Honeymoon price for the last four nights of our trip. From the first time we corresponded I knew that our Fellow-Philly Friend would take excellent care of us and he did! Being the manager of a boutique Villa "resort", he is able to offer the best service. From booking a car to arranging ferry rides, to making sure that our first rum punch on Sandy Island was taken care of (by the way...don't miss Sandy Island-and have the lobster!), he was a great concierge! OK, enough about "the man who went from "YO to YA MON" "
The villa was outstandingly comfortable with a private pool literally ON THE BEACH...I mean you can't get any closer and still have privacy. There are about 25 very nice beach chairs and umbrellas for your use directly in front of the villas. I could go on and on, but I will end with how absolutely beautiful Mead's Bay Beach is. Although people rave about other beaches, we loved Mead's Bay! Thank you Chris. There is a reason for all of the great ratings and reviews!

Room Tip: Although there is not a bad villa here, we HAVE to recommend #1 which is RIGHT on the beach
2 Thank bbbbandco
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

In truth this review should have been written weeks ago, but I have had little time and much trouble coming up with things to say that haven't been said over and over again about both the staff and accomodations at MBBV. All the wonderful things you hear are true. My wife and I stayed in Villa #1, and pictures cannot do the view justice. Chris took us on a tour of villa #4 in between guests so we could check out what the others were like. Villas 2-4 are indentical in layout inside, but differ from Villa #1 in that instead of a nice soaking tub in the master bedroom (which Villa #1 has), you get a large walk in closet and an outdoor shower. We found this to be essential information and am sharing it with you here to make your own decision based on what is more important to you. The view from Villa #1 is truly unsurpased. The other villas have very little ocean view, but they are within very easy walking distance to the beach. Privacy was never really an issue, even with being on the beach. The villas are superbly decorated, incredibly spacious, modern, well equipped, and impeccably maintained. I could go on, but everyone here has pretty much covered it all.

At the end of the day though, this is about Chris, Delta and the whole MBVV staff. Never have we had such attentive and first rate service. From the initial planning and reservation process we were treated like family (in some cases even better). Chris was off island when we arrived, but Delta is just as fabulous. Both of them were at our service no matter where, when or what. I'm not going to go into the particulars because I don't want to set precedent for them, they'd never get any time away and there's just not enough room to say it all. Suffice to say we were treated like royalty the whole time. We just can't express our gratitude and appreciation enough!

The only down side was the mosquitoes, they are bad. You are supplied with all the bug spray and citronella candles you want, but they're still a menace. Consider packing some of those personal clip on thingys that repel them.

I'll close with some helpful hints. Definitely take advantage of having groceries and alcohol delivered ahead of time. The resort is not within walking distance to any stores, and the restaurant prices are simply over the top expensive (everything in Anguilla is very expensive). No worries about cleaning up after cooking, the housekeeping staff takes care of it all and every villa has a dishwasher. The charter boat to and from the airport is well worth the extra cost over taking the public ferry, unless you want to see the countryside in St. Martin/Maarten too.

Best island vacation ever!!!!

Room Tip: Villa #1 is the only one with a soaking tub, the others have a walk in closet and outdoor shower ins...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phantom03
Southeast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Anguilla. After much research, we decided to stay at Meads Bay Beach Villas. We wanted a house with a kitchen and a private pool, directly on a beach, but small enough for two people. MBBV filled our requirements – and more. The key to this property is Chris, the manager. In reality, he is more like a concierge extraordinaire. If you need ANYTHING, he will make happen . He gave us his cell phone number, and always picked up when we had a question or request. Every restaurant seated us in prime locations, and his recommendations were virtually without fault. We cannot lavish enough praise upon Chris.

Villa One is on the beach front. It is impeccably furnished and has a well-stocked kitchen. We sent a grocery list a few days before arrival, and everything was present except frozen limeade. (Long story involving Margaritas. In short, after much searching, we don’t think you can get frozen limeade on the island). The plunge pool on the front porch was exactly what we wanted and provided a great respite from the moments when the sun was too much. Potentially, privacy could be an issue for some, but was not during our stay. The villa is tucked between the Frangipani and Turtles Nest resorts. A second floor balcony at Frangipani, and the second and third floors of Turtles Nest could overlook your porch, but we saw no one during our vacation. Also, I’m not sure how much privacy anybody should honestly expect unless they rented a truly private villa at a much higher rate. Mosquitoes are an issue. Our first afternoon I was attacked mercilessly while reading on the porch, while my wife was left unscathed. At 6:30, I called Chris, who was somewhere off-property living his life. Within fifteen minutes, he was at our unit with two cans of repellant (which I should have packed from the start). From that point, I gave myself a good coating if I was using the porch in the morning or afternoon, and had no issues. One of my highlights was waking early, brewing a cup of coffee, and reading on the porch listening to the waves rolling into Meads Bay. One final note on MBBV. There are two bedrooms. One has a true king bed, the other has two twin beds squeezed together into a king, that presumably can be separated. We chose the room with two twins, but if this is an issue for you, make sure to check.

We highly recommend Meads Bay Beach Villas for a special vacation.

1 Thank Fly_FisherSoutheast
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#1 of 13 in West End Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#4 of 13 in West End Village
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,358 reviews
Frangipani Beach Resort
Frangipani Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Meads Bay Beach Villas? Share your experiences!