“Perfection....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Inn On The Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marigot Bay
The Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Marigot Bay
London, United Kingdom
“Perfection....”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A most relaxing two weeks spent at the Inn on the Bay. I am more a fan of lazing about by the pool, eating (which I will come back to shortly) and dipping my toe in the pool now and again. My wife preferred to be out and about visiting this that and the other. The flexibility of using the local bus, land taxi, water taxi or Shanks’s pony meant we could mix laziness with such activities in just the right measure. So as well as climbing the Tet Paul and Millet trails, inspecting plants my wife pretended to know the name of, chasing elusive parrots, tasting fresh sugar cane juice, eating freshly dropped coconuts, snorkelling for the first time in the calm waters of Sugar Bay, taking the local bus into and out of Castries, and walking down to and up from the bay, we lazed by the well-kept pool and looked out at the perfect scene doing absolutely nothing! Perfection.
We stayed in the larger room on the upper floor. We could not find fault with the comfort of the bed or the sofa and the cooling and refreshing cross breeze through the windows allowed for a good night’s sleep. Breakfast has been spoken about quite a lot on here and it is indeed a pleasing array of fruits, cereals, cakes, and breads. Plenty of fuel for the day ahead and enjoyment for lovers of melons and bananas alike. (Special shout out to Louise for the cakes too)
Normand’s advice was free flowing, along with the rum in my coffee and tea. My seemingly being a bit of a grumpy old Brit gave our infamous host’s humour a ready-made foil. As did my diet, which in the UK is and remains vegan. The variety of foods available in Marigot Bay made it quite difficult to remain fully so during our stay. Visits to the Doolittle restaurant for their Teriyaki Tofu dish and frequent bowls of chips at the Hurricane Hole kept the wolf from the door on many occasions. I did however succumb to the odd vegetarian pizza. These were very tasty and actually not quite as odd as the vegetable burger from one café, which appeared to have what looked like meaty cat food chunks served under it in the bun. Throughout these ordeals Normand maintained his clearly genuine concern for my dietary welfare and he would frequently check- up as to whether I had been able to find the suitable fuel required for a man of my physique. His amiable joking regarding my gastronomic predilections also became something of a source of amusement to my wife, who lovingly informs me one of her highlights was her eating locally cooked fresh red snapper fish at the Anse-la-Raye fish fry up - for which Normand had organised transport of course.
We both have no hesitation in recommending the Inn. If you are really fortunate when you stay you may even meet a grumpy old vegan Brit (and possibly his wife) paying a return visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Incredible views, Marigot Bay and the Caribbean Sea
No noise, night and day
Normound, the ever-gracious host

Only bad part, we had to leave
No kids, that makes it great

The rooms are spotless, courtesy of Rose
Happy, relaxed and peaceful vacation site
Enjoy the company of new people from around the world

Breakfast by Louise, très magnifique
Air conditioning, definitely not needed
You will love the 5-star experience

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JeffreyF715
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I visited Marigot Bay over Christmas and we are so thankful we stayed with Normand and Louise! The location, hospitality, view, and serenity can't be beat. I have to admit I am very picky about where I stay - cleanliness, service - and especially noise - but this has genuinely been one of the best travel experiences I've had. Relaxing, quiet and peaceful.

From the very first email contact with Normand - the customer service was top notch and I felt genuinely taken care of and appreciated. Normand booked a car for us when we arrived, and it was great to not have to worry about a car rental or car service after a long flight. When we arrived at the Inn both Normand and Louise came out to greet us and made us feel welcome immediately.

You really don't need to rent a car. Normand is so accommodating and will take you down to the harbor anytime you'd like, or call for a taxi for you. He arranged for a water taxi for us one day to go to Soufriere and it was an amazing day.

Louise's baked goods in the morning were a special treat, and there was also delicious fresh fruit, coffee, etc. in the morning.

Normand is a gracious host. He is somehow amazingly always there when you need him, but he is not in the least overbearing and will give you all the space you need. If you are looking for a high end, five star stay with 24 room service, air conditioning, on site restaurants and bars well, this special place may not be for you. But if you are looking for a relaxing, magical and romantic getaway, the Inn on the Bay is superior. (And regarding the air conditioning, you don't even notice there is none - there are lovely ocean breezes and a ceiling fan in the room which keeps everything very comfortable.)

