“A great team, lessons and shop, the best!”
Review of Blast Kiteboarding

Blast Kiteboarding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I had lessons with Marc and Sarah whilst at university and bought my first set of kitesurf kit off them. They are great instructors and are the source of my passion for kitesurfing. Over the past 7 years I have been on a number of group holidays including Portugal and Brazil, which were fantastic trips. In their shop they sell great kit and offer opportunities to demo kit to ensure you buy the right things. They are very honest and give great advice. I'm very happy with the last set of kit I bought off them. They also do great things for the kiting community in South Wales. For all things kiting, speak to Blast!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"beach"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 24 April 2016

I booked the two day learn to kite course. It was awesome from beginning to end. I have wanted to learn to kite for many years but struggled to find the time and if I'm honest the GUTS ! Marc was a brilliant patient instructor who made sure I stayed in my comfort zone which enabled me to gain confidence and make good progression. I had both days of the course at Coney Beach in Porthcawl which is a lovely big sandy beach with shallow water to learn in at low tide and plenty of room. It was an absolute pleasure to meet the other kite surfers who made me feel very welcome that were out at Coney - many of which have been taught by Blast. I now can't wait to continue my lessons and become good enough to go on one of Blasts Holidays !!

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

I have had 121 lessons from Marc, been on one of their organised holidays, and bought various bits of kit from them.
Both Marc and Sarah are fantastic teachers, and also live and breath kite surfing.
They are always at the beach and are happy to give advice and help to new starters.
If you are a beginner you won't do any better than learning with blast, and given that Marc is the senior UK wave kitting champion, and a stand out on a twin tip, you will always learn something from a lesson with him, no matter how experienced you are.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Having had instruction with Blast Kiteboarding I can say what friendly helpful people they are, there tuition is very thorough with a strong emphasis on safety, the equipment is first class and they are very knowledgable. If you want an introduction to kiteboarding the Blast team is the one you want to contact. Warning you'll enjoy it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 January 2016

As has been already said, Marc and Sarah are so passionate about the sport, and their enthusiasm rubs off on everyone they meet. I have dealt with them for training, sales, events and general kitesurfing activities and have always found them to be professional and energetic about every aspect of the sport. Even when they are not actively teaching on the beach, they are always there, on-hand to give advice on safety, skills, equipment, whether you are a previous customer or not, and I can hardly remember a day at the beach when one of them wasn't there. Thanks both. . Cannot recommend enough.