“Made my girlfriends birthday very special”

Rainforest Hideaway
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Marigot Bay
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located on the waterfront in a bay described by American travel writer, James Michenor, as the "most beautiful bay in the Caribbean" - Rainforest blends into the mangroves and has been described in the Wall Steet Journal as one of the most romantic restaurant locations in the world. Serving Sophisticated Caribbean food in a rustic and casual atmosphere - with service and food standards to match any international restaurant - the theme of Rainforest is "Magical Dining in Marigot Bay". Let it be the highlight experience of your St Lucia vacation. Now open every night of the week in High Season and five nights in Summer. Live Jazz on 5 nights - Monday, Wednesday Thursday, Friday and Saturday all year round. Special Taxi arrangements from Rodney Bay - call 286 0511 or 451 4485 for Taxi details
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“Made my girlfriends birthday very special”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for my girlfriends birthday and couldn't of hoped for a more special night. As with the other reviews the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant is amazing. A jazz singer was performing and sang happy birthday to my girlfriend during the staff bringing out a lovely decorated birthday cake. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced. For the same experience in the uk would of cost much more. You can't visit St.Lucia without having a meal here.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Darryl F
JohnVerity, Owner at Rainforest Hideaway, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Darryl F

Many thanks for your very positive and motivational review of your experience at Rainforest. Our recent Travellers Choice Award has raised "the bar of expectations" once again - and we will continue to rise to the challenge...!

Many people celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and honeymoons at Rainforest and we always try and turn those occasions into special memories.

I appreciate your comment on our prices. Too often I have to defend our prices. We are not cheap, but St Lucia is actually a very expensive place to operate, given our dependence on imports. Many people assume it should be cheaper - being a lesser developed country - but that is not the case when the objective is to provide a world class experience.

UK
“Wonderful food wonderful ambiance”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We dined here twice on our months visit to St Lucia. We are well travelled people and we have a chef in the family, the food here was Michelin star standard. Well done to the Manager, chef and staff who were all very pleasant and most accommodating. The Manager is very adept in photography so took pictures for us for which we were most grateful. There was a very good jazz singer on during the nights we visited which gave the place a sense of sophistication. The short ferry ride from the wonderful Marigot Bay made the whole experience even more enjoyable. However all of this comes at a price, but why not when you are on holiday and value an excellent dining experience in a romantic setting. Just go and you will see what this is all about and I promise you it will be worth the experience.

• Visited October 2013
JohnVerity, Owner at Rainforest Hideaway, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear SWFUk

I cannot tell you how pleased and excited we are today - as publication of your review coincided with the announcement by TripAdvisor that Rainforest has been given a "Travellers Choice" award - listing it as One of the Top Ten Fine Dining Restaurants in the Caribbean for 2013..!

As the only St Lucian restaurant to be listed in the top ten - we sit with such exalted company as The Cliff in Barbados, L'Estaminet in St Martin, Oceana in St Thomas and Windows on Aruba.

Unfortunately Michelin do not review Caribbean restaurants - which is why our founding Chef, Jim Verity, is now back in the UK working hard for his first Michelin Star - but this award - and your review - show that the present team is really doing its bit in his absence...!

Thank you for dining with us and for your very positive and motivational review.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing, AMAZING Meal”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This restaurant is a must for anyone visiting the island. The staff was incredible, the food was very good and the setting was unique. As a vegetarian, I had a hard time finding food to eat while in Saint Lucia which is something I expect when traveling abroad. When I asked my server if the meal I ordered was vegetarian, she gave me a run through of everything off the menu that I could eat and then asked the manager to make a special appetizer for me to enjoy since there was none on the menu for me. As I have been a vegetarian my whole life, I have never expected this level of accommodation and was blown away with how above and beyond they went to make sure I had an enjoyable meal. There was a bad storm that rolled in while we were at the restaurant and it somehow made the experience that much more enjoyable and unique.

Definitely worth a visit!!

• Visited October 2013
JohnVerity, Manager at Rainforest Hideaway, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Monicagershwin

Many thanks for your review of Rainforest. I am very pleased to hear that the staff worked hard to meet your special vegetarian dietary requirements. We always have a vegetarian main dish - at present a tortelini stuffed with mushrooms - but the Chef is always ready to prepare an alternative if this is not acceptable.

I was surprised that you were not able to select from the starter menu - as both the spiced coconut and pumpkin soup and the Caesar salad are suitable for vegetarians. Again the Chef appears to have come to the rescue.....

I hope you got to the deserts - they are all vegetarian and I am assured contain no calories......

Many thanks for your enthusiastic review

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice evening out”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant after reading good reviews on trip advisor. It was very straight forward, with no problems at all. Emailing me with instructions on how to get across the bay to the restaurant.
Our table was booked for 6.30pm and we had time for a drink before being seated at our table. The location is wonderful and our table was right on the waters edge.
The staff were very friendly and the live jazz was very good.
Both my husband and I felt the food was ok, but a little overpriced. Some items on the menu had supplements , one of them being 5 shrimps on a small mound of risotto , which was slightly overlooked . That said, we had a nice evening but not sure if we would return.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pompeychic1
JohnVerity, Owner at Rainforest Hideaway, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Pompeychic1

Thanks for your review of your experience at Rainforest.

We expect to be judged on our ambiance, service and food - and it seems in your case we satisfied you with the first two - but not the food. I am very sorry if the food fell below the standard you expected. Every kitchen has an off-moment - and I have already followed-up with the Chef in respect of the risotto.

In the main, our dishes are not large - but have intense flavours. Our object is to get diners to experience a wide variety of flavours - including the complimentary bruschetta and amuse bouche - rather than overdose on any one flavour. The current chili and lemon grass infused shrimp with herb and garlic Caribbean risotto and ginger sauce - is a good example of these distinctive flavours - and is my personal favourite item on the current menu.

We appreciate your feedback

“A 'must do' in Marigot”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great location. Very friendly welcome. Live jazz and lovely food. Slightly expensive but worth it. We would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Marigot as a 'must do'.

• Visited October 2013
JohnVerity, Owner at Rainforest Hideaway, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Tesmcc

Thanks for your review of Rainforest. It is an accurate summary and highlights every reason to dine at Rainforest.