“Excellent value for money spa day” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Midsomer Norton
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money spa day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Yesterday myself and 5 girl friends took a (well deserved) spa day at this hotel. We paid £12.50pp via groupon so I was not expecting much but I was REALLY pleasantly surprised.

The staff were all absolutely excellent, we were given a tour of the facilities and after being told we could have our included lunch in the bath robes and go back in the spa after we all readily agreed to pay the £5 hire for robes and slippers.

Yes there were a few things not perfect such as some of the Jacuzzi jets not working and the ladies loo in the spa changing area was out of order but overall it was clean and tidy and an extremely enjoyable day.

For the included 2 curse meal we had a choice of either starter or dessert and main.
Choice was pretty limited (2 choices per course or steak main at a supplement) but as I had been expecting a fixed menu I was pleased there WAS a choice! and the food was extremely tasty and well cooked.
My friends all had a starter and I had a dessert (panacotta, which was fantastic!).

The hotel is lovely, it was a sunny day and we had lunch in the conservatory overlooking the beautiful golf course surrounded by trees and flowers.

We arrived at 10:30 and left at around 16:00, at no point were we rushed, staff made it clear we could stay as long as we liked and we were lucky it never became to busy with just a handful of other people in the spa throughout the day, I can imagine the day would not have been as good had it been busier as the spa area is quite compact. We didn't use the gym but the equipment looked very new and state of the art so I wonder if its recently had a refit?

The only thing I feel they need to add is more sun loungers, there were none at the pool and just 2 in the spa.

Will definitely purchase a spa day here again if it comes up as a deal in future.

Room Tip: we didn't sleep over, just used the spa
1 Thank THowes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We paid £110 for a twin, which was a decent size and very well presented. We didn't have time to use the spa or leisure facilities however they looked nice. We were a little disappointed that the Green Apple spa (for treatments) wasn't open on Sundays. We had our hearts set on a manicure before leaving. A taxi to Bath city centre was £27 each way, however because the room was so cheap, it was still cheaper to do it that way than stay in a hotel in Bath!
Breakfast was avaerage, although there was lots to choose from (cold and hot).
Would go back!

Bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We have just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and spacious and had everything we needed. The restaurant catered for specific dietary requirements and were extremely understanding of the needs of a family with a young child. In the restaurant we had outstanding service from Louise who is an absolute asset to the place. She really made us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
We had a few issues on the second evening with our restaurant bill (from the manager) but this was sorted in the end.
There is a variety of children's books and games available which entertained our 4yr old, and a great children's pack on arrival. The food In the restaurant is second to none, absolutely lovely!
Would highly recommend the hotel, very friendly, great facilities and overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Took advantage of a Groupon offer for a birthday spa treat and wish I hadn't bothered! The "spa" facilities were grubby, with a layer of grime floating on top of the jacuzzi (we were reliably informed that this was fake tanning lotion leached out by the chemicals in the jacuzzi - personally I don't want to bathe in someone's fake tan). The swimming pool mosaic tiles were dirty, and the ladies changing room showers were probably circa 1980, with a shower tray that took ages to drain. Also none too clean. There were hardly any loungers so nowhere to relax after swimming, and the pool decor left a lot to be desired.

As for lunch - OK, it was a special offer but several items on the very limited menu had additional charges. We chose the fish option, which was raw - when we pointed this out, it was taken away and apparently put back in the pan - we were warned that this might make it " a bit rubbery". Both myself and my friend have an upset stomach today - coincidence? I wonder...

To be fair, the staff were quite friendly, but that's all I could say in favour of this place, and we certainly won't be visiting again .

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ChrisBristol52
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Got the deal from groupon and it was worth and would even come back to the place even if it is not on groupon.Staff was friendly and food was great.The facilities were good(sauna,swimming pool and the gym)They have nice restaurant with a good view of the trees and golf course.

• Stayed August 2013
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Spanning a family outing, visiting Bristol and Shepton Mallett, the BW Centurion offered excellent facilities including an 'easy access' room for myself and my wife and a family room from my daughter, her husband and 2 children.
Leisure facilities allowed the children to burn off their excess energy and bar snacks (albeit expensive!) were adequate.

Room Tip: There are 'easy access' rooms on the ground floor which give wheelchair users the freedom to...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've just come back from my stay at the Best Western for 1 night as we visited Longleat Safari Park. (17th August) and I can honestly say it was one of the best hotels I've stayed at. We stayed in room 234 which was on the 1st floor, the room was lovely and big with the most comfiest bed i've ever slept on! It had a huge flat screen TV, a sofa and nice views of the golf course. The bathroom was also incredibly clean and modern.

Later in the evening we ordered room service which was quick and again I can honestly say it was the nicest dinner i've had in a long time, the steak was cooked to perfection.

The staff at the hotel were so friendly and really made us feel welcome.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay and wished I was there for more than 1 night!

Would recommend to anyone!! Brilliant hotel.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a top floor room as you can slightly hear people walking around in the room above you...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel
Ston Easton Park Hotel
Ston Easton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ston Easton

Been to Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel? Share your experiences!