This is no ordinary place. When our friend recommended 3 Anguilla properties she thought we would like, we immediately picked Sheriva. It was our first time to the island and we wanted a very private property but also wanted to be spoiled a little. This was a dream come true. We stayed at Mystique and had an unforgettable experience. There are three things that make Sheriva memorable: 1) the service staff 2) the location 3) the suites
1) Service staff: Who wouldn't want to wake up every morning with the smell of freshly brewed coffee and sizzling bacon coming under your bedroom door? And when you open that door, you are met by smiling faces. This is the right way to start every day. We took the continental breakfast option, but loved the full breakfast menu. Try the Sheriva version of hash browns which is sauteed onions, bacon, and potatos- very addictive! We had housekeepers who washed our clothing twice a week and they cleared our rooms every day. Daily our room looked just as it had when we checked in. If you leave a pile of shells (or clothing) strewn throughout the living room, they make a neat pile or fold for you without moving things about too much. Just wonderful!
We thought of nothing. The concierge team was amazing and arranged everything for us and made suggestions that were spot on. We took a boat excursion out to Prickly Pear, dined at many of the restaurants everyone raves about (and rightfully so) such as Veya, Mangos, Tasty's, Dolce Vita, Smokey's and Beach Shack. Whenever we called the office for assistance, we were greeted warmly and never felt we were a bother. Our children enjoyed playing in the game room which is in the office on the second floor. After enjoying the many breakfasts and evenings at the fabulous restaurants, we were grateful for the gym at Sheriva which is quite comprehensive for a small property. Be sure to hit the gym during your vacation. You will need it.
2) Location is everything. Sheriva is in West End which appears to be the second capital of the island. We were only five minutes from almost anything we wanted to do. This was convenient. The property itself is gated and has security and we felt very safe here. We had a very big golf cart that we used and went to the beach every day. It is only about 3 minutes away (always drive on the LEFT!) and I agree that Maundays Beach is the nicest one on the island. We went to Shoals Bay, Meads Bay, Sandy Ground and Prickly Pear. All were nice, but we thought "our" beach was the best. Because of proximity to Cap Juluca, Sheriva has a partnership with the hotel which allowed us to sign at restaurants, watersports and the shops there. We really liked Spice restaurant. The Moroccan theme is beautiful and sitting right at the water's edge with lights shining into the ocean was so remarkable and romantic.
3) Our suite was beyond large. We had a living room, kitchen, additional bathroom, our own private pool and a jacuzzi. Our bathrooms were so large, we could actually have used only the bathrooms as bedrooms. There was a separate area with toilet/bidet, a daybed, a dressing room, two showers, two sinks, AND a bathtub. The master closet ...well, that is no closet. There are many shelves, drawers, plus additional luggage closet where there is a safe and more shelving for extra pillows and linens. Finally, there is also a tiny closet for our laundry basket. I could twirl and dance in the master closet. Absolutely bigger is better and Sheriva masters this well.
I felt at home from the moment we checked in. The staff is very professional, friendly and genuinely happy to have you visit. We have no doubt that we will return to Sheriva to visit our new friends. Sheriva, we love you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning SHERIVA VILLA HOTEL offers the serenity of understated elegance with elitist luxuries. Recognized as a 2009-2010 Condé Nast Johansens Recommended Property and a 2008-2010 AAA 4-Diamond Property, SHERIVA mesmerizes even the most distinguished traveler. Accommodations range from 1-bedroom Grand Villa Pool suites to 7-bedroom villas. Fine finishes of marble, granite and rich hardwoods adorn the villas as well as the Conference Suite and new Events Pavilion - perfect for weddings and group functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheriva Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheriva Villa Hotel Anguilla/West End Village