“great trip”

Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marigot Bay
Reviewed 9 December 2013

my boyfriend and i stayed at this resort at the beginning of November and we had a blast. the resort is small and kind of boring, there isn't any entertainment etc. i loved the idea of takin a ferry to and from the resort. the rooms are cozy and was cleaned everyday.the staff was friendly especially the bar staff. i wish i could remember their names. samantha at the spa was really great as well. my boyfriend be friended yellow the security guard really quickly. it was a great experience. the only thing the reception area closes too early

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tamsin p
Marigot, Director of Sales at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Tamsin P,
Thank you for your review. we have noted all. All the best to you and take good care.

:) M

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort is a very nice, reasonably priced resort in St. Lucia. I went there by myself to enjoy some long overdue diving. Most of the staff is very friendly and accommodating, (though I did find the staff at the onsite restaurant, Dolittles, somewhat stand-offish). My room was clean, linens fresh. The little kitchen allowed me to prepare my own breakfasts and lunches to keep my meal costs in line with my budget. ...kitchen could have used a few more dishes and pots, but it wasn't difficult to make do. The lock to the sliding door out to the patio didn't work well and on my first night my attempt to unlock the door resulted in my breaking the key off in the lock. The staff resolved the problem with the help of the resort owner- who could not keep his scornful attitude about my apparent lack of door-locking skills to himself. The door never did work for me but I was so intimidated, I never said anything about it til I checked out. Otherwise, a nice stay and I would definitely return as well as recommend this resort to others.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the resort is built on the bay but the rooms/studios are a bit of a climb up a hil...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Dolores C
Marigot, General Manager at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Hello Dolores,

Thank you for your review, it was very nice having you stay with us at the Marigot Beach Club & Dice Resort. We are also glad you enjoyed your stay. Let me apologize for your being a bit intimidated about your lock issue. We have systems in place to take care of such mishaps, it was unfortunate you were not informed of these systems. We once again apologize. However overall we are glad you didn't let that spoil your vacation and you gladly took the time to enjoy every bit of it.
We will continue to keep in touch with you. Have a happy thanksgiving and do enjoy the holiday season ahead.

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Firstly I have no idea what the last review is talking about, the boat has been running and is still running back and forth to the dock, we didn't see one single sign of anyone who even looked like a prostitute and lady who cleaned our room did a brilliant job each and every day! Location is beautiful, room was cute and clean with all the amenities and large balcony. Staff were helpful although there were times when they could have done a little more. "Yellow" the security man offers the sunloungers whenever you need them and the we had a very pleasant stay! If this hotel made a couple of tiny fine tweaks it really could be unbelievable as they had most other things in place and working well. I would definitely recommend this place to family and friends as its great value for money

• Stayed: November 2013
Marigot, Director of Sales at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments about our resort. We do appreciate it and hope to see you in the near future.

Best regards,
Marcia.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is about an hour from UVF then you take a little boat which is free and runs very often .Its really nice if your a couple the rooms have everything you will need to prepare meals. The balcony has nice sitting chairs even a rocking chair to relax and enjoy incredible stunning and romantic views during the day or night the grounds are beautiful .There is not much to do close by so a taxi or rental is the way to go explore the restaurant is nice but a little expensive for me $10. US for a slice of cake. Go across the water and eat from the lady that cook for the locals her lunches will excite your taste buds. My only dislike was having to pay $80.US for a taxi from the airport each way .as a single person traveling on a budget it was hard for me and did not leave me with options to move around and there is nothing close by but this is my second visit so its no big deal overall it was a nice stay .I gave the spa and room service a lower score not because it was bad but I did not use that service. The staff and I mean all are very nice and pleasant ask the bartender lady to sing she has a great voice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mtalife
Marigot, Director of Sales at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for your honest review. We await your soonest arrival.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This review is long delayed! My friend Teddy and I visited St Lucia and stayed a week in Marigot Beach Club in Feb 2011 (I have marked time as Nov 2012 as there was no option for earlier dates, sorry).

