We traveled with 3 other couples to St. Lucia, so a total of 8 adults. Overall, everyone was incredibly happy and pleased with the trip and thoroughly enjoyed the villa and view of Marigot Bay. The pool was huge with a deck view that was unmatched, and plenty of deck chairs, pool toys, etc. The villa is very well equipped, plenty of beach towels, etc. The 4 bedrooms we used all had ensuite baths, perfect for our needs, all 4 with Bay views. Just amazing! We were there in low season, so very uncrowded everywhere we went, but fairly windy most of the week with rain several days as well.
Pauline (villa manager) was delightful and gave us all the information we needed to settle in that first day. I spoke to her almost daily to set up excursions or ask her opinion about certain things. She was most helpful and accommodating. Cornelius was a wonderful resource as well. Very helpful if there was an issue at the house, or anything else. We took 2 trips with him on his boat. One down south for snorkeling, lunch, beaches, etc. and another day up North to Castries, Rodney Bay, etc. His rates were very reasonable and he was informative and delightful to spend the days with on his boat.
We did not rent a car, but hired Moses (Pauline arranged thru Chris) for our airport transfers and for a full day up North to Castries, Rodney Bay, the Fort, and a wonderful fish fry. Again, very reasonabily priced for the entire day, and not having to figure out where you're going on a map was wonderful. Driving on St. Lucia was not conducive to relaxing and looked to be difficult and a bit dangerous in our opinion, if you're not familiar with right side steering wheel and driving on the left side of the road. The villa is perched on a very steep road incline, so walking back up to the Villa is great exercise from the Bay.
Our boat transport thru Cornelius worked wonderfully for a trip down South to see the Pitons, snorkel, beaches, lunch, etc. We took our own snorkel gear (Thanks Chris) because snorkel gear isn't readily available to rent for the week. Snorkeling was awesome at the 2 marine reserves Cornelius took us to.
Such a great trip! I hope we can go to St. Lucia again and would love to stay at your Villa.
Submitted Jul 9, 2018
We had a wonderful stay at Villa Bo Lanme. The views over the bay are fantastic, the villa is spacious, with a well equipped kitchen, and we enjoyed playing table tennis in the games room.
It's the first place in the Caribbean we have been to and not needed the air conditioning on, which was really nice. All we had to do was open the windows and let the breeze waft through the screening, which stops the mossies coming in.
Chris was extremely helpful and informative before our stay, and Pauline and Cornelius were great during our stay. We went on a private sunset cruise with Cornelius in his boat, which was very enjoyable.
All in all we would highly recommend the villa.
Villa Bo Lanme is exactly as advertized, only better! Everything is superb! The villa is so spacious, light and airy. The home is in pristine condition with lovely island decor .The kitchen is equipped with everything you could possibly need. We were a family of twelve, eight adults and four children and were very comfortable. The game room was a plus for the children and we all loved the pool area overlooking Marigot Bay. The view is spectacular, we spent a lot of time just watching the activity in the bay. The villa has easy access to the beach, shops and restaurants in Marigot Bay. It’s a very convenient location to tour the island. We rented a van but also used the taxi service. An interesting highlight was our trip to the Zion Lion Farm (Castaway Tours), a Carib Cuisine Workshop on an underdeveloped beach south of Soufriere.
Chris is super, he forwarded so much information and advice prior to our arrival we knew exactly what to expect. He puts a great deal of effort into ensuring guests at Villa Bo Lamne have the best St Lucia experience. From our taxi driver Moses meeting us at the airport, Pauline and Cornelius welcoming us to the villa and Joel our chef for one evening, the staff is all first class.
Our only regret is we did not have enough time there!
Highly recommend this property and hope to return again.
This is our third consecutive year renting a villa in Marigot Bay, as well as the third time we have rented on Sea View Avenue. This house is easily our favorite.
The villa is meticulously maintained, and ideally situated to provide spectacular views of the harbor and capture the most consistently cooling breezes of any island home we have rented. No need for air conditioning or fans (although both are available), and moreover, the constant breeze insures a "bug free" environment.
The kitchen is well appointed, with an enormous gas range, micro wave, and huge refrigerator (which provides more than enough crushed or cubed ice) together with spacious dining areas both inside and outside on the deck overlooking the harbor. For those who frequently travel to the islands, and dread the constant need to shop for (and lug around) cases of bottled water the owners have installed a filtration system that entirely eliminates that daily burden.
Finally, the owners, together with their property management team (Pauline and Cornelius), were the most comprehensive and accommodating team for hosting our stay of any property we have rented in the past twenty years. From providing recommendations for car-rentals, to "things to do" to arranging in villa banquets (be sure to have Pauline schedule Chef Joel for at least one "Island banquet" during your stay...the best meal you'll have) they were incredibly responsive, courteous, and always available.
