“Very pleased!! Enjoyed our stay very much”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lost Harbour Inn

Lost Harbour Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sylvan Lake
Saint Albert, Alberta, Canada
“Very pleased!! Enjoyed our stay very much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This place was great! The staff that I dealt and talked with during our 3 1/2 day stay were absolutely a pleasure!! This was my 2 kids & my 1st real get away holiday. Given the location I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Some reviews mentioned that the place is dated, but if they took the time to talk to the staff, they would have heard that the current owners just took over and have several plans in place to spruce it up. I wasn't looking for the MGM Grande, but rather a clean, quiet and safe place (not a party place) and this was the perfect place/location!!!!
Thank you so much for a memorable, friendly place!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We made a last minute reservation through bookings.com. The price seemed affordable so we thought why not. Check-in was easy and fast. Room and hotel were old and dated but the room was clean. Due to the dated décor, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ammorrison
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed Sat July 19. We were in town to meet up with her relatives for a nice day at the lake. The weather did not cooperate with us so we ended up spending more time at the hotel than we otherwise would and were pleasantly surprised. Sylvan Lake is a booming town during the summer months and we have stayed at other hotels and rented properties for a week at a time in previous years and have found that most places are absolute slums who's owners take advantage of the fact that it's very difficult to find a place to stay and let their properties run down horribly while charging you an arm and a leg. TripAdvisor only has 5 hotels listed in Sylvan lake but there are many more. The Lost Harbour would be much higher rated if/when other hotels are included. They charges a reasonable rate and from what I see are gradually renovating the property during the off-season to keep it nice. We booked online and our check-in was smooth. We stayed in one of the loft rooms. It was clean. Everything worked well except the floor fan in the loft that functioned but produced little breeze. No issues with noise. We could have used a couple of extra pillows but didn't bother asking since we were only there one night. I'm sure it would have been accommodated. The continental breakfast was very nice. There's a quaint coffee shop right across the street that offers a nice hot breakfast if you like. It's a short walk to the beach (5 minutes.)
Probably the best thing about the hotel was the staff. Everyone was cordial, professional, friendly and helpful. Hopefully, the renovations continue and it's not fully booked the next time we need to stay. From our perspective, The Lost Harbour has been found.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian C
saskatoon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This place was disgusting. There was a blood splatter all over the bathroom wall and bathroom sol door. We stayed in the jacuzzi room and the jacuzzi looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Front desk man said he was only going to charge 250$ on the credit card for a deposit but he charged 500$ and it took hours to be put back into our account. When we talked to management the next morning about the dirty room he said he couldn't do anything but give us a 20$ gift certificate. Overall it was a very terrible stay would not stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
9 Thank carman1546
Howard G, Owner at Lost Harbour Inn, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I was waiting for this review. Our hotel requires a valid credit card to stay. A prepaid credit card is not a valid credit card. If you would have had a true credit card, no deposit would be required. The $500.00 damage deposit is and was told to you at check-in. We have to protect these rooms for any damages that might occur. Your deposit was released after housekeeping cleared the room. It was your credit card company that held the refund because it is not a real credit card, it is a prepaid one. One of your towels had blood on it at checkout and was reported to us. We were able to clean the towel with no charge for damages to you. I did present you the $20.00 gift certificate that you had no problem using for a nice breakfast. When you returned, I did not bring up the towel issue because we knew it could come clean and informed you both that the refund was processed. Then you called and threatened that you will post a negative review if I did not make it happen faster. I do regret providing you the gesture of the gift certificate as I thought it might have been an error on our part, but it was not and I did not make a big stink about the blood on the towel. Also you will not be able to stay with us again as you have been blacklisted in our system.

Travellers are raving about these Sylvan Lake hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent the weekend at the inn and it was wonderful.The rooms are super clean and big, the continental breakfast was also great. Friendly staff willing to help with anything. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi suit was amazing.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lia S
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is dated and a bit of a walk from all the action. Very poor sound barrier and the staff made it very clear that there was no loud parties allowed. I found the sign sufficient and did not think it was necessary for them to verbally tell us the second we walked in the door before even saying hello. The air conditioner was loud and we couldn't get it to stop blowing. The staff was friendly enough but after reading all the responses to other reviews I can see that the management or whoever is responding to these reviews is quite immature and because of that fact alone I wouldn't return. For others I wouldn't only suggest staying here if its a short one night stay and you aren't looking for anything fancy...or comfortable

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank bunitizzle
Howard G, Owner at Lost Harbour Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thanks for the review. If my staff did not say hello, I apologize for that. Not sure on the dated and sound barrier issue. The AC has a power button on the front and if you needed help turning it off, you should have called the front desk for help. Yes, we do make it clear to guest like yourself that we are not a party hotel and yes sometimes we have to remind guests many times as the night goes on. Our hotel has workers, families and young guests staying with us. They rented a hotel room to sleep in after coming back from the bars or a long day at the beach. Our hotel is located next to the Marina, Waterslides, Go-Carts and Mini Golf, SLG&CC Golf Course, Restaurants, and Shops. I guess it depends what you are looking for. Sorry if you do not return. If you look at my other replies, it states who is replying. There are always two sides to every story and review. If my staff or hotel room deserved a low review, I would apologize and correct the problem with the room or my staff member. I am not going to sugar coat my replies and “I tell it how it is”.
Slave Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed with my daughter for 2 nights the week of August 12th. The Front Desk staff were more than helpful, very pleasant to deal with, taking the time to answer any questions we may have had. The Hotel was quiet when we were there. The room was very clean, the beds comfy. Asked for a room over looking the lake, and our request was granted. All the staff we encountered were very polite and awesome to deal with. Would recommend this hidden jewel of a Hotel to family and friends. Thank you for making our stay an excellent one !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Howard G, Owner at Lost Harbour Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for the honest review. It is nice to have a guest post a true review of their stay. We have been working hard to bring this hotel back to what it used to be. I will be happy to pass this review on to my staff to read. They will very much appreciate your review as they work hard to please our guests and our housekeepers take pride in keeping our rooms clean for each and every guest. It was nice having you stay and we hope to see you soon.