We are people who enjoy simple pleasures in life and when chosing a hotel we tend to book smaller to medium ones, with 2-3 stars as instead of luxury we tend to chose authenticity.

We loved every minute of our stay. At the arrival we have been checked into one of the smaller rooms which you can access by few sets of stairs. Although we liked the room and haven't complaint about anything, we have been upgraded to a lovely beachfront studio with magnificent view across the bay and a lovely terrace (Thank you David!!!). The room was spacious and had comfy bed, kitchen had all neccesary cutlery/crockery if you want to prepare yourself a breakfast/lunch/sandwich. Shower/toilet was big enough, always stock up with complimentary shampoon/hair conditioner/soap and water was always hot. Our studio was cleaned daily (absolutely spotless) and towels also were changed daily.

The fact that you access the hotel by little boat adds to its charm - "Liquid sunshine" is always ready and we have never had to wait for the boat to take us to the other site longer than just five minutes. For the hotel guests, this service is free of charge.

Every morning we had breakfast at the Doolittle's restaurant and I can't really say a bad word about it. A couple of time we have been waiting slighly longer for the service, however the restaurant was packed and being on holiday and especially on the Caribbean island, we are never in rush, so we didn't mind it. For the dinners we either stayed and ate at Doolittle's and wandered off to Rainforest Hideaway, only short walk from the hotel.

We have made a couple hikes to the top of the hill on this side of Marigot Bay - it has amazing views of the whole bay. We also went to rum distilery, Sourfiere and a beautiful beach near the Pitons. We have only spent 7 days in Marigot as we decided to have a diverse experience and spend our second week in Rodney Bay, however next time coming to St Lucia we would certainly stay in Marigot Beach Hotel and definitely for longer than just 1 week.

David, the owner, stays at the bar most nights sipping a water/coke and talking to the guests and making sure everyone is happy. We found him absolutely charming and extremely helpful.

A big thanks to David and all hotel staff for their hospitality!

Room Tip: Beachfront studios with just a few steps walk from the Doolittle's restaurants are the best in o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Chiyo 79,
Thank you for reviewing Marigot Beach Club as well as Doolittles Restaurant. It is also very nice of you to point out some very special features. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to having you join us at the resort in the near future.

Best regards,
M.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My Fiancé and I recently stay here for a week and it was amazing the hotel was fantastic. We actually watch the dr Doolittle movie shot there and I could no believe we were there. I use to love that movie:) The dinner at doolittles restaurant was great, prices were pretty fair and the food was good. Coffee and drinks were a bit expensive but service was great:) Great scenery and amazing food makes for a fantastic combination I would def go back:)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Curtis,

Thank you for your review. Hope to see you here soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have to say, I wasn't expecting anything like what I experienced at this resort. My girlfriend and I are both naively from the Dominican Republic and we have only ever vacationed in the DR since we have been together. We decided to hit up St Lucia after a few friends made recommendations to come to this amazing country.

So after doing some research we decided to go to marigot beach club and I honestly have to say it was an amazing experience. The yacht club is great with its astonishing views of the ocean and calm breeze it was a great place to hang out while the sun sets. The room itself wasn't too great but we barely even spent time in there. The tv was very small and old fashioned, I would have preferred a flat screen but honestly it just made the trip better by not allowing me to enjoy the tv I spent more time with my girlfriend enjoying each others company. The view from the balcony was amazing ! it definitely made up for the small tv.

The restaurant was good, we ate breakfast there everyday of our stay, dinner a couple of times. Overall my experience was great, the friendly staff, good food & more importantly the great enviroment. I recommend this resort to anyone that is heading to St. Lucia.

Room Tip: ensure you get a balcony! Its the best advice you'll ever get.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yulian M

Dear Yulian,

It was a pleasure having you guys stay with us. I am so thrilled to read about your experience. Please do visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot Bay
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Coco Palm Resort
Coco Palm Resort
#2 of 6 in Rodney Bay

Been to Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!