“relaxing”
Review of Olivia House

Olivia House
Ranked #1 of 20 Porthcawl B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2014

we were in porthcawl to watch a show at the Grand Pavillion and stayed here at the Olivia House B& B. we were completly at ease as soon as we walked through the door, the house has a lovely warm welcoming feel making it feel like home. we were in the Kings room with the most comfortable bed we have ever had away from home. the breakfast was delicious and set us up for the day, our host Annette is a lovely warm lady who i bonded with straight away-thanks annette -.will definetly stay here again- absolutly brilliant. Highly recommended.

1  Thank jules631

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife an I needed a place to stay while we were working to settle my mother-in-law's estate. The owner of Olivia house was truly amazing - she took us in and treated us like family. Her warmth and genuine caring made a huge difference to us during a very difficult time. It was also a wonderful place to stay - a beautiful room, comfortable bed, delicious breakfast - all made our stay as enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend and am happy to give the highest possible rating.

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed for two nights visiting relatives. Really pleasant hostess, nothing is too much trouble to meet the needs of the customer. Fantastic rooms (we stayed in the Kings room) and a fantastic breakfast. All in all excellent value! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

After spending a few nights here previously, we thought we would return for a short break with two friends as a treat for them. They had been through a difficult time and it was a surprise gift. We asked for the balcony room for them and they were bowled over not just by the welcome upon arrival but throughout the stay nothing was too much trouble. The room itself was an uplifting experience and after a terrific breakfast they were able to take advantage of a walk along the coastal path which they loved. It truly gave them a chance to recharge and move forward. Thank you Annette you seem to work magic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Have just returned from a 3 night romantic break in Porthcawl. My partner and I were recommended to Olivia House by a friend. What a wonderful choice! I can honestly say that we have never stayed anywhere so welcoming . The owner, Annette did everything to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Nothing was too much trouble. Our room was absolutely superb and decorated in the highest possible taste.We can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We will certainly be back again.

Room Tip: The French room
1  Thank Delphine J
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Searched online for suitable accommodation in Porthcawl for one night. Happened upon Olivia House and very pleased we did so. Annette was most welcoming but also respected our privacy. The facilities and decor were of a high standard as was the plentiful breakfast the following morning. We will definitely book Olivia House if attending any further events in Porthcawl.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 357ElizabethW357
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights when I went down to Wales to visit family. Ended up here by accident when nearby b+b my Dad recommended was full. But was a happy accident! The owner, Annette, was very chatty and friendly on the phone when booking and spontaneously offered me a discount as I was on my own, which I thought was sweet. She was there when I arrived and was very welcoming. The house is huge and amazing. Full of antiques and gorgeous furniture everywhere. I was in the French Room which was uber cute. I had a roll top bath in my bedroom which was fab! Ending my day soaking in the bath with my Kindle and a glass of wine was heavenly! The breakfast was stunning also. Huge and beautifully cooked. I will definitely be returning to Olivia House with my husband and kids next time we visit. A true "one off", characterful bed & breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
Fairways Hotel
#1 of 6 in Porthcawl
Court Colman Manor
Court Colman Manor
#4 of 8 in Bridgend

Been to Olivia House? Share your experiences!