“trecco bay holiday park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park
bournemouth UK
“trecco bay holiday park”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Recently stayed for 5 nights at Trecco Bay (parkdean holidays).Site one of the largest in the UK over 2000 mobile homes, some privately owned although the vast majority owned by Parkdean. The site was well maintained as were the caravans . Plenty to do onsite for all ages. Large swimming /water complex, amusements bowling alley and outdoor activities.Entertainment complex with nightly shows by resident entertaiment team and visiting acts.Adults only section.Sports bar,bar /restaruant .Shops included convenience store,chip shop ,pizza parlour ,gift shop,surfing goods shop and photo shop.Ideal base for visiting in Wales with major towns and attractions all seeminly within an hours drive.Porthcawl itself had a nice harbour area,lovely beaches and a few good pubs serving good reasonably priced food.

2 Thank wedge012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Trecco bay was very clean and tidy and the beaches the same which we spent two very long and good days on,
We stayed in a nottage van which was clean and tidy and looked brand new, but didnt spend much time in it, as loads to do on and off site
Pool was good but make sure you know the swimming rules before you go and you have the right number of adults to kids or they want let you in,,
Food and staff are good in the coast bar and very relaxed with play area just outside, sports bar also good with pool tables and darts and lots of tvs and also very relaxed,
Entertainment club wanst to bad better than some ive been to which smell of sick and drunk teenagers and adults, entertainment was ok but unsure about a chubby brown act on a family show even though the jokes went over the kids heads and they did enjoy it,
Over all had a very good week away with 10 other familys all looking forward to going back next year,
just please keep as a family site and dont let single groups or large groups with no kids on like they do at other places,

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank philipallen77
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2011

First off, Trecco Bay is obviously a caravan park, and within those parameters it was very good, well maintained and good facilities. It was in a good location for exploring southern Wales and the staff were helpful.

My partner and I only had two major gripes. Firstly, our hot water did not work and this took almost half a day to fix, going out for a day out is not pleasant when you are unwashed. We also took the breakfast 'half-board' option, which was pre-paid. If a place is going to offer this, even when its emphasis as a location is on self-catering, then I feel that it should really try to serve breakfast before 9am. I like to be up and about early when on holiday and we found ourselves waiting around for breakfast.

On the whole though, a relaxing holiday and worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Had 4 days at Trecco Bay from 3.6 to 6.6. Had a fantastic time and will book again for a weekend next year. My 2 children aged 5 & 7 totally loved it as did my wife and I.Caravan nice and clean,really good facilities although we chose not to eat on site and made good use of a fabulous chip shop in Porthcawl on 2 nights.Really good pool and slide and the cabaret entertainment was good too.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have to say if you're thinking of staying at this Parkdean site then you need to reconsider. I have stayed with my family at Parkdean's Sea Acres site in Cornwall and had a fabulous time, all I can say about this experience is I am glad it was only for 3 nights, had it been a week then we would have left early.
To start, the Reception lady who checked us very "quickly" in, could not even raise a smile and it was the most "cold" experience I have ever had at any holiday destination, whether at a B&B or hotel. She took our name and, although we were able to check in early (blessings for small mercies I suppose), he made no effort to welcome us, describe anything, just a quick scribble on the map to where our caravan was.
The caravan had a stain on the sofa from what looked like mouldy sandwich remains whose oily substance seemed to be creeping and growing by the day (could not quite bring myself to scrape it off rather opting not to sit there). The toilet seat was loose and careful balancing was required. The tap in the bathroom sink was leeking and when I accidentally spilt tea on the floor in the kitchen, I was disgusted by the amount of things left on my tissue when getting the tea off the floor (certainly wasn't just my cup of tea) as the tissue was black, litterally. I opted for flip flops in the caravan after that. A brush was provided to get up the bits, but I don't think the cleaning staff own a mop! (On leaving and looking in the cleaning lady's little box of goodies, I certainly didn't spy one).
The site was generally clean itself, no rubbish lying about which considering the amount of people there was a plus point, the problem I had was the amount of Security men around which for a family establishment, I felt was very unnerving. This was then made a mochery off by the fact that the first night we were there, when a sign said "passes must be shown" to enter the Showdome, the Security people on the door couldn't have been the least bit interested on whether we were supposed to be there or just imposters and after rifling about in my handbag to find them, they didn't want to see them at all.
The friendliness shown in the Reception was then carried over to the bar at the Showdome who couldn't russle up a smile to serve you and all just looked like they'd rather be somewhere else (after 3 nights I happen to know how they feel). Ordering a drink was an experience, make sure you take more money than you think you need after the first night, as you can be sure that the next night your drinks will be priced completely differently! on 3 different nights we paid 3 different amounts.
The evening entertainment was ok, we saw a lady perform who we'd seen at the Sea Acres site and so we knew she was good (Carlene Duffy) and another twosome called Honeybelle were good. But an elderly gent performed dressed like Roy Chubby Brown and the type of humour he came out with (albeit it would have passed over the younger children's head like my 6yr olds) did not excape the ability of my 12 yr old to decipher! It was certaionly not appropriate for where he was, in a working men's club would have been far more fitting!
I have to say the beach is lovely and perfect for children, its just a shame that the place lets it down and the food was good too and the swimming pool complex was lovely and the waer was lovely and warm.
It's such a shame the place has potential and could take a leaf out of Sea Acres books, It's all about the money and customer satisfaction comes a very poor last, having said that the Coast bar staff were friendly, something must have been put in their drinks, plus I don't expect friendliness to be an optional extra, suffice as to say, I would not go back to this place if someone else paid me to.. but my kids loved it I just wanted to enjoy the holiday too... or maybe I'm just too picky!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Aitchy1974
Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2011

we are a family of 4 my son 13 and my daughter 10 we arrived on Bank Holiday Monday 1 hour early but were able to book in and go to our caravan.we were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and quality of our caravan.after a quick unpack we had a look around and we were again very impressed with the site. had fish and chips for 4 from the onsite chippy for £15 not bad and really enjoyed the entertainment that night in the showdome.slept well no noise big plus.next day went to Margam park and then Porthcawl loads to do.Weather was great next day spent most of the day on the beach as the swimming pool is great for under 10s but not older kids.in all our first park dean holiday was a great success and we will be booking one again in next few years.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank discodai
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed at the Park as part of the Sun Holiday deals. We were really pleasantly suprised. Friendly staff, clean and warm caravan and lovely location on the beach.
We enjoyed it so much we wanted to extend our stay by 2 nights, but we were unable to as they were fully booked. We would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
The Brentwood Hotel
#5 of 6 in Porthcawl
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4
Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Been to Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!