“Do Little”

DOOlittle's restaurant + bar
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Marigot Bay
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, International
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: DOOlittle's restaurant + bar aims to create a menu that pleases all palates with locally sourced, seasonal and sustainable ingredients creating a reciprocal partnership with the island's farmers and food suppliers. Our menu reflects international selections infused with a Saint Lucian twist and cooking methods. Our philosophy is to create a dining experience that provides delicious food served by professionals who share the love for gathering around a table and enjoying one's company over food and drink.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Do Little”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is one of those restaurants where you are made to feel relaxed from the very beginning of your visit. The food and service was good (although we did visit at breakfast one morning and had to wait 40 minutes to eat - despite us being the only ones there). There are pool tables and an area to relax with your drink afterwards. Well worth a visit!

Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Oh my GOSH! What a Dreamy Place to Eat!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Upon arriving at Doolittle's you almost instantly get a feeling of relaxation, warm breezes, and the ocean breaking next to you while you eat. Nothing like it. The food was tremendous compared to the other island / bar style foods I've had previously in the area. Overall I'd have to say it's one of the cleanest, best places to eat in St. Lucia!

• Visited September 2012
Miami, Florida
“Incredible experience”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am not accustomed to beautiful beach/resort vacations because I always thought of them as boring and mundane. Simply looking at the beach for an entire vacation always seemed a bit bland. Nevertheless, Castries was a stimulating experience for the senses of my body. I am one that normally looks for adventure and adrenaline. I was enlightened in this beautiful place in St. Lucia for the tastes they provided, the sights, along with the perfect unison of my being. A great example of the tastes and sights that I experienced occurred in the Doolittle’s restaurant. The staff was excellent and attended to my every need immediately. I went during happy hour so the drinks were half off which was very nice. There is nothing better than a great dining experience. I’ve gone to restaurants where they have live theatre and in house entertainment; In this restaurant, nature was the entertainment. I was sitting near the Marigot Bay and saw rays in the water right as I was eating! One of the staff members told me to watch as he pointed at a bat and it swooped down and caught a fish with incredible precision! Well this is a restaurant, so I’ve got to talk about the food. I walked into the restaurant and expected to leave with much less money than I arrived. However, the prices were incredibly reasonable. I ordered the Grilled sea scallops and the “Healthy fish and chips”. I have had my fair share of fish and chips in the past( all fried), and this one tops all the other fried fish I have ever eaten. The fish was extremely fresh. To be honest, the scallops could have been better, but the overall experience was superb. I have gone to similar restaurants in Miami( which is where I live) and spent over 300 dollars on myself and thought that it was all worth it. At Doolittle’s I spent under 100 dollars on my girlfriend and me and experienced more than I ever thought I would. It made the expensive restaurants on the Miami coast seem like total rip-offs!

• Visited June 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“It was just ok...”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had to walk through Doolittles to go back and forth between the house we had rented and the ferry. The location is excellent with the perfect sunset view and you can't beat the open air seating... however, we ate there on our last night because we didn't feel like cooking or going very far. They weren't busy. We picked our own table. The service was attentive at first and then it's like they forgot about us. The food was ok... I had a burger which was good but the fries were limp. The specialty drinks were ok but took almost as long to get as it did the food.

this place has the location to be awesome. I'll try it again when I return next year just to see if my second impression is any better...

• Visited May 2013
Scotland
“Nice experience going across in the boat, but restaurant mediocre”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were a party of 8 who went to Doolittles for lunch. Doolittles is accessible by a boat which dots back and forth across a small bay. If you are eating there the boat is free. The locals call it a spit of land with a very small, not very clean beach which leads to Doolittles and the Marigot Beach Club. There are a few locals offering trinkets and water taxis, and lots of signs saying that you can only access certain areas, for example, toilets, some sun beds and a pool if you are either eating in the restaurant or staying at the beach club.

The restaurant is nicely situated for a sunset view, and a view to the villas across the bay, but there is rubbish around the waters edge which could easily be cleaned up.

The food was mediocre, fast food really, and for what we had I thought it was expensive, also 1 person got their food when everyone else had almost finished which was poor service. We had 2 local people with us who agreed that the food was disappointing.

I'm glad we went, because we could see the restaurant from where we were staying and thought it looked interesting, but we all agreed that we preferred other restaurants in the area, although in fairness we never tried the dinner menu which looked more "grown up"

• Visited July 2013