“Initimate, Charming Inn w/Breathtaking View - Like Visiting with Friends”
Review of The Inn On The Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marigot Bay
The Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Marigot Bay
Pensacola, Florida
“Initimate, Charming Inn w/Breathtaking View - Like Visiting with Friends”
Reviewed 1 January 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Inn on the Bay in late Oct / early Nov 2007. It had a gorgeous view, the rooms were comfortable and clean, and Louise prepared a wonderful breakfast buffet for us each day. Both Normand and Louise made us feel as though we were guests visiting them in their home.

The walk to and from the village provided great exercise and was pleasant during daylight and dry weather. As an alternative, Normand always made himself readily available to drive us at our convenience.

Normand and Louise provided great advice with respect to excursions, restaurants etc., and made all of the necessary arrangements for us.

The steps down to the snorkeling site could be challenging when wet - and physically taxing to some - but it was one of the highlights of our trip. It was very peaceful and quiet, the snorkeling was good, and we found some great shells!

We have no regrets with selecting Inn on the Bay for our visit to St Lucia and would recommend it for consideration by anyone who prefers a more intimate vacation experience.

• Liked — the view and the hospitality
  • Disliked — accessibility, i.e. transportation was needed to get most places (which is probably true of most places on the island)
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rstls_Lady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
florida
Reviewed 21 December 2007

A wonderful place (high overlooking Marigot Bay) in a wonderful location (away from the more crowded areas of the island) hosted by gracious, caring people. IWe were lucky to have chosen this Inn and this location - in retrospect - a no brainer!

Wilmslow, Cheshire. UK
Reviewed 27 November 2007

We stayed at the inn on the bay in July this year and what can I say it’s just like the photos – paradise.

The Inn overlooks Marigot Bay, with one of the best views on the island; I could have sat there all day and watched the yachts come in and out.

The room was lovely and cool, no need for aircon, as there was a lovely breeze blowing (I think they has been designed that way) – great for all you green travellers. It was also very large and had everything we needed, and just three steps from the pool, which was always the perfect temperature to jump in a cool down.

As the Inn was on top of a hill there was no mosquitoes and was generally a bit cooler because of the breezes, the atmosphere is very relaxed and peaceful (no Children), so it is the perfect place to chill out – I think we read 3 books each (there is a small swapping library).

If you are concerned that the Inn is on top of a hill don’t be – it is a bit of a steep walk to the top, but there is a free taxi to the top virtually any time you want (just call Normand or ask at one of the bars and they’ll arrange for him to come and pick you up)

Our hosts Louise & Normand were fantastic – they could not do enough for us – organising trips, lifts to and from the bay when ever we needed and of course the breakfast freshly cooked muffins and fresh fruit every morning.

They can also book any of the restaurants on the bay – they are all good Château Margot was always excellent – the best steak and pizza ever and in the middle of St Lucia – who would have thought it.

The rainforest hideaway is also worth special mention it is some of the best food I have ever had worthy of a Michelin Star. Also great service and very good value.

Louise & Normand also recommended lots of places to eat around the Island – and without exception, they where all good.

As we went off season in July, Marigot Bay was a little quieter, but that was good as we never struggled to get a table or get on a trip.

We hired a car for a couple of days – but you can also get around by local mini bus – but a car does give you some freedom.- beware all the road in St Lucia appear to be vertical hills – so if you are not a confident driver you may find it a bit daunting.

Overall we could not fault the Inn – remember it is an Inn not a Hotel and you are paying for piece and quiet and that view – it is a holiday to relax and get away form it all. (the all-inclusives are on Rodney Bay)

PS Sorry it took so long to write this Normand & Louise

• Liked — The Hosts and the View
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed 18 November 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at "The Inn on the Bay". The facilities were perfect - comfortable, spacious, airy and meticulously presented. We liked the pool, the view and the more than adequate breakfast, but best of all was the way we were looked after by Louisa and Normand, whose committment to their guests is second to none. It was a great way to begin our Caribbean holiday.

UK
Reviewed 6 November 2007

Having read the reviews we took the plunge and booked a week at the Inn on the Bay. We were not disappointed.

Inn on the Bay is in a beautiful location with excellent views. Our hosts, Normand and Louise, could not have been more hospitable and helpful.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a peaceful holiday away from the tourists.

Portsmouth
Reviewed 4 November 2007

Everything we'd been expecting from the previous excellent reviews tuned out to be just as described. Hosts Normand and Louise were most attentive and friendly - and the views were to die for!
Highly recommended.

Tahoe City, California
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I was a rare type of visitor to St. Lucia. I wasn't going for my honeymoon or wedding anniversary. I wasn't going with my family or a significant other. I was flying solo...and struck gold in scoring a room at the Inn on the Bay for 4 nights during my trip. It was by far the best accomodations that I had during my trip. Normand and Louise are your ideal hosts- warm, welcoming, laid back yet very attentive, and generally good people to spend time with. The setting is absolute perfection- a handsome white structure perched above Marigot Bay with amazing views from all directions. The rooms were minimal and cozy while still classy. The veranda, where you can eat breakfast or enjoy a late afternoon cocktail is set surrounded by Louise's beautiful garden and it overlooks the water. I enjoyed many a sunset here.

Normand and Louise go out of their way to ensure that their guests are getting the most out of their trip to St. Lucia. From dinner reservations in Marigot to boat tax rides and snorkling trips at Jalousie...they seem capable of coming up with just about any itinerary that you could ask for. It really made for an ideal vacation.

My experience endeared me to my hosts and the Inn just that much more- I arrived one day early to Marigot Bay to provide as much shelter from Hurricane Dean. Normand and Louise were very accomodating. In fact, knowing that I was a solo traveler, they took steps to ensure that I felt safe during the storm and placed me in a room near their personal quarters in case I needed anything throughout the night. Myself and two other couples endured the storm right along with our hosts and it ended up being quite enjoyable. I felt safe and secure and couldn't imagine being anywhere else for my first hurricane.

You won't be disappointed as I think this is the best value and best lodging option on the island.

• Liked — What wasn't there to like? Great hosts, great rooms, beautiful location, good dining nearby
  • Disliked — Located in an upscale bay, so the dining was a bit more expensive
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to The Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!