“How can you get better than this?”

and 1 more site!
Sheriva Villa Hotel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
Naples, Florida
“How can you get better than this?”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've been to Anguilla three times and stayed once at another hotel and twice at a private villa. I'd heard of Sheriva, but never really looked into it. This place took me by surprise. My wife went online, came up with this vacation for our family and I dutifully obliged. I never thought that I could fall in love with a place like I did with Sheriva. From all the arrangements and grocery shopping that was taken care of before we arrived to the housekeepers who picked up the tiniest speck of dirt my 3-year old would leave on the marble tiles, this place is a winner. If you're fussy about Sheriva not being on the beach, get over it. We had a mega golf cart and zoomed down to Maundys Beach every day at the Cap Juluca where we had our own towels, chairs, and umbrellas set up every day. They even give us a cooler with ice so we had water for the kids all day. You can also walk down that gorgeous beach to restaurant Blue and have lunch if you want. We set up the signing privileges at CJ so we didn't need much cash every day, except for tipping, and just signed our checks. It was fantastic and easy. The rooms are huge...and I don't mean large. I mean HUGE! The closets alone rank with the size of the toniest NYC apartment. Our bed and linens were comfy and we really enjoyed interacting with the staff. Jeannine and Latoya run the office like a well oiled machine. Pat in housekeeping is a delight...friendly and efficient. For continental breakfast we enjoyed the fresh fruits especially the mango and pineapple. Simone always brings service with a great big smile. The kids loved the Game Room, which is upstairs in the office building. Lots of games and toys for kids of all ages (including me - loved the Pac Man game. It brought back some great memories of the 80's). For dining, we did chef service twice at the villa, but dined around the island. We loved all of it. Mango's, Tasty's, Straw Hat and Picante are a must try. This property is one of the hidden treasures of Anguilla. I hope more people visit. The prices aren't as low as some of the other places, but Sheriva is worth every penny. Good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't always good. The price and value of Sheriva makes it my top stop on Anguilla.

Room Tip: We loved the master suite with the wood and marble floors. Has a daybed and great place to lounge an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
boston, ma
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Another wonderful trip to Sheriva and Anguilla. The experience only has gotten better over the years. The villas are continually updated each and every year. The entire staff is exceptional and makes you feel at home. From the Smith family, to jeannine, to Pat and Simone they make a weeklong trip seemless and truly enjoyable. We traveled there last week for school vacation and look forward to returning sooner rather than later. Thank you again for all of your efforts

Room Tip: All of the rooms within the villa are terrific
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at Sheriva from 8/10/13 - 8/17/13 and it was nothing short of amazing! Our family has been on many outstanding vacations in the past but this was by far the best. We have already begun plans to return next year. Each aspect of the trip was perfect. The staff was amazing and friendly, each restaurant that were recommended were great, and the beaches were the most beautiful we have ever seen. Can't wait to come back. This Island and this resort truly are amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Greg B
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I am an avid Trip Advisor reader who travels often, but has never contributed. After the best vacation I have ever had, I feel compelled to share my fabulous experience at Sheriva. I have been to Anguilla before, but this was my first time at Sheriva. Every moment was pure bliss. I just got home yesterday and I miss Sheriva already!

Upon arrival at Sheriva, my husband and I were upgraded from a 1 bedroom grand villa pool suite to larger accommodations in Mystique Villa. There are no words to describe how awesomely beautiful and elegant the villa was. It was also incredibly spotlessly clean and in pristine condition. The view of St Martin is breathtaking.

We were welcomed with cold towels, canapés including cheese and crackers, chicken nuggets and rum punch. Every morning our continental breakfast was served with a smile. The staff is the warmest and most welcoming ANYWHERE. General Manager, Jeanine Connor-Gittens, is like the Director of a masterpiece, making sure that every moment is sheer perfection.

Every gloriously sunny morning we drove our Sheriva provided golf cart, which is so fun to drive, to Cap Juluca’s beach. Sheriva has a set up with chairs and umbrellas for their guests closest to the main building at Cap. There is no more stunning beach in the world. As a guest of Sheriva, we had signing privileges at Cap and were able to enjoy lunch at Blue and drinks on the beach without having to carry cash to the beach. Every moment of every day at Sheriva was stress-free and seamless.

