We were looking for a relaxing break with sunshine & nearby amenities without the hassle of the more built up resorts. Marigot Palms hits the spot. From the moment we were picked up at the airport to our return the manager, Cyrus, provided a friendly, attentive but also 'low key' manager/driver/tour guide. The furniture in the home was of a very high standard and the kitchen was fitted with all we needed and more. Could possibly have done with a bit more wardrobe space in the bedroom.
The view of the bay from the property is to die for, the marina is about 5 minutes walk downhill but about 15 coming back! - possibly not suitable for older or less agile guests, although Cyrus can arrange lifts & there are taxis for when he's not around.
There are 4 or 5 restaurants around the bay and the food was always of the highest standard and reasonably priced for the quality served.
Hard to pick any real faults, however:
1. The sunloungers are no longer as per the website/owners photos.They are now the standard hard plastic type with no cushions. Certainly not comfortable and not in character with the property.
2. Parasols are past their best and need to be replaced
3. Cyrus needs to be more punctual - waiting to be picked up by him was a bit stressful at times. But he does make up for this with his friendliness
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MARIGOT PALMS Luxury Caribbean Guesthouse and Apartment Suites is a small private resort, located on the exclusive South side of the Bay, known locally as "Millionaire Row", overlooking the most beautiful bay in the Caribbean. It is the perfect accommodation if you are looking for a luxury vacation in your own little piece of paradise. MARIGOT PALMS is perfectly positioned less than 5 minutes walk to the beach, water sports,and local amenities. Our apartments and B&B suite are the perfect indulgent getaway for families and couples alike. Experience the many fine waterfront restaurants and bars while watching the "Green Flash Sunset". MARIGOT PALMS sits in its own private grounds with stunning ocean views. The garden has a fantastic swimming pool, "one of the finest in Marigot". The grass lawn is surrounded by palm trees, fruit trees & plants. Our 3 luxury fully air conditioned self contained apartment suites and B&B suite, come highly equipped with all modern conveniences, carved four poster Queen Anne beds and furniture, leather sofa`s, walk-in showers with rainforest heads, polished porcelain floor tiles, full kitchen, on site management, quality linen, and much more.Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy MARIGOT PALMS. It's the ideal place to while away your days enjoying the breath taking views and the beautiful Caribbean weather, sunning yourself by the pool or the beach, and your evenings enjoying the nightlife in Marigot Bay Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Marigot Palms Luxury Caribbean Guesthouse and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.