“Im glad work payed for this stay.”

Raccoon Lodge Motel
Raccoon Lodge Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Sylvan Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Ive been working off and on for the last 6 months in sylvan lake staying at a different hotel. this trip i got booked to stay here. on check in, and after paying, i get told my room is a smoking room, great. walls are paper thin, which meant i got to listen to my neighbours tv all night. curtain on window doesnt block much light, which made it hard to get to sleep. everything else was grubby. BUT the location is great. Ill make it a point not to stay here again, or anyone else in my company.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank oderusurungus

Reviewed 16 September 2013

it was clean and a place to sleep, bathroom not very clean, I could shower but not enough water pressure to wash my hair, bring shower shoes. this is a motel, so dont expect much, it was across the street the beach, couldnt get much better, Im not picky so I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Max922
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

We did not get the room I reserved ahead of time on the phone. We did get a kitchenette. In it none of the 4 glasses matched. I pulled back the covers to tuck in my 9 yr old daughter and saw a ribbed condom - luckily still in its wrapper!!!
No plug for the bathtub. Overall revolting!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank WanderLost_2012
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I went there with my family and my daughter in law's family we had two rooms at the end on the main floor.It was so close to the beach,walk across the street and did not have to worry about them going back and forth for their water balloons .I really enjoyed waking up going across the street with my coffee and just reading my book....Jason and his parents were very accommodating if a problem came up .We bought pizza and thought we had a oven and they cooked our pizza for us ,the kids were very excited about it ! I will recommend this place for familes and peace of mind.They trully take care of their guests .Thank you again Jason and your parents for making it enjoyable experience for me and my family.I will be back next year .

Room Tip: I like the main floor in the corner closest to the beach for a family .There was one door and you go...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Tanthai
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed August long weekend. Not sure if they jacked up the price but we paid $136 after taxes. They forced me to pay upfront $100 for a security deposit, they didn't just swipe a copy of my credit card, they actually made me pay it, i've never every had to do that at any other hotels/motels. I explained that this is out of the norm but it did no good.
There were three of us and they only provided 2 towels. When we asked for more, the house keeping lady gave my nephew who answered the door heck, stating "you have towels in there!".
They allowed children to run all along the outdoor hallways and people to party outside their rooms without saying anything. Not a normal party, a party where music was blasting and people were dancing in the rooms and in the hallways, along with driving in the hallways. Totally unacceptable.
There is a mini kitchette which is cool but sign says "wash your own dishes or you get charged $10"... We used a coffee mug and it was washed so r you could see the old drink stains. Gross.
The room is extremely outdated and carpets have stains everywhere, but appeared clean. They provide the worst conditioning shampoo packets that have only enough for one person and leave your hair feeling like steel wool- bring your own!!! When we called front desk and asked for two more packets, they asked if we could come get them... Really?! Never r my life have I been asked to get anything from any hotel/motel. I refused and they eventually brought it up.
I would only ever stay here is it was $80 a night or under, totally not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank AmberP32
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed in the main floor cabins. Very small room & set up isnt ideal. TV was way up in corner & hard to see. Kitchen was ok, small fridge, 2 burners & no real table, only 1 chair, 1 stool. Employees are super friendly and the location is great. Not new or updated but didn't have to worry about kids tracking in sand. Would stay here again for sure but would request a #100 room.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Danamarie023
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We loved the location, and the cabin-like feel of the rooms we rented, and the manager was nice. The rug was old and was dirty, but we didn't mind that, as it saved us feeling like we couldn't track our kids in and out from the beach. BUT-- the towels were ancient and hard, and as my daughter said of her single room-- "the mattress felt like cardboard, and the pillow like a diaper"!

In our family-sized room, two of the beds were horrid, the other two were really great. The linen was very clean, but had holes in it, and the coverlet had cigarette burns. A small investment in new linen and replacing a few of these ancient saggy matresses would make this a great little place!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the comfortable beds in them, and linen without holes!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family