In addition to being blessed with breathtaking surroundings, Anguilla is blessed with world-class restaurants and people who truly become like family. Some of the wonderful restaurants were Picante (Shauna is fabulous!), Veya (where we were lucky enough to listen to Omari Banks perform), and of course, Straw Hat. Straw Hat provides a top notch culinary experience with superb service (Armel is always a pleaure!) and its proprietor, Peter is so welcoming!

Sheriva is without a doubt the best accommodation in the best destination. I regret that there simply are not enough adjectives to describe how wonderful it truly is. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tripper203
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed at Sheriva in March, just before the crowds descended upon Anguilla. This was our 3rd time to Anguilla, and this trip was sheer heaven. What a property. Gracious staff come in every morning to serve us continental breakfast that was always filling. Simone, our butler, was there every day with the biggest smile on her face. Between her smile and our morning coffee, waking up at Sheriva was a treat. This vacation was more of a family getaway for us (8 adults, 5 children). It might sound like a crowd, but the large size of the villa made it seem like we had all the privacy in the world, yet we could hang out on the pool decks or in the living room together when we wanted to. We also made good use of the Game Room which is upstairs the Sheriva main office. Tons of fun activities like air hockey, wii games ping pong and building blocks and bean bags for the kids. We have to admit, we thought that the issue of Sheriva not being on the beach would be a drag. It wasn't. A huge golf cart came with our villa and we drove down to Cap Jaluca (Maundys Bay) every day. We had beach chairs, towels and umbrellas set up every morning and they'd even give us a water cooler with ice and bottled water. They also bring mini garbage cans so we could throw away our trash. They think of everything! We had villa massages several times during the week and the therapists came right to the villa. If you stay at Villa Harmony, get a massage on the Loft rooftop at sunset. SO beautiful! You just gaze over at the ocean and St. Maarten and drift away... For meals, we did the chef service one night, which was superb. The seas was a bit iffy the week we were there, so we couldn't get crayfish, but the staff swiftly substituted with an alternate surf and turf dinner (mahi mahi and tenderloin). That night the staff was totally attentive to both the kids and the adults. We laughed at how they sat the kids down and put their napkins on their laps and took their "drink order" as though at a real restaurant. That's why we loved Sheriva. You really feel the staff has your best interest at heart and its not faked or forced. The remaining nights, we ate out and had some of the best meals ever. This really is the dining capital of the Caribbean. We ate at: Straw Hat, Smokey's, Mango's, Blanchards and Tasty's. All were excellent and we highly recommend them! Our favorite was Straw Hat for the funky ambience and their exceptional staff. For activities we really didn't do much at all... we did do a lunch at Scilly Cay, it was ok and food was really good, but I heard that Prickly Pear is much more of an adventure. We also did Watersports at Maundys Bay several days. I could go on and on and on, and tell you about how honest the staff was when we left VERY expensive jewelry on the beach, but it was quickly returned that same afternoon when they Sheriva guys cleaned up the beach. I could tell you about the housekeeping staff (we loved Pat!) that never let us ask for our clothes to be laundered. They just magically appeared, smelling wonderful and neatly folded every other day. What mom wouldn't love THAT? And of course I could tell you about Latoya's kindness and efficiency, Jeannine taking our calls and texts in the middle of the night and answering immediately, and us finding out that the CEO of Sheriva comes on property every day to help water the plants!!, but I might run out of space. This place is just in a class by itself. Nothing like it on Anguilla. You HAVE to go down to Anguilla and experience this gorgeous place for yourself. We now understand why so many people go back year after year. The only thing I recommend is knowing when it gets really busy on the island. On the day we were checking out, there was another family coming into our villa and even though we weren't granted a late check-out, they gave us a room to shower and change and stored our luggage while we had a final lunch at Blue Restaurant at Cap Jaluca. As I said at the start of this review, the staff is just gracious. We have stayed at other hotels on Anguilla in the West End area, but for the value, spaciousness of the villa, the level of service, and all the extras like concierge service that is always accurate, the beach set-up, and the golf cart (which the kids really loved), we are definitely going back to Sheriva.

