“Just a couple of negatives”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthcawl
Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Overall this campsite is lovely. we had a 4 night family break, beautiful spot, lovely caravan, good entertainment.
Negatives are just the prices, £3.60 for a pint of Carling £4.70 Magners. We would have spent longer in the Showdome had it been more reasonable.Also on first night there were about 4 people standing at bar while All the bar staff were chatting in a room at end.not serving
Staff were friendly though
Shop on site contains only very basics, although there is a little convenience store just outside site.
On the last night our little 2 year old grandson had a bad cough and was awake for most of the night, When he finally fell asleep I went to reception to ask if we could possibly stay in the caravan until 12 instead of 10 to let him have some sleep before our long journey and was told no, checkout is at 10, all the caravans need to be cleaned. I am not normally a complainer but as there were lots of people in front and behind me handing keys in, would it have made so much difference for all their caravans to be cleaned first. As this was the last morning it put a damper on what had been a lovely couple of days.

2  Thank calkel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,515)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I took time out of a busy professional schedule to take my 3 yo son for a caravan hol at Trecco bay. Just us 2. The accommodation was a kenfig caravan and was clean and did not smell. It was quiet at night and only a short stroll to all amenities. I did not like splash land overly but only because the family changing was limited and lockers small. Plus the only lockers free were at floor level and each time I went to get stuff I got sprayed by some member of staff hosing the floor down with cold water. I guess I picked the wrong day (a tues morn, term time?) as I'd assumed it would be quiet. The outdoor water park was great though. Having a proper wet suit for my son was handy to keep him warm during his play. The only annoying thing was finding the loos which are signposted down some steps off the bar terrace, but you end up at a locked door. Not good if you have child about to wet themselves. You have to go into the restaurant next door. The doors were cumbersome for wheelchair or buggy users here. The amusements were fun at night and the evening entertainment even better. The kids disco and Sid seagull and lizzie lizard great for my son. The disco music mixing is terrible but kids don't care about this sort of thing but it was so bad I did chuckle. The night entertainment was fun too. Whilst not all the entertainment crew are the uks best singers or dancers they try their best. The skinny dancer with the big nose gets all the magic tricks done to her as she fits in the props, I did feel sorry for her. Mixed race American bloke with a gut gets the singing and overly energetic dancing bloke who has far too much energy gets the dancing. But he did wink at me so he must be desperate! The most entertaining evening was the rendition of 'things can only get better' moving to 'cotton eyed joe' and 'come on Eileen'. But what made me really laugh was one night when they paraded on stage on masks and torches in a dance routine. So random! My son loved it all and this was the most important thing to me. I think we did get value for money, albeit we ate not from the facilities, but from food shopping purchased from the coop at Pyle nearby and tesco in Bridgend. We visited margam country park. Oyster mouth castle, Swansea car show, L2, plantasia, the national waterfront museum, 123 jump Cardiff on a very rainy day and of course, the beaches nearby and porthcawl. My son already wants to return....

Room Tip: The preferred location will depend on your requirements and expectations. Speak to someone there fir...
2  Thank BionicBanjo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here on a Sun Holiday offer, on arrival we were asked if booked direct or by the Sun. We had paid for an upgraded caravan as we had a newborn baby so wanted central heating. As we all know a newborn comes without lots of items such as travel cot, pushchair and lots of bits and bobs for the kitchen area.

We checked in at 4pm and our upgraded caravan was so small, myself and my partner could not fit in lounge with our 2 kids. It was sooooo small, and no space to put a travel cot anywhere?? So my partner when back to reception where they offered us to move to a larger caravan but only a standard one no heating or beds made up, or pay even more money to upgrade again a further £40-50 when I had already paid £86, so wanted more money so we could have extra space and central heating. We did go for the standard option as we didn't want to spend more money.

I have since contacted the park to raise my issues only to be told -
am sorry that you feel you didn’t receive what was booked, in light of the above, we are unable to agree to your request for a refund as Parkdean provided the accommodation booked.

So they can't explain where I was supposed to put a travel cot or a pushchair or even fit a family of 4 in the lounge area.

We went with friends who paid no upgrade and got a large caravan, so don't bother to pay an upgrade fee as you get a tiny caravan. Their allocations are poor for family's of 4!

Very sad customer and I won't be using or recommending Parkdean again.

2  Thank businessMidlands
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We went here on a wim in half term, the park was quiet but we prefer that. The accommodation was great, I think we were in a mid range van. Everything we needed and very spacious. The entertainment was great for the kids, all 3 loved it and enjoyed learning the party dances. The pool was good but freezing so couldn't stay in long. The cafe in the amusements was quote limited and expensive. Amusement arcades were good. Only a short drive to cardiff where loads on. Best thing about the park is that your on a beautiful coastline with a huge beach. We'd visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First time coming to Trecco Bay and we all loved it here. We came during school term time so was very quiet in the kids clubs and the pool. We found the amusements really good but addictive and we spent a fortune in there. The bumper cars and jungle jim were an extra charge. My girls loved the jungle jim. Weather was rubbish for the whole time we were here. The coffees in Coast are massive!!!!! Plus u are able to walk through Coast to the playground and golf which was a bonus. Golf was £3 which I thought was expensive. The outdoor splash area was nice but weather too cold to use it. The entertainment in the showdome was excellent and well worth buying the entertainment passes for. Sid and Lizzie were my girls favourite thing though. The kids clubs were really good but not enough children there due to the time of year. Drinks in the showdome were reasonable. Swimming pool was really warm and clean. Kids really enjoyed. The local shop on site was ridiculously priced though!!!!! One complaint was the waiting time in the Legends Diner for our food. Waited half an hour for fries!!! Which were freezing and horrible when they eventually came. I dont recommend the fries to anyone!!!! Our caravan was amazing. There were 5 of us and we were given a 3 bedroom extra wide caravan. Immaculately clean inside. Only issue was the beds were not comfy at all and we had to do synchronised turning at night!!! No complaints to be made apart from a hell of a breeze coming through all of the closed windows!!!! All in all our holiday was a lovely break and we will be returning later in the year when hopefully the weather is warmer.

Room Tip: Birch 24 is a beautiful caravan!!!!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a difference, a well thought out and maintained site, with excellent caravan accommodation.
The whole experience at this site, from book in to our leaving was first class, the only complaint if any, which we knew about in advance was that there was no outdoor swimming pool, would make a lovely addition. The in house entertainment was extremely good and drew us back night after night.
This was a first class break and such a refreshing change from our experience in Devon in March/April.

Room Tip: The site is well set out and as long as you let them know at the time of booking any special needs y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just come back from here, it is a great caravan park with everything you could want, it's clean, has a great pool, restaurants and play area for the children, we had a lovely time one of the best parks we have stayed at, hope to return soon

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthcawl
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
The Wyndham Arms
The Wyndham Arms
#2 of 8 in Bridgend
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel

Been to Parkdean - Trecco Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!