We would not hesitate to go back to the Inn on the Bay... and hopefully we will someday!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Don't stay here if you are looking for a big resort atmosphere - this place has only five rooms and no pina collada service. If you are looking for a TV to watch when you get back from dinner - forget about it! Want to know what time it is when you wake up in the middle of the night? Sorry no clocks. Got to have A/C? Don't have it - don't need it (and I like a/c)!

What you do have is a warm, comfortable and clean place with unmatched views from the top of Marigot Bay. You've seen the pictures and they don't do the location justice. You have hosts who become your friends not just hotel proprieters. You have an opportunity to meet the other guests around the outdoor breakfast table and the pool and sunset terrace who become more than faces you pass on the sidewalk.

Your hosts, Norm and Louise will help you plan your days and arrange the transportation. Make life simple and add the trips to your tab and take care of everything including the tips when you leave. Want to just lay by the pool to read and watch the boats go by - that is also allowed! pick up some of the wonderful locally made Piton beer and chill.

Bottom line - a wonderful place for relaxation and basing your St. Lucia trip.

2 Thank mchud
Annandale, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I just got back from a short getaway in St. Lucia where I stayed at The Inn on the Bay. Not enough praise can be said of the wonderful hosts, Normand and Louise. They were both delightful, helpful and a hoot! Louise's breakfast was delicious every morning.

The Inn is nestled on top of a hill overlooking the beautiful Marigot Bay. My room (5) had a separate lounge area that was quite relaxing; the view certainly helped my mood! The patio and pool area is very nice and great to cool down from the tropical climate.

I tried most of the restaurants in the bay, which all had something special about them. Normand was very knowledgeable about the bay and restaurants. He, along with Louise, have so much respect from the locals, which makes sense as all their hard years of work have certainly paid off.

The nature of the Inn is one of community. You can't help but get to know your neighbors but you also have a tremendous sense of privacy. There is a wonderful breeze throughout the Inn; air conditioning is unnecessary and there are fans for those who need them. The water pressure is terrific as is water temperature. The maid makes sure each room is spotless and the grounds are meticulously maintained. The view from the deck (with the pool) is incredible. As is the view from the front of the house where there is a small deck for reading and enjoying the sea.

I look forward to my next trip at the Inn! The true diamond is the wonderful hosts. Normand and Louise were concerned when my companion got sunburnt, provided him immediately with sunscreen and even offered aloe which grows naturally on the property. C'est très apprécié Normand and Louise.

With best regards,
A very happy traveller (Nick)

2 Thank Nplynch90
Stockton, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I just returned from a five day stay with my boyfriend Nick. The trip to the Inn was quick and affordable given the Inn's distance from the airport. Norman and Louise pick only the best drivers, who are both knowledgeable and safety conscious.

The Inn is located at an ideal spot looking out over the bay. It provides easy access to the bay's restaurants, beaches and grocery store. The walk to and from the Inn into town is quick and is not strenuous. At the same time, the Inn is completely secluded, private and quiet... which is great given the hustle and bustle of the bay. The bay itself will take your breath away, as will the Inn and it's accommodations.

Not enough can be said for Normand and Louise. They are funny, charming and go above and beyond helping their guests feel comfortable. Check in and check out was painless. Normand did a great job booking us a day trip on a sailboat and it becomes apparent that both are well respected on the island. Louise's muffins/breads are delicious; one of best complimentary breakfast's I've had.

I would recommend asking Normand and Louise which restaurants they recommend. Finally, take advantage of the wine you can purchase from them. We bought a bottle of white wine and were extremely impressed by it's quality and affordability.

The only regret I have is not staying their longer and I look forward to my next trip with Louise and Normand.

1 Thank Tlacuache909
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A touch of Canadian hospitality awaits at the Inn of Louise and Norman. We had such a great stay last week. Terrific location overlooking the Marigot Bay. The Inn is simple but very nice. Our room (Room 5) was conformable and quiet. After looking around the island, we concluded the Inn is a great value and location. You should rent a car at the airport if you stay here... big walk up hill and taxi is expensive.

Room Tip: Room 5 is quiet and away from the pool area...