Room Tip: With a party as large as ours, expect to have to give a credit card guarantee to any restaurants you...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank HyHersch
SHERIVAMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Sheriva Villa Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We love what we do and we are always happy to know that is shows! We look forward to welcoming your family back to Sheriva in the near future.
boston, ma
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We just got back from Anguilla after spending 7 nights at Sheriva. This was our third year in a row staying at this property and it just seems to get better and better. We stayed in villa Harmony on this trip and it was our second time in this particular villa. What makes the island and this particular property so appealing are the people. The entire staff are warm, friendly, and could not be more accomodating. The location is exactly where we want to be on island since most of our favorite restaurants are close by and you have beach chair access on the Cap Juluca (maundays bay) beach. Which in our opinion is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
There were 5 (4 adults and 1 child) of us on vacation. We have a tendency to like smaller hotels (100 rooms or under) or private villas and this place truly is magic.

For us Viceroy is a great place for a drink but not a place to stay. Each time we have gone there it seems to have some large conference or convention going on. As a lifelong Red Sox fan I counted 18 yankee's hats (most of them on backwards) when we stopped in for a sunset drink this year.
The Sheriva property is private yet it's not secluded. There is a small office, wifi works great throughout the entire villa(free), and it's one of the few places that I have stayed where you are not nickel and dimed. I hate when I stay somewhere and I am paying $500-1000 per night and then they charge me $20. per day for internet access or $5 for a bottle of water.

Likes:
For me (40 year old male) great beaches, pools, restaurants and people
My wife (40 yr old) loves the cleanliness of the villa and the care the staff take with the entire property. She also loves the fact that we don't have to pack as much for the trip because the villa staff will do your laundry while you are there.
My son (age 7) loves the pool, hottub, the golf cart and game room.....plus his "friends"
My In-laws who were with us like all of the above

Dislikes:
For most of the better restaurants reservations need to be made before you arrive

Restaurants we went to for dinner
Da'vida: very good
Piccante: very good and reasonable. First time their
Blanchards: food was very good but we felt like they were rushing to flip the tables
Veya: very good...live music most nights
Sandbar: we really enjoyed it and one of the most beautiful sunsets we have seen
Jacala: our favorite

For lunch: we went to Jacala, Straw Hat (twice), Da'vida (on Sunday Omari Banks plays from 1-5), Scilly Cay (open on Wednesday and Sunday) and Ocean Echo (brand new about 2 months old and very good)

A final note:

When we were flying home a few days ago my wife said to me, "do you know that this is the first vacation we have ever taken where the tv was never turned on." That is what Anguilla and Sheriva provide for a family if you let it

Room Tip: If you flying into St. Martin time the Funtime boats to Anguilla. They are more expensive than the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Johnshem
Thank you for sharing this review. As a repeat guest, we are always happy to welcome you "home" to Sheriva. We are honored by the fact that you continue to select our property for your family's precious annual vacation. We look forward to making it "4 for 4" in the near future.
Orange, NJ
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Just stayed at Sheriva for our honeymoon and it was amazing. It is beautiful and just an amazing place to be refreshed and enjoy paradise. The accommodations were 5 star and the staff was just amazing. We hardly had to ask for anything, they anticipated everything. The grounds and villas are spotless and well maintained. It is extremely quiet with views that keep you amazed your entire stay. It is extremely quiet and very safe.

I know I sound like I work for Sheriva, but it was an amazing stay. My wife and I cannot wait to go back. Jeannine the GM is amazing and you can count on her to meet your need if she is able to.

Thank you Sheriva for a wonderful honeymoon and for a well needed time of refreshing.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Anacaona Boutique Hotel
Anacaona Boutique Hotel
#8 of 13 in West End Village
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#3 of 13 in West End Village
#1 of 13 in West End Village
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village

Been to Sheriva Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!