“We'd love to stay again”
Review of The Inn On The Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marigot Bay
The Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Marigot Bay
scotland
“We'd love to stay again”
Reviewed 18 November 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at "The Inn on the Bay". The facilities were perfect - comfortable, spacious, airy and meticulously presented. We liked the pool, the view and the more than adequate breakfast, but best of all was the way we were looked after by Louisa and Normand, whose committment to their guests is second to none. It was a great way to begin our Caribbean holiday.

Stayed October 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
UK
Reviewed 6 November 2007

Having read the reviews we took the plunge and booked a week at the Inn on the Bay. We were not disappointed.

Inn on the Bay is in a beautiful location with excellent views. Our hosts, Normand and Louise, could not have been more hospitable and helpful.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a peaceful holiday away from the tourists.

Portsmouth
Reviewed 4 November 2007

Everything we'd been expecting from the previous excellent reviews tuned out to be just as described. Hosts Normand and Louise were most attentive and friendly - and the views were to die for!
Highly recommended.

Tahoe City, California
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I was a rare type of visitor to St. Lucia. I wasn't going for my honeymoon or wedding anniversary. I wasn't going with my family or a significant other. I was flying solo...and struck gold in scoring a room at the Inn on the Bay for 4 nights during my trip. It was by far the best accomodations that I had during my trip. Normand and Louise are your ideal hosts- warm, welcoming, laid back yet very attentive, and generally good people to spend time with. The setting is absolute perfection- a handsome white structure perched above Marigot Bay with amazing views from all directions. The rooms were minimal and cozy while still classy. The veranda, where you can eat breakfast or enjoy a late afternoon cocktail is set surrounded by Louise's beautiful garden and it overlooks the water. I enjoyed many a sunset here.

Normand and Louise go out of their way to ensure that their guests are getting the most out of their trip to St. Lucia. From dinner reservations in Marigot to boat tax rides and snorkling trips at Jalousie...they seem capable of coming up with just about any itinerary that you could ask for. It really made for an ideal vacation.

My experience endeared me to my hosts and the Inn just that much more- I arrived one day early to Marigot Bay to provide as much shelter from Hurricane Dean. Normand and Louise were very accomodating. In fact, knowing that I was a solo traveler, they took steps to ensure that I felt safe during the storm and placed me in a room near their personal quarters in case I needed anything throughout the night. Myself and two other couples endured the storm right along with our hosts and it ended up being quite enjoyable. I felt safe and secure and couldn't imagine being anywhere else for my first hurricane.

You won't be disappointed as I think this is the best value and best lodging option on the island.

• Liked — What wasn't there to like? Great hosts, great rooms, beautiful location, good dining nearby
  • Disliked — Located in an upscale bay, so the dining was a bit more expensive
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Girlski
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2007

Inn on the Bay will forever be in my memories. I visited for the 1st time 3years ago. It was just phenomenal. Norman an Louise definitely make this place sing. All your wants and needs are attended to with great enthusiam. The views are breathtaking. I hate to sound like a infomercial but this place is the one of best experiences I ever had.
It was so nice I just recently got Married right there. Again my expectations were exceeded. The process was seamless thanks to Normand and Louise. I am already planning my next trip to St. Lucia and Inn on the Bay is the only one on my list of places to stay. If you hate nature, you will hate this place. If you have a taste for adventure and pampering, you will love it.

• Liked — the property owners and the location
  • Disliked — I liked it all!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Atlanta
Reviewed 31 May 2007

Needing to "get away" for a few days, we started a last minute online search for a vacation in St. Lucia, West Indies. Upon searching the St. Lucia website, we stumbled upon what we consider one of the island's best-kept secrets. At the risk of exposing our find, we feel compelled to share it with the Trip Advisor. The Inn at Marigot Bay, hosted by our new friends Norman and Louisa, is a retreat that offers beauty, hospitality, congeniality, and fine service; all of this situated at the most picturesque setting on the island, the high cliff overlooking the entrance to Marigot Bay. From this vantage point, one can have a view of the Bay itself on the poolside, or the sunset skyline of the Caribbean Sea on the opposite side of the building. Its 5 guest rooms offer the intimacy necessary for a peaceful respite or the capacity to host a wonderful small wedding. We heartily recommend this "escape" to all! S&T, Atlanta, GA

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank AtlantaSandT
Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2007

The Inn on the Bay is a wonderful place to get away to. My husband and I really wanted a place that was quiet and peaceful. Normand and Louise made us feel like we were family and made sure that we had everything we needed. We had breakfast on the deck overlooking the ocean every morning. Louise made sure we had such lovely things to eat and Normands coffee was superb. Normand was always very helpful in planning and securing our excursions and he never hesistated in taking us to town for our evening meals. Thanks Normand and Louise for making our trip a dream come true

Stayed May 2007
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to The Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!