“A must when visiting St. Lucia”
Review of The Inn On The Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marigot Bay
The Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Marigot Bay
Tahoe City, California
“A must when visiting St. Lucia”
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I was a rare type of visitor to St. Lucia. I wasn't going for my honeymoon or wedding anniversary. I wasn't going with my family or a significant other. I was flying solo...and struck gold in scoring a room at the Inn on the Bay for 4 nights during my trip. It was by far the best accomodations that I had during my trip. Normand and Louise are your ideal hosts- warm, welcoming, laid back yet very attentive, and generally good people to spend time with. The setting is absolute perfection- a handsome white structure perched above Marigot Bay with amazing views from all directions. The rooms were minimal and cozy while still classy. The veranda, where you can eat breakfast or enjoy a late afternoon cocktail is set surrounded by Louise's beautiful garden and it overlooks the water. I enjoyed many a sunset here.

Normand and Louise go out of their way to ensure that their guests are getting the most out of their trip to St. Lucia. From dinner reservations in Marigot to boat tax rides and snorkling trips at Jalousie...they seem capable of coming up with just about any itinerary that you could ask for. It really made for an ideal vacation.

My experience endeared me to my hosts and the Inn just that much more- I arrived one day early to Marigot Bay to provide as much shelter from Hurricane Dean. Normand and Louise were very accomodating. In fact, knowing that I was a solo traveler, they took steps to ensure that I felt safe during the storm and placed me in a room near their personal quarters in case I needed anything throughout the night. Myself and two other couples endured the storm right along with our hosts and it ended up being quite enjoyable. I felt safe and secure and couldn't imagine being anywhere else for my first hurricane.

You won't be disappointed as I think this is the best value and best lodging option on the island.

• Liked — What wasn't there to like? Great hosts, great rooms, beautiful location, good dining nearby
  • Disliked — Located in an upscale bay, so the dining was a bit more expensive
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
4 Thank Girlski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2007

Inn on the Bay will forever be in my memories. I visited for the 1st time 3years ago. It was just phenomenal. Norman an Louise definitely make this place sing. All your wants and needs are attended to with great enthusiam. The views are breathtaking. I hate to sound like a infomercial but this place is the one of best experiences I ever had.
It was so nice I just recently got Married right there. Again my expectations were exceeded. The process was seamless thanks to Normand and Louise. I am already planning my next trip to St. Lucia and Inn on the Bay is the only one on my list of places to stay. If you hate nature, you will hate this place. If you have a taste for adventure and pampering, you will love it.

• Liked — the property owners and the location
  • Disliked — I liked it all!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed 31 May 2007

Needing to "get away" for a few days, we started a last minute online search for a vacation in St. Lucia, West Indies. Upon searching the St. Lucia website, we stumbled upon what we consider one of the island's best-kept secrets. At the risk of exposing our find, we feel compelled to share it with the Trip Advisor. The Inn at Marigot Bay, hosted by our new friends Norman and Louisa, is a retreat that offers beauty, hospitality, congeniality, and fine service; all of this situated at the most picturesque setting on the island, the high cliff overlooking the entrance to Marigot Bay. From this vantage point, one can have a view of the Bay itself on the poolside, or the sunset skyline of the Caribbean Sea on the opposite side of the building. Its 5 guest rooms offer the intimacy necessary for a peaceful respite or the capacity to host a wonderful small wedding. We heartily recommend this "escape" to all! S&T, Atlanta, GA

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank AtlantaSandT
Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2007

The Inn on the Bay is a wonderful place to get away to. My husband and I really wanted a place that was quiet and peaceful. Normand and Louise made us feel like we were family and made sure that we had everything we needed. We had breakfast on the deck overlooking the ocean every morning. Louise made sure we had such lovely things to eat and Normands coffee was superb. Normand was always very helpful in planning and securing our excursions and he never hesistated in taking us to town for our evening meals. Thanks Normand and Louise for making our trip a dream come true

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank KandMinTexas
Minneapolis
Reviewed 14 May 2007

As Spring has finally arrived in Minnesota it makes it easier not to long for our Marigot Bay home. St. Lucia has always been at the top of my list as a perfect Caribbean destination. The Inn was wonderful. It is the perfect location, close to all the places we wanted to see and private enough to feel like home.

We hiked in the rainforest, snorkled at Ti Kaye, Anse Chastanet, Soufriere and our favorite Jalousie. We sailed to the Pitons, went deep sea fishing, and enjoyed traveling by car, water taxi or taxi. All these great adventures were assisted by Normand. He makes exploring his island easy and very relaxed and enjoyable. Thanks so much Normand & Louise for your friendship! We also enjoyed meeting new friends from Wales, Scotland & Atlanta. I hope to share a Piton with you again one day....if there are any Pitons left on the island after we left! We will bring the wine for Normand & Louise....merci

• Liked — Personal attention from hosts
  • Disliked — somtimes it rained, it was a warm rain however
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clipper1
charlotte nc
Reviewed 11 May 2007

Outstanding stay at the wonderful INN on the Bay at Marigot Bay, St Lucia, with Normand and Louise as host and hostess. Our trip was a "sampler" in that we spent 14 days on the island and stayed at 4 places (2 Inns, 1 villa, and 1 plantation hotel). We traversed the island from top to bottom and east to west and snorkelled in every cove we could get to by car, boat or bus. We can honestly say that our stay at the INN was the highlight of our trip. Normand and Louise seem to anticipate what you need or want to do before you do. They provided free transportation all over the bay at any time we needed it. We walked down the steps to the bay and found a wonderful sea fan coral forest around the bend around the point for very nice snorkelling, also a school of squid resides there. We took breakfast overlooking Marigot 1/2 the time looking northeast and then the other times, overlooking southwest under the bouganvillea. Lovely. The changing vistas of sailboats, catamarans, yachts and smaller boats coming in and out of the bay made the view facinating. The walks around Marigot Oasis and Discovery Bay were always interesting. The French bakery in the village was pristine and friendly and we bought bread and sweets there daily. Normand arranged for Jean, the water taxis man, to take us and another couple down the coast on an all day trip for swimming and snorkelling at Jalousy Beach, Soufirere, Anse Chastenet and Anse Chocon. We spent an hour or so at each place, a trip to be remembered always. Jean stopped the boat out in the caribbean so we could get our great picture of us with the signature Pitons in the background. Well, back to the Inn, to say that we loved being up high on the hill so that the breezes could caress our bodies at night, under a sheet only, with bliss and pleasure. The temperatures were perfect and my wife, being a mosquito magnet in the States, never saw one during our stay, a fact that she appreciates a lot. And, having stayed at 3 other places (east coast, Rodney Bay villa, and a plantation overlooking the Pitons) we can say again that the Inn was our favorite. Much thanks to Normand and Louise, and, yes, it is true what others told us before we went, that Normand's sense of humor gets your smile going all the time. Thanks, Jack and Gina, Charlotte, NC.

• Liked — Hosts and view and room and food
  • Disliked — our stay was too short
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jack_gina
Swansea, Wales
Reviewed 20 April 2007

We had high expectations after reading previous guests reviews, but from the moment when Normand greeted us from the taxi to the time some twelve days later when Louise waved us goodbye these expectations were surpassed.The Inn On The Bay has wonderful views from both patios and cooling breezes that make a comfortable nights sleep without the problems that air conditioning bring. As the inn has five guest rooms we soon met the other guests, all of whom were friendly and good company.There were a number of days where we had the pool and patios to ourselves.It was like having our own private, luxury villa.
Normand and Louise were perfect hosts, always on hand to give lifts to the bay and back,organise trips for us at short notice or provide us with information about this beautiful island without ever being intrusive. We miss the wonderful breakfast on the patio with fresh fruit and Louise's delicious fresh muffins

• Liked — Views, hospitality, relaxation
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to The Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!