Definitely a five star stay!!
Rick & Karen S.
50th birthday! 8 friends stayed here (four Couples). Each of us had a spectacular room, large, clean with huge ensuites. All rooms have access to balcony and views of Marigot Bay, St. Martinique on the one side and all the way to St. Vincent on the other upper balcony. There is still one extra smaller room and a game room for extra people. We used the game room as my girlfriend and mine work out space.
Chris the house owner is fantastic and has a helpful book with tips in the house.
Cornelius and Pauline the house managers were awesome and always just a phone call away. They were extremely helpful and we went out on Cornelius's small boat for a fraction of other tours for the day. He took us snorkeling to Sugar Bay and I believe the Chateau? As well as a stop in Soufriere for lunch.
Marigot is a quite and quaint but still enough fun for us with restaurants and what became our favorite hangout at Chateau Mygo. Best bar around, lively evenings and great food.
We ventured out a lot and would use a local cab to take all 8 of us to Rodney Bay, Soufriere, etc.
Other trips I would advise is beach across from Pigeon Bay for the day, we weren’t there long enough and did not bring our suits as it was raining but when we got to that side it was lovely!!
As a Snorkeler I know we had discussed here are some points for great snorkeling.
· across at Doolittles on calm day, go along man made reef off the dock and keep going, it is amazing.
· Roots I would advise to stay away, we had an amazing lunch but we were bombarded by people selling, and we got way over charged!!!
· we walked down to small cove that is behind the house and a few streets over, quite, has old BBQ’s if you have a car. Good snorkeling, bit more challenging and it was rough the day we were there. If you are a hiker…then you must try the trail right up the hill up to the house….expert advised! Very steep and we popped out just below the house.
· Snorkling was amazing for small fish at Sugar beach worth the stop but very touristy and you are not alone but we would have gone back to the more private beach next time and stay longer.
· we then went with Cornelius over to beach Name? by Chateau?? and it was too rough but good. Would be excellent on a calm day and much more private. No one from the resort asked if we were guests and we had chairs.
· LOVED your Chateaux Mygo and we were regulars by the end. Loved the staff and food, happy hour is a must.
· Fine dining, we only went to Cappella’s and it was 5 star but you pay as well. It was well worth it in the end.
· Local-Soufriere place called Fedo’s we went a different time and like it better than place on water that Cornelius advised. Hard to get to if on foot though.
· Julliettes we did not have a great experience, both ambiance and food was lacking. Two of us had diarrhea the next day and that was the only thing in common was our meals.
· Dukes for Lobster and I had never had grilled Conch which I ate way to0 much and a friend of mine. We were really confused as to lines and where to go, one was fish one for conch. So I think Pauline and Cornelieus know them well. I guess we were to go up to actual restaurant to let them know but we missed that part. Better signing for tourist would help.
· A must is the stop for Kavassa (spelling?) a bread made out of Maniok root (sp?) along side the road up top going out of Marigot. Side road stop and great lesson on how they made the “bread” out of the root, as well as tasted great. If I had found it earlier I would have supplied great business as I am Gluten intolerant and otherwise hard to find alternatives.
· I will refer many a friend and family to this house as it has its own pool as well! For those that are physically challenged the house is on a very steep hill to walk up to and even the driveway stairs are very steep.
This home was as wonderful as pictured and described. The views of the bay and ocean were relaxing. The home can easily comfortably accommodate many more than our group of 8, as it is very spacious. We chose not to get rental cars for our group. The taxi stand at the base of the hill was very convenient, and all the taxis we took could accommodate our entire group of 8. Many in our party agree that the best Indian food we have had was to be found at the base of the hill at Spice of India, Rodney Bay.
Our aim was to relax and unwind, and this villa was the ideal spot. It's a stunning location to spend lazy days watching the world come and go on paddle boards, boats and catamarans in the very picturesque Marigot Bay. The layout of the house is perfect for absorbing the truly breath-taking views from sunrise to sunset.
With just two of us staying we enjoyed the luxury of such a spacious, bright and comfortable house - we particularly loved the huge main bedroom and lovely large walk-in rain shower, the cooling breezes and ceiling fans, the quality appliances and BBQ. Everything that was organised for us from the airport transfers to the meet and greet with Pauline on arrival went perfectly to plan.
Marigot Bay is well located for visiting the island, and we'd recommend car hire for ease of getting out exploring, going to the supermarket and, not least, to avoid the steep walk back to the house from Marigot Bay! (not an option for us due to recent surgery.)
We own and rent our own 5 star holiday rental property, and as such have very high expectations when we travel - if you're heading to St Lucia we'd happily recommend Villa Bo Lanme.