“Just brilliant for the kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Had 4 days at Trecco Bay from 3.6 to 6.6. Had a fantastic time and will book again for a weekend next year. My 2 children aged 5 & 7 totally loved it as did my wife and I.Caravan nice and clean,really good facilities although we chose not to eat on site and made good use of a fabulous chip shop in Porthcawl on 2 nights.Really good pool and slide and the cabaret entertainment was good too.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park

Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have to say if you're thinking of staying at this Parkdean site then you need to reconsider. I have stayed with my family at Parkdean's Sea Acres site in Cornwall and had a fabulous time, all I can say about this experience is I am glad it was only for 3 nights, had it been a week then we would have left early.
To start, the Reception lady who checked us very "quickly" in, could not even raise a smile and it was the most "cold" experience I have ever had at any holiday destination, whether at a B&B or hotel. She took our name and, although we were able to check in early (blessings for small mercies I suppose), he made no effort to welcome us, describe anything, just a quick scribble on the map to where our caravan was.
The caravan had a stain on the sofa from what looked like mouldy sandwich remains whose oily substance seemed to be creeping and growing by the day (could not quite bring myself to scrape it off rather opting not to sit there). The toilet seat was loose and careful balancing was required. The tap in the bathroom sink was leeking and when I accidentally spilt tea on the floor in the kitchen, I was disgusted by the amount of things left on my tissue when getting the tea off the floor (certainly wasn't just my cup of tea) as the tissue was black, litterally. I opted for flip flops in the caravan after that. A brush was provided to get up the bits, but I don't think the cleaning staff own a mop! (On leaving and looking in the cleaning lady's little box of goodies, I certainly didn't spy one).
The site was generally clean itself, no rubbish lying about which considering the amount of people there was a plus point, the problem I had was the amount of Security men around which for a family establishment, I felt was very unnerving. This was then made a mochery off by the fact that the first night we were there, when a sign said "passes must be shown" to enter the Showdome, the Security people on the door couldn't have been the least bit interested on whether we were supposed to be there or just imposters and after rifling about in my handbag to find them, they didn't want to see them at all.
The friendliness shown in the Reception was then carried over to the bar at the Showdome who couldn't russle up a smile to serve you and all just looked like they'd rather be somewhere else (after 3 nights I happen to know how they feel). Ordering a drink was an experience, make sure you take more money than you think you need after the first night, as you can be sure that the next night your drinks will be priced completely differently! on 3 different nights we paid 3 different amounts.
The evening entertainment was ok, we saw a lady perform who we'd seen at the Sea Acres site and so we knew she was good (Carlene Duffy) and another twosome called Honeybelle were good. But an elderly gent performed dressed like Roy Chubby Brown and the type of humour he came out with (albeit it would have passed over the younger children's head like my 6yr olds) did not excape the ability of my 12 yr old to decipher! It was certaionly not appropriate for where he was, in a working men's club would have been far more fitting!
I have to say the beach is lovely and perfect for children, its just a shame that the place lets it down and the food was good too and the swimming pool complex was lovely and the waer was lovely and warm.
It's such a shame the place has potential and could take a leaf out of Sea Acres books, It's all about the money and customer satisfaction comes a very poor last, having said that the Coast bar staff were friendly, something must have been put in their drinks, plus I don't expect friendliness to be an optional extra, suffice as to say, I would not go back to this place if someone else paid me to.. but my kids loved it I just wanted to enjoy the holiday too... or maybe I'm just too picky!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Aitchy1974
Reviewed 5 June 2011

we are a family of 4 my son 13 and my daughter 10 we arrived on Bank Holiday Monday 1 hour early but were able to book in and go to our caravan.we were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and quality of our caravan.after a quick unpack we had a look around and we were again very impressed with the site. had fish and chips for 4 from the onsite chippy for £15 not bad and really enjoyed the entertainment that night in the showdome.slept well no noise big plus.next day went to Margam park and then Porthcawl loads to do.Weather was great next day spent most of the day on the beach as the swimming pool is great for under 10s but not older kids.in all our first park dean holiday was a great success and we will be booking one again in next few years.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank discodai
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed at the Park as part of the Sun Holiday deals. We were really pleasantly suprised. Friendly staff, clean and warm caravan and lovely location on the beach.
We enjoyed it so much we wanted to extend our stay by 2 nights, but we were unable to as they were fully booked. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Stayed in a 2 bed Snowdon caravan which was fine for a family of 4. A large park so can be a good walk to the facilities. Took half board option and was very impressed with the quality of the food. Customer service was very very very good. Good pool with slides for all ages. Too many arcades for my liking but outside leisure/play facilities were very good.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Baz069
Reviewed 30 May 2011

When we got our key for the caravan, we struggled to open the door, it looked as if someone had tried braking into it before as the metal hinges were all bent and we struggled to close and lock the door! wasn't very safe at all! Also the kitchen blind was missing so anyone could look into the caravan! we also had no vacuum cleaner and the carpets were absolutely stinking!
On the first night we went to Funtasia and I bought nachos with nacho cheese from the bar, I opened the lid of the cheese and it didn't smell right! I dipped a nacho in it and tasted it and it tasted sour!! I opened the other nacho cheese to find that it was all clumpy and that also smelt fousty! This made me physically sick! Bear in mind, the cheese was placed on a warm metal holder which didn't seem right at all!! I also noticed that the fresh milk wasn't placed in a cold area, wouldn't surprise me if that milk was gone off too! I took my sister to the arcade machines only to find that half of them were faulty! We put the money in the machines and it didn't do anything at all! What a waste of money!
Worst of all, we went to Funtasia, the Sportsmans bar and the Showdome and it was absolutely FREEZING in all places! They had on all of the air conditioning when there really wasn't any need of it! We had to keep our coats on the whole time we were in all three places and we also found ourselves leaving early as the entertainment was absolutely appalling! It was the same show every night which was pretty boring! I remember a few years back the shows used to be amazing and different, what the hell has happened? Trecco bay has really gone down hill and will loose all customers before long!
As a result of the coldness of all the places, I have 2 elderly grandparents and my Grandad has fallen ill due to the coldness of the buildings! At this point I really had enough so on our last day I went to complain to the reception about it. I asked for a complaints form and the woman behind the desk wouldn't give me one and she asked me what it was about, so I told her and she said she would have a word with the staff! So i had to take her word for it but how do I really know she's gone back and told the staff! I'm absolutely appauled and will never be going back!! I was so glad to come home!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tylert289
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We have booked a weekend using the Sun Holidays promotion. I upgraded the accomodation for £40.00 because I wanted to make sure we had central heating and double glazing- stayed in a caravan withouth CH and DG previously in Parkdean Torquay and it was very cold and damp. It was well worth the little bit of extra expense, the caravan was clean and very spacious. The site itself is fantastic. Everything seems to be new and well looked after. Loads of stuff to do for children. The pool is an absolute winner, we went first thing in the morning so it was nice and quiet. The park is less than 5 mins walk to a lovely beach. I cannot comment on the entertainment because we decided not to take part, simply because discos etc is not our kind of thing. The shop on site is well stocked but as its normally the case, quite expensive. I would say if you combine the activities available on site together with all the attractions in the local area ( Margam Park for example) than you certainly shouldnt be bored. Both our children (2 and 11) have enjoyed and we cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank janah_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
The Brentwood Hotel
#8 of 20 in Porthcawl
Ballas Farm
Ballas Farm
#1 of 6 in Bridgend

Been to Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!