We went as a family today for lunch, a group of 6 adults and 2 children so there was plenty of chance to sample a selection of the menu.
The scallops with Stornaway black pudding was delicious. I unfortunately did not order this, I had the salmon starter, which was nice although the hot smoked salmon was slightly dry.
The seafood platter for main was huge! The muscles had an interesting smoked flavour, slightly too strong, but overall a nice main.
We will be coming back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views to the islands of Lismore and Mull, our intimate twelve bedroom hotel, bar and renowned seafood restaurant has won a fast-growing reputation as one of Argyll's most idyllic and romantic destinations. We pride ourselves on the freshness & quality of our seafood and local meats, sourcing most of our food locally. We strive to offer our guests something different - a personal and relaxed family atmosphere, stunning location and deliciously fresh food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pierhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierhouse Hotel Seafood
- The Pierhouse Hotel Port Appin, Scotland