“Fantastic Stay.”
Review of Edmon House

Edmon House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Edmon House
Ranked #9 of 21 Porthcawl B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at Edmon House with Mo and Debbie .
Nothing was too much trouble for them the room was beautiful and everything was provided for our comfort.
They were wonderful hosts and I cannot wait to go back and stay there again.
Thank you for a wonderful welcome Pat and Sue.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt W

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My son and i spent the night at Edmon House and can honestly say its the best we have stayed at.Friendly and spotless with the nicest owners your likely to meet....The room was lovely with the most comfortable bed.We plan to return in the near furture.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank amanda m
Reviewed 1 July 2014

just got to tell everyone about the great b,n,b, we just stayed in.Edmon house in porthcawl,wow it is fantastic.I cant praise it enough,we spent five nights there,and it was like home from home.Debbie and her mum moe were fantastic and could not do enough for us,we have stayed in a lot of bnbs but this was the best.The rooms are really lovely,and we could not fault it,we cant wait to go back.We want to thank debbie and moe for making us feel so at home and we are so glad we got to know you,we cant thank you enough for making our stay so good,we hope to see you both soon.thank you,moe and steve.

Room Tip: all rooms are really great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maureen w
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay at this charming B&B. Edmon house is a one of a kind experience. I stayed there with my husband as we were attending the Elvis festival. Debbie and her mum Mo created a personal touch and made us feel at home instantly. The rooms are clean and tidy, there is a fridge, TV and tea/coffee making facility in the room if needed. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of it. Debbie and Mo were more than happy to chat with us and all their guests and made us feel like friends rather than guests. They are both genuine colourful characters and made our stay very enjoyable. We have already booked for next year and the next time me and my husband fancy a night away Edmon house will be our first call...I truly wish that all b&b's were like this one

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michelle g
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have been staying here for the past 7 years and have become quite at home with this place, Debbie who owns the house is great and full of fun and her mother (the old lady lol!) who lives here with her is possibly more so!!! apart from the singing of course! the rooms are large and spotlessly clean with comfy beds, clean thick towels and lovely en suites, breakfast is served at various times during the morning and is always a treat and she caters for all food types with ease.
This place really has the atmosphere to get you in the holiday mood, weather its a relaxing break or a fun holiday golf etc thats what its all about.
Dogs, as long as well behaved are more welcome than people here !!!which is nice as they really make you and your dog feel at home.

I have stayed here every week at least one to two nights a week for the past 7-8 years and the consistency is superb.

Porthcawl is great place, a small seaside village with friendly people with time to care, no hustle and bustle at all and 30 minutes to Cardiff and the same to Swansea.

Golf courses starting from 5 minutes away.

30 seconds to the seafront

1 minute to the beach

3 minutes from the marine (best) pub!, well if you want the snobby one its 15 seconds!

8 minutes from the fair and beech.

Overall the best place to stay for miles around, i can personally recommend this place and if you don't enjoy your stay then your a victor mildue.

Come try this place and just say Big Daren sent you here for an extra sausage at breakfast!!!honest its the deal!!!

Thanks Debbie and Mo for all the great times you have given me over the years and hope there are plenty more to come in the future..........i love you all with my heart.

Room Tip: Just book and you will get the best place for the night, dont forget big daren!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank darenrb
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I arrived in porthcawl having booked a terrible b&b INITIALLY, as a result I started ringing around other b&b's and Debbie was the only person who answered my call. She told me that I didn't have to stay at my current place if I wasn't happy. She gave me great advice and was too kind. I went there and the room was lovely, I felt like I was at home especially with Debbie and her lovely sister, who treated me so well. I was by myself and not once did I feel alone. They are amazing people. Still can't believe my luck. Yayyy

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Loveaclimb
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Having benefited from Trip Advisor on numerous occasions, I thought it time to give my first review! My girlfriend and I booked three days at Edmon house Porthcawl intending to do some mountain biking in the Afan Forrest and cliff-top walking around the Gower Peninsular over the bank holiday weekend.

We like the personal touches provided by family run local guesthouse in comparison with the soulless homogeny of a Premier Inn / Travel Lodge type experience. Unfortunately every single nice looking guest house in the Mumbles and most in Porthcawl were fully booked several weeks in advance.

There was very little to go on with Edmon house apart from some suspicious looking reviews written by locals! I rang the doorbell on Friday evening with trepidation, but was met with a warm greeting by Debbie, who showed us to room number three, gave us the lowdown on local pubs and restaurants and took our breakfast order.

The room was spotless and beds extremely comfortable. The en suite bathroom was nice and the shower had good pressure, although cycled by a couple of degrees so I learned not to have it too hot to start with! Fine once you got used to it.

The mother and daughter team who run Edmon house, Mo and Debbie are both lovely people who took time to chat about their colourful lives and the local area. In preparation for a long bike ride or big walk, I ate cereal followed by toast and jam, chased down with a full Welsh breakfast every day (complete with sausage, bacon, two free range eggs and black pudding!). This proved too much for Nicola and she requested poached eggs on the last day! I went running on the seafront every morning to build up my appetite! The beds were made up with fresh sheets and room cleaned every day.

If you’re planning a visit to Porthcawl then I would highly recommend Edmon house! If however you’re planning to do some sightseeing in South Wales I would recommend somewhere on the Gower peninsula rather than Porthcawl depending on the reason for your visit as there isn't much to do locally! I could only find two restaurants, Isabella’s and a curry house (can’t remember the name). Isabella’s was closed on the Sunday! The curry place was very good and reasonably priced but the same place would get a bit boring after a few days!

Room Tip: if you like real ale then the hotel opposite and a few doors down is nice!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple