“Great Location”
other travellers have booked this property
The Cross Keys Holiday Cottage, Bala.  Grade 2 Listed.  Built about 1771 in the conservation area.
Living Room, lots of Beams and Log Burner Other aspect of Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Room, lots of Beams and Log Burner
Other aspect of Living Room
Kitchen Dining area, Multi fuel Stove. Gated steps to cellar with freezer.
Top Floor Master King Bedroom/family Room. with fourth bedroom /nursery with Day Bed/ two singles.
Twin Room off Master Bedroom. Bedroom can be used used as play room/Dressing room or Nursery.
Single Room but another single under bed pictured.
Double bedroom with walk in closet
Shower Room.  Constant hot water. No bath but has Bidet, shaver/toothbrush point /heated towel rail.
The village nestles in the River Valley, between two gentle rolling mountain and moorland ranges,
View looