“Excellent and friendly service.”
Review of Y Cyfnod

Y Cyfnod
Ranked #3 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Bala
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family and I had lunch at the cafe and ti was delicious, and the staff were polite and friendly, and an excellent location. Unlike one or two rather spiteful reviewers here who seem to take exception to hearing the Welsh language spoken in Wales, then god help you is all I can say.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

It wad very inviting and I order a hot chocolate and it was there in a short time. When are food can it looked very appealing as there was salad and more there was lots of locals around the cafe and it was better than I expected

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We've used this café several times & always had decent food. On this occasion I ordered the bangers & mash with onion gravy. The sausages were fine but the mash was revolting - more like thick wallpaper paste than potato & the gravy was rather strange. The breakfast however was pronounced very good & the scone & cream 'excellent'. We have never had any problem with anti-English attitudes, the service has always been friendly.

1  Thank patricia K
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

My wife & I popped in here for refreshments last summer and found it to be a decent local cafe with basic seating & table arrangements, and the tea was ok. When I went to the till and politely asked where the toilet was, I was abruptly told "round the back" and it was tucked away in a dirty, old fashioned out house! When my wife asked the same person, but this time in fluent Welsh, she was invited to use the upstairs staff facilities! So just like a previous TA reviewer has said, there appears to be an anti-English feeling to the place.

2  Thank DrREvans
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stopped at the Cyfnod yesterday to have a snack and were very impressed with the food and the service. It is obviously well supported by the local people which is always a good sign. The food was excellent and we were very well looked after. The prices are very reasonable and the cafe is very well situated for the centre of Bala.