“Amazing Paradise”

Meads Bay Beach Villas
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Everything you read about this place is right on the money. First class, 5 stars!!! Chris and his staff are warm and great hosts. We spent 4 nights in Villa # 3. We loved the villa, the private pool, the beautiful flowers, outdoor shower, lush vegetation and a great shot of the icy blue ocean. The sand on the beach is white, soft. Chris took care of our transfer from St. Marteen to Anguilla via Fun Time Charters. He had our frig stocked with food prior to our arrival (sent him a grocery list) and even took care of getting the rental car delivered to the property. The last day Chris made sure to have a taxi waiting to return us to Blowing Point to catch the charter back to St. Marteen.

Meads bay is a great beach!!! Beautiful spot. We spent time on the east end of the island, but the west end beaches were our favorite. Anguilla is more laid back and the people are very friendly. It reminded me of Nevis where as St. Marteen is more like St. Kitts as far as activity. We prefer the low key nature of Anguilla.

We were here during the off season so most of the restaurants were closed but there was still plenty to chose from. The first night we went to Viceroy and the Sunset Lounge. Great spot for the sunset and a drink. We nibbled on some appetizers. The last night we ate at Viceroy's Bamboo Bar and Grill. Their main restaurant was closed for the month. We were able to rent a kayak from them for $20 and took it out across Meads Bay. Not sure the hotel would allow that during the peak season.

One night we ate dinner at a newer restaurant called Ocean Echo. The food was nice, but the location and view is perfect being only approximately 500 yards down the beach from MBBV.

We spent 1/2 a day over at Smokeys at Cove Bay. Good food and great beach.

On the east end of the island, we stopped at Silly Cay for a drink and Hanks near Shoal Bay for a sandwich.

MBBV and Anguilla are the perfect combination to unwind, recenter and reconnect with yourself and a loved one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 05152012gg

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon in early October. We stayed in Villa 4, which has the most privacy (elevated terrace protected by shrubbery) but the longest walk to the beach (1-2 min tops).

The villa is delightful, with comfortable furnishings, huge lanai, awesome outdoor shower, and gorgeous infinity plunge pool. The beach is very quiet and secluded on Meads Bay, giving the vibe of being on a private island. Perfect honeymoon getaway!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blayton
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife and I recently spent our honeymoon in Villa 3 at Meads Bay Beach Villas. We could not have asked for a more perfect week. From start to finish the entire stay was everything we hoped for. The manager Chris and his staff were easily accessible and you can really tell they take pride in making sure their guests have everything they need. The villas are beautiful, the private pool really is a perfect touch and having the beach just a few steps away really just makes Meads Bay Beach Villas the only place to stay. On our last day of the trip, my wife and I already began planning our return trip. It really was a week in paradise. Thank you Chris and the entire Meads Bay staff for making our honeymoon perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Dustin O
Reviewed 22 August 2013

So Meads Villas exceeded my very high expectations. I had spotted the beachfront villa on my walk down Meads Bay a year ago while staying at Frangipani and vowed to try to come back there. We made this trip in mid August (husband and 2 teenage daughters) for 5 nights. First of all, I think the beachfront is the only way to go. Yes, it' is more expensive but it is like no other place I can think of- leaving the hotel and going to the beach is the same thing. When you are sitting out on your patio overlooking the beach it is out of this world. Bushes are planted strategically in front of the pool so people really can't look in so I felt no lack of privacy whatsoever.
We loved reading by the pool with 180 deg view of gorgeous Meads Bay. I am not going to repeat all the points of others - but we loved having a kitchen and having it stocked twice to have some meals and snacks right there. We went to new restaurant Ocean Echo twice and found it as good as Straw Hat with slightly lower prices (and very empty compared to straw hat). We also had Chris book us a boat trip that included tubing for our girls and stops at Sandy Ground, Prickly pear and Little Bay. Don't miss Prickley Pear- if you think Meads bay is beautiful that water and beach are out of the world.
Awesome trip. We are going back to Anguilla in Dec without the girls (Cuisinart this time)- I will surely miss Meads Bay and its Villas. If you can afford it beachfront it is truly a special place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ilasik
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here July 14 thru the 21st. I miss it already! We were here 5 years ago with our kids, back again with just the 2 of us. It's actually more beautiful now because of the lush landscaping. Makes each villa very private. We stayed in Villa 4 which was lovely. Everything was immaculate, the staff makes you feel so welcome and I can't think of another place I would rather stay while on Anguilla.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank dianelongmore
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed in Villa 2 over 4th of July week. It is everything we had hoped for and more! The reviews are accurate. Chris (general manager) is on top of everything, answering all emails promptly before arrival. He and the entire staff are very capable, warm and welcoming. We had a problem with one of the shower heads in our villa, I told the maintenance man, (aptly-named) Charm, about it, and by the time we returned from the beach two hours later, he had replaced it. Meads Bay Beach is lovely, although if you want snorkeling, this is more of a swimming beach.The grounds are lovely and well-maintained ~ strategic flora placement provides some privacy.

The kitchen is nice and after a long night and day of travel, we were happy to have groceries waiting for us, which we pre-arranged. There is a coffee maker and also a Keurig, supplied with coffee, which was very much appreciated. Also, the outdoor shower turned out to be an unexpected bonus for us!

We rented a car and used it every day to visit different beaches. The beaches on Anguilla are amazing; restaurants, though expensive, are fantastic, better than most other Caribbean islands we have visited. We thoroughly enjoyed this island and MBBV ~ it is the only place I would consider staying.

Room Tip: Villa 1 is right on the beach, and I would like to stay in that one next! Villa 2 has a slight ocea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackiepop
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My bride and I spent a week at MBBV after our destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Let me tell you, it was just what we needed. I need to start by back tracking a bit. We decided on MBBV a few months before our arrival and once we did, the stellar service began. I exchanged emails with Chris (property manager) about anything and everything I could think of to ask and he was always very prompt and accommodating. Our travel day was almost disastrous (thanks US Airways) but Chris made sure we had a charter boat from St. Martin and was there to greet us at the property when we arrived around 10:30pm. On to the villa....

Upon our arrival to Villa #2, we were simply stunned at how nice it was, the interior was updated, the bedrooms were big, the outdoor shower was awesome, the patio was HUGE and the pool was great. Villa #2 also has a great view of the ocean and the beach is about a 2 minute walk from the back door. We plan to come back and bring another couple as the villa was more than accommodating.

The staff was nice to let us sleep in after our 20+ hour travel day and Lollie (staff) even brought us fresh danishes from Geraud's (great breakfast place). Chris lined up a rental Jeep, all of our reservations and even some Cubans (at a good price) and then proceeded to show us the best restaurants and beaches on the map and what days to go where. He turned us on to some places we would have never found on our own. He is your go to guy.

Meads Bay itself is a great spot on the island. You have some of the island's best restaurants all very close; Viceroy, Blanchards, Jacalas just to name a few. The beach is one of the nicest on the island (and that is saying something!), there are plenty of beach chairs in that soft sand and Straw Hat is just a few steps away if you are hungry.

I could go on and on about what a great place it is to stay. Chris and the staff are reason enough to make MBBV the only place to stay, not to mention the beautiful beach, grounds and location. In short, we definitely plan on a return trip to Anguilla and we will not even consider other properties.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#4 of 13 in West End Village
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#1 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Meads Bay Beach Villas? Share your experiences!