What a find ... and an oasis of calm after Honfleur and Deauville crowds.
The gardens were in full spring bloom and were fabulous.
We were there for 3 nights in suite 17, upstairs in the separate small building (wonderful rustic architecture) and it was large, comfortable and well equipped with a separate sitting room, which worked well in keeping us free from our 2 dogs for sleeping arrangements.
Bed was large and comfortable with great pillows and good linens.
Wifi worked well throughout hotel and in rooms, and is free (a pet peeve of mine is hotels who charge for this).
Staff were excellent and always ready to help, even giving us access to their fridges for storing our dog-food.
We had dinner in the restaurant on our first night and it was excellent ... I highly recommend it. Fresh local produce, cooked with skill and well presented, with a good wine selection.
Breakfast buffets were very good and varied enough to more than meet our needs.
We loved the hotel, and would not stay anywhere else in the area.
I would include it in our 10 favourite hotels globally along with the Lowell in New York and L'Angleterre in Geneva (both 5*+) and it would one of the most charming 4* I have stayed in.
Our stay was so pleasant that I even forgave them the hand-held shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the charming city of Honfleur, this beautiful brick house welcomes you for an authentic and relaxing stay. This hotel is a real peaceful heaven where you can enjoy the nature around, perfect for persons who love charm and sweetness. The restaurant features delicious and authentic bistro fare. Its all new care cabin completes the rustic charm of the place. The 15 rooms and suites offer a moment of relaxation in an amazing wooded park. You will live a moment of sweetness thanks to the rooms in a warm setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HRS, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Auberge de la Source - Hotel de Charme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De La Source Hotel Barneville-La-Bertran
- Auberge De La Source Honfleur
- Auberge De La Source - Hotel De Charme Honfleur, Normandy