This was my fourth visit to the Airds Hotel and once again a treat for all the senses.
I was welcomed by Pawel and shown to my room. A charming Superior room overlooking Loch Linnhe to the Morvern mountains beyond.
I relaxed in my room and waited in anticipation for my dinner which consisted of scallops with a celeriac puree, wild sea bass with braised fennel, pickled potatoes and hazelnut sponge with chocolate and clementine - outstanding combination of flavours in each of the courses, with the accompaniments lifting each of the main parts of the dish and this allows you gain an insight into the very competent kitchen team that are leading the dining experience behind the scenes.
The front of house team was lead by Graham and supported by another 2 waiters from Hungary - consummate professionals lead this gem of an establishment in a relaxed but professional manner - which is what makes a trip to the Airds so refreshing in a world that is so busy and so often overbearing.
You get a real sense of the priority of the owners, in the way that the team has been assembled and how the establishment so effortlessly runs, but the enormous effort that goes in behind the scenes to make this work so perfectly for all the guests who have the privilege to stay in this award winning property, in an outstanding area of the West Coast of Scotland.
I would place a trip to the Airds hotel on your must do list and take full advantage of the service they offer and their location.
I am already looking forward to my return trip in 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury boutique hotel in the romantic setting of the west coast of Scotland, is where personal service, luxury and a gourmet dining experience are the very essence of all that is great about a visit to this exclusive retreat. Whether you come for the beautiful views, fantastic seafood or romantic setting in luxurious surroundings you will not be disappointed.The atmosphere created is one of relaxed elegance where friendly staff are attentive & efficient yet not too formal. Our 11 bedrooms and suites are all uniquely designed to soothe your mind before enjoying a gourmet dinner in our romantic restaurant.Whether you are looking for something intimate and elegant or something a little more grand we have a bedroom to suit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Airds Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Airds Hotel And Restaurant
- Airds Hotel Appin
- Airds Hotel & Restaurant Port Appin, Scotland