“Brilliant B&B”
Review of Monfa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bala
Monfa
Ranked #4 of 24 Bala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a beautiful B&B very close to the lake as well as the small town. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully done with comfortable beds, plenty space and the best tea selection we had all week. The bathroom (upstairs from the twin room we stayed in) was similarly spotless, tastefully decorated, with a powerful shower and plenty shampoo etc. Ron and Helen are very friendly and provided a fantastic breakfast with plenty options.

Would definitely recommend Monfa and would stay there again if I returned to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My friend and I were in Bala for 3 nights, and 2 of which we spent here! The living room (right next to the bedroom upstairs), the bathroom and the bedroom itself were all well equipped and the bedroom looks exactly the same as the advertised picture (unlike other places I've stayed in!). We chose the bathroom with the tub instead of the shower, which was quite spacious. Other than the usual packet-sized toiletries, I loved how they provided shampoo/conditioner etc. that you would normally get from the shops. There was also a lovely teddy bear in the bathroom (and also a cute door stopper for the bedroom) which I thought were nice touches by Helen :)
We went through the DVD collection and found a movie to watch for the 2 nights.
The breakfast was huge and we ate so much the first day - a lot to choose from, and the cooked breakfast was just brilliant. Helen also prepared lunch for us for the second day, and it was packed very conveniently into lunch boxes for us.
The location is perfect to explore the main part of Bala, just walking distance from the lake and everything interesting in the town.
The only thing I would suggest to improve is the TV in the bedroom because it is quite small. We tried watching TV in the living room next door (which was much bigger) but it didn't work that day. Compared to the Railway Cottage in Frongoch which we stayed in for the 3rd night, the convenience of location was definitely a boost! However, as the room in Railway Cottage was isolated from the main holding, I felt that we had more privacy there in comparison to Monfa.
Nevertheless, we loved our stay regardless, and would definitely revisit when we have the chance!

Room Tip: There is a room on the ground floor, and a room upstairs. The bathrooms and lounge room are also ups...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We did not have a booking and we were so lucky to find this place. Ron and Helen are absolutely amazing. They were very warm and welcoming. The rooms are extremely well decorated and maintained. They were so comfortable and felt like a home away home. It has a private parking space and it is great for children as well. We had a 2 year old with us and she enjoyed the stay as much as we did. To top it all the breakfast was absolutely brilliant. I had the smoked haddock and I highly recommend it. We had a great time and we had 4 start luxuries at 2 star prices. Great place!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We hadn't booked any accommodation in Bala, but Helen & Ron made us feel extremely welcome at Monfa.

The rooms were spotless & the breakfasts awesome; I highly recommend the smoked haddock!

We have already recommended Monfa to family & friends :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Ron and Helen, owners, made us feel at home. Their b & b was spotless and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was super and plenty of it. Location is on main Bala high street, with Bala lake a two minute walk away. Private car park. Bikers, as we are, welcomed. Room had sky/complimentary coffee/tea/chocolate. Beds comfy. Sink in room and shower upstairs (but nice dressing gowns provided). Will recommend to my friends and would stay there again. Just wonderful...and the price was right!

Room Tip: we were on ground floor/twin beds. Double glazing and therefore no noise. No on suite but dressing...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MonfaBala, Owner at Monfa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Your comments on tripadviser were very much appreciated as we are always concerned that we not only give value for money but that we are providing the level of service which are guests require and deserve.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Helen and Ron were very welcoming hosts to their beautiful home, we were very comfortable, cosy and felt very relaxed. The decor is beautiful, with lovely views from their very sumptuous living room, and our bed was very comfortable, with views of the lake, and lots of little extras in our private bathroom...and the breakfast was just delicious...what a little gem in Bala - cannot recommend highly enough!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MonfaBala, Owner at Monfa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our business. We appreciate feedback from our guests whose comments help us to understand their needs and expectations and hopefully encourage them to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My brother and I planned a walking holiday and roughed it the first night in a tent in the snow. Great experience and nice and warm with sensible layers ;) We did not expect it to be as cold and wet at this time of year so after an 8hr hike on the second day we decided to treat ourselfs. To be honest we thumbed it the last few miles!! Was getting dark and couldn't feel my fingers... When dropped off we wondered through the high street to find a tourist office to ask about a good B&B. Low and behold there was a lovely looking place with vacancies. We knocked on the door but no answer. So I called the number advertised. A kind mannered lady answered explaining they had only just arrived home from thier holiday and that we may not want to stay as the house was currently cold. I said it was not a problem at all! Helen and Ron came to the door and welcomed us in explaining their holiday and that the heating was only just kicking in. The house was pristine and a twin room for my brother and I was clean and ready. They went out of their way to make sure we had all imenitys and even put an extra heater in our room to boost the warmth. The TV was a welcome home comfort and a selection of DVD's were on hand. We setelled then I had a well needed hot shower! We headed out for the evening then returned with a take away and watched a DVD. Lovely! I slept like a baby with extra pillows and covers on hand (not needed as the room had heated sufficiently). In the morning we took a two minute walk to the beautiful lake with amazing veiws and tourist amenities. We returned to Monfa B&B to a breakfast consisted of everything!! Choice was our virtue. Ron made the breakfast and hosted as Helen was not feeling well. He said she regretted not being able to see us but did not want to pass on her illness. He did an amazing job! I wish I'd have taken a picture to show you off the delectable fry up we were served. It was well presented and of perfect consistence. With all condiments to hand we demolished the lot :) Before heading off Ron bid us goodbye and Helen waved from afar. We felt so welcomed even though we surprised them with our need of a room. Thank you Ron and Helen! You truly added a unexpected luxury to our holiday. X

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bala
Plas Yn Dre
#2 of 4 in Llanfor
Bodiwan
Bodiwan
#2 of 24 in Bala

Been to Monfa? Share your experiences!