“Lovely ambiance, but lacking quality”

J J's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Marigot Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Perhaps I ordered incorrectly, but my steak was chewy and not well-prepared. My husband's fish was ok. Set on a dock-like property right on Marigot Bay so excellent views, but not the best food. Lovely service though! There were some party boats docked right by the restaurant and the people were loud, so if you want a quiet dinner, might want to check if they are there.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We were one of the frist customers and everything was great till it began to fill up. I observed the hostess was also waitress, bartender and cashier while occ another gentleman would appear to assist with serving. Way too many customers for the staff. Maybe someone was ill? By the time we were ready for desert it was booming. Took 20 min. to get a slice of pie.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Great views from restaurant, food was good and friendly staff

Reviewed 15 January 2012

snapper and lambi was superb nice wine selection
local music live

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I am suprised that at the time of writing this place is bottom of the Marigot bay list, as for us it was the best !!
I had really juicy & well seasoned chicken for main, with "cristofin" which I had never eaten before, whilst the vegetable itself is nothing much it had been done with grating topping.
the Mr Wife, had a 3 course deal which cost about the same as mains at the other restaurants here, starter & dessert forgettable - though they made us laugh, but his main was generous with well seasoned fish, chicken & prawn.
great service, with chatty informative staff.
& of course you get the ubiquitous view & mangrove setting...