“friendly people and beautiful scenery”

Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marigot Bay
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Food were delicious also. Overall it was a nice experience and the people were very helpful. Location was ideal. Lovely restaurants in the surroundings. Catamaran cruise and tree top zips lining is a must do in St Lucia lol.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Marigot, Front Office Manager at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Hi Shameer M,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us :)
We are pleased to know that you both had a great time and that your expectations were met.
Thanks for choosing our resort to celebrate your honeymoon. On behalf of team MBC we join in wishing you both all the best.
We look forward to having you join us again sometime in the near future.

Best wishes,
ML

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and myself stayed in Marigot beach club last December 2013, and i must say it was terrific. We had a really lovely room with tropical flowers on the bed when we arrived, and invited to complementary rum punches, so we could chill out after a long journey from the UK. The staff were really friendly especially the barman Glen, who was really entertaining and made everyone welcome to his bar. The rooms were kept very clean and fully serviced each morning .Staff were very helpful when we required information on what to do on island, also introduced us to all the local tours and how to get about, which made our stay so pleasant.The owner who is generally around during happy hour , made himself known to all guests ,and asked if they had any problems that he could attend to, but we never heard a complaint during our entire stay in his lovely hotel situated in what i can only describe as Paradise.

Room Tip: We stayed in the panoramic rooms which are fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kingshead
Marigot, Director of Sales at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Valued Guests,
:) Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It gives us great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your short vacation. We wish you all he best and we trust that you would choose our resort should you decide to vacation in St. Lucia again.

Best Wishes,
M.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

And that expectation was met.
All the issues with the room were not worth troubling the owner/manager with as they couldn't have been rectified within the period of our stay. And reading his unspeakably rude retorts to previous negative TA reviews I didn't want to encounter his wroth and spoil my experience of the fantastic idillic location. Two to three full days labour, plumber and builder would have sorted our room. Clearly that's never going to happen during the period of our stay.
Please go and enjoy this breathtaking, unique location, but be prepared for rooms in need of a serious overhaul.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wingdiva
Marigot, Owner at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

After literally crawling on our hands and knees we finally recognized your very zoomed in macro image of building debris (plaster and a paint spot) and it was only after contacting you and your giving us a diagram that we located the macro detail .Indeed the mirror 3 inches X 5 inches ( 1 year old ) which was clean but was flaking behind ( since removed ) and the 1 inch plug had minor rust markings ( since changed) Do not kid yourself that you are encouraging guests with the publication of your grossly exaggerated pictures and remarks of taking days to fix when in fact all was done in a matter of minutes. The room was a redecoration and you were the first guest. I really cannot understand that (a) you did not report this and get us to rectify it (b) you did not ask for a room change if it bothered you so much ( which it obviously didn’t as it could hardly be seen, it wasn’t flagged because it wasn’t seen because it was so tiny ) amazing what cameras can do these days isn’t it. It therefore brings to my attention WHY ? what do you gain by this undeniable pedantism that obviously satisfies you. Trying to destroy businesses rep over such minor details. The pipe you are referring to just clips back in place, I guess some guests like swinging on it :) .

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I travelled solo to Marigot Bay in Dec 2013 for 7 nights staying in a deluxe Grande studio. The website gives the impression that the resort was well maintained and offers several different healthy life style exercises such as yoga, pilates, etc. On arriving, I was informed there was no such exercises and for the 7 nights I was there, there was no option to attend such classes (which the website claimed to have continuously – a bit like the sunset cruise option that never eventuated).

On initial impressions, the Grande studio looked very comfortable however, looking a little closer it was obvious that no one had bothered to clean the studio for quite some time. Adding to this, the shower barely worked and I had to request bath towels for 2 days once the shower was fixed. In the 7 nights I stayed there, my room was not vacuumed once.

Food at Marigot is alright if you can get it. I had to ask 5 times for a menu on my first attempt at dining at Doolittle’s and was given a death stare every time I asked for something (like a menu or a drink).

The staff in reception were equally as unhelpful and unfriendly as the restaurant staff and seemed to have an excuse for everything, mostly resulting in me being the one who misunderstood the situation or was wrong.

Finally, the beach outside the Marigot Beach Club plays host to a group of weed smoking locals (you can smell it a mile off) who are more than happy to harass hotel guests both on the beach and while guests are trying to enjoy tanning time by the resort pool or eating in the bar/restaurant without the resort staff paying any attention to guests being made to feel uncomfortable by beach boys requesting drinks be bought for them on guests accounts.

I have had the opportunity to travel the world and have stayed in an array of accommodation from back packers to a 6 star hotel and have to say that I will never stay in Marigot Beach Club and would highly recommend staying elsewhere if you are visiting the beautiful St Lucia.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank Jenna A
Marigot, Director of Sales at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Jenna,

We are now in 2017 and a lot has changed. Please do not make untrue statements about Marigot Beach Club. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

born and stayed in the island till I was 13 years old. Then moved to Houston Texas. Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort is the worst place to stay in St Lucia. if it rains then don't even think of leaving for hours. the hotel drainage is terrible. Having to take a ferry every time you leave is an annoying factor. Hotel service is horrible, room service is done by the security guard. didn't get clean bed sheets. Not to mention a sinking ferry who had to be picked up from the bottom of the river/ocean by a crane. Hotel Doolittle's was a horrible experience. Talking about overpriced food and waitresses not being honest. I have stayed at many places in St Lucia and have been satisfied to the maximum. However, Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort broke that streak...worst place ever...the security guard however, is very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank herve t
Marigot, General Manager at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Mr. Herve,

At the time six weeks ago you will recall there was a tropical storm and it was not a case of irrigation, it was a case of a lot of rain. Ninety nine percent of our guest just love the one minute trip across the water by ferry.
Regarding hotel service, we would not have received a certificate of excellence if our guest were not happy with the service. I can assure you, the security guard is a security guard and just that alone. Our pricing is equal to that and even cheaper than any other restaurant in the bay.
About the Ferry, yes the ferry was hit against the dock, however it was subsequently repaired and two new ferries were bought and have arrived from oversea.

Best Regards

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We've just returned from a two-week stay at Marigot Beach Club, which far exceeded our expectations. We weren't expecting (nor did we want) a super-luxury five star experience, but we were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the place is, and what a fantastically gorgeous setting.

The staff in the restaurant and bar were really friendly - sometimes service was a bit slow, but who's in a hurry anyway? The rum punches were excellent and so was the food. We also ate at Rainforest Hideaway and at the Hurricane Hole, but we honestly preferred the restaurant at Marigot Beach Club. The food was always carefully prepared and there was a really good selection of different things, including super-fresh fish every day. We particularly liked the fact that we weren't expected to dress up for dinner - not something you necessarily want to do in tropical temperatures.

The guys on the beach are great fun - they arranged various things for us, including a water taxi (Alex) into Castries, where we had a good time shopping for paintings in the market and then watching the whales getting off the cruise ships (yes, the human type), only to waddle into the nearest cafe for yet more food - very entertaining indeed.

Our room was very comfortable and our terrace looked straight out onto Marigot Bay. We stayed in one of the Panorama rooms - anyone not wanting to climb quite a few steps should stay in one of the rooms lower down, but we took the view that it all helped to burn off some of the extra calories we were consuming!

I would recommend Marigot Beach Club for anyone wanting a truly relaxing holiday in a very laidback atmosphere. We will definitely be back. Thank you everyone at MBC for helping make our holiday a special time (including Pepsi the Dog!).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fatbottomzebra

Hello Fatbottomzebra,
Lol, it is good to know that your very relaxing holiday was met far beyond your expectation. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Thanks for such an objective review. It was also a pleasure having you. ;) Our Marigot Beach Club Team join in wishing you all the best :)

Once again we say thank you.
Best regards.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I decided to visit this beautiful island in early August this year for 3 weeks and choose to live at this resort for its affordable prices, and its magnificent location.
On arrival, the evening receptionist was really unprofessional. Then had to wait for a call to verify that our room was ready like we were not expected (we arrived at 1800hrs). On arrival into our room we noticed that our room was very untidy with waters bottles left under the bed, condom wrapper on the bed and dirty bedding; also the pans, plates and glasses were all dirty too. Inset nets and windows were filthy. I went down to reception to report this but it was closed. The following morning I reported to the receptionist and she laughed and said it’s impossible but asked the cleaners to check it out. I then noticed that the cleaners used the very same broom they used to sweep the walk paths outside and used it to sweep inside, We also discovered cockroaches in the cupboards and under the bed, also found one in my wife’s luggage in all there was about 4.
One rainy night I was awakened by droplets of water falling on my head and chest; the roof was leaking terribly, and had to shift the position of the bed. The following morning I reported this to the receptionist and she laughed again saying she have never had such a complain, and sent the handyman to check it out, obviously the water on the floor was there to prove it!!!!!!!! AND FOR WHOEVER IS REPLYING TO THESE REMARKS; I GOT THE PHOTOS TO PROVE IT AND WILL POST THEM HERE. We were frustrated and ask for a new room but were told that the other rooms similar to ours were all booked. We were given a choice to take the Beach Front Studios which was very small compared to ours; smaller bed and price being more. There is no night life at the resort and as a result it’s boring, the price of the local beer is much more expensive than anywhere else on the island, and the pool is always filthy.
I was also surprised that management saw it ok to have electricity in the restaurant and left the rooms in darkness one entire evening when there was a power outage. We were also awaken by the smell on fumes on night and realised that the air-conditioning unit was smoking. The entire stay at this resort was just issues after issues. There were nights went the ferry did not operate due to the night security being off duty, which I thought was a big inconvenience. The resort also has bad communication was our stay and wedding package was calculated as one and we payed our deposit as arranged and was supposed to pay the balance one leaving. But after our wedding dinner a restaurant staff told us we had an outstanding bill which I thought was embarrassing and had to explain to her that this was all arranged for.
Our honeymoon was a disaster as the Beach Front Studio was part of the wedding package and as I said earlier it was very small, small bed, lack of dishes and cutlery in the kitchenette and air-condition was not working, and was not repaired for the rest of our 6 days we stayed. I could go on and on about complains but I think I’ve said enough as most o complains were already said by others here.
THE ENTIRE RESSORT NEEDS TO BE RENOVATED, UPDATED AND CLEANING PRACTICES NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED.I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO STAY AT THIS RESORT AT THE MOMENT AS THERE ARE MANY HEALTH HAZARDS. IF I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE TO VISIT THERE IT WOULD BE THE ST.LUCIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS.

Room Tip: the new rooms are better but there are many steps to climb.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank mike w
Marigot, Director of Sales at Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for your review. We are in 2017 and a lot has changed and upgraded. It would be our pleasure to have you guys stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot Bay
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Anse Cochon
St. James's Club Morgan Bay

Been to Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!