“The best food in Cannigione”

Ristorante La Sciumara
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Cannigione
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Having eaten in most of the top 10 Trip advisor restaurants in Cannigione we decided this was the best overall. Busy, with queues waiting for tables after 8.30. A little more expensive than the other local restaurants but justified by the food, and the presentation. I had the raw fish dish as a starter, it consisted of tuna, salmon, three types of prawn, langoustines and several types of delicious fruit, my wife had grilled octopus, we followed that with mixed grilled fish and a whole grilled fish. Great bottle of local Vermentino. If you like fish, you must try this spot.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious. We had the tuna tartar and grilled veggies with honey as a starter. A very nice surprise for a starter. As a main course we all had pizza. I had the vegetarian pizza with grilled veggies en mozzarella, a pizza Calzone for my boyfriend, a pizza with 4 cheeses for my mom and a pizza with ham, mushrooms and cheese for my dad. As a desert my mom and i had lemon sorbet and my boyfriend and my dad had the cheesecake. Our table was a bit distant from the restaurant, we were placed in a corner outside. I would recommend to reserve a table because it gets really crowded after 8 pm.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The food was very good, unfortunately the boss is doing the wrong job, he tried to make us pay 30$ more and when I said that there was something wrong in the receipt he started to argue and say that I was telling BULLS*** it’s the first time that I see someone talking like this to a costumer. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

3  Thank Andrea V
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Unfortunately this place is only good for pizzas, they were decent but the typical Sardinian dish I received was very poor, I was given a crab carcass with no meat on, it was missing the body of the crab, I only received the legs, which for the price I was paying was a bit of a joke. The pasta tasted like it was from frozen, it was very disappointing and bland. Also local families around us were served their food before us after we had been there longer, my husband had to wait ten minutes without his food after I was given mine. It was the only bad meal of our holiday. The staff were also disinterested.

Disappointing place after reading previous reviews - no views either.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Very simple place, not a place with a view, but the food is amazing! Very very good pizza and really good salad as well. It gets packed so call before going there. The food around us looked really good as well. Very friendly staff too.

1  Thank kmiqdadi