The drive down to the hotel is via a long shoreline road with lovely views of the Loch and Castle Stalker. Lots of cars on the side of the road, but we managed to park in the hotel car park. We were met by Nick and shown to a lovely king size room with views over the pier and loch. We had eaten here previously and knew this place was good. On this occasion my wife was struggling to find something she wanted to eat, though it may have been possible to select from the day time menu as well as the evening one. My wife selected crab balls and mini fish cakes as the starter. The crab balls were excellent and full of flavour whilst the mini fish cakes were so small they were all crust and little inside, which took away from the flavour. I had the mussels and Inverary smoked salmon in white wine and cream, which was every bit as good as I remembered it from last time a year ago. My wife had the same as her main course and equally enjoyed it. I pushed the boat out and had a whole lobster which was devine. Service is excellent and relaxed. We took the opportunity for a stroll down the pier before returning for a cheese course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views to the islands of Lismore and Mull, our intimate twelve bedroom hotel, bar and renowned seafood restaurant has won a fast-growing reputation as one of Argyll's most idyllic and romantic destinations. We pride ourselves on the freshness & quality of our seafood and local meats, sourcing most of our food locally. We strive to offer our guests something different - a personal and relaxed family atmosphere, stunning location and deliciously fresh food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pierhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierhouse Hotel Seafood
- The Pierhouse Hotel Port Appin, Scotland