My husband and I stayed at Airds a few times when it belonged to the previous owners and this summer was the first time we had been back. First of all we will definately be going back again! Airds is a small hotel and located in Port Appin overlooking Loch Linnhe, the views are amazing and my goodness we had forgotten how beautiful this area was!
This was our Summer holiday and we had our two children with us so we booked the cottage beside the hotel which has a kitchen, living area and two bedrooms. It is right next door to the hotel and we could use the hotel whenever we liked although we didn't need to use it much as we were so lucky with the weather. The food and service at Airds is impeccable, at breakfast, lunch and dinner and every meal feels like such an occasion and the food is some of the best we have ever had, anywhere and so well presented. They made lovely dinners for our youngest child to have early evening and the eldest (12) ate with us. If you go to Airds please go for walks, go on a horse ride (local stables) hire the electric bikes (really funny as we had our dog with us and he could sit on the bike rather than get puffed out trying to keep up with us), take the ferry over to the Island of Lismore, take a boat trip, we saw seals and porpoises and craned our necks to try to see the resident eagle nearby but he must have been hiding - Next time!
From what I remember of the hotel rooms at Airds, they were beautifully decorated, fairly traditional and used Frette bedlinen (best ever). The rooms in the cottage were lovely and a good size for us. Please if you are looking at this review, you must be thinking of going, please do you will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury boutique hotel in the romantic setting of the west coast of Scotland, is where personal service, luxury and a gourmet dining experience are the very essence of all that is great about a visit to this exclusive retreat. Whether you come for the beautiful views, fantastic seafood or romantic setting in luxurious surroundings you will not be disappointed.The atmosphere created is one of relaxed elegance where friendly staff are attentive & efficient yet not too formal. Our 11 bedrooms and suites are all uniquely designed to soothe your mind before enjoying a gourmet dinner in our romantic restaurant.Whether you are looking for something intimate and elegant or something a little more grand we have a bedroom to suit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Airds Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airds Hotel And Restaurant
- Airds Hotel Appin
- Airds Hotel & Restaurant Port Appin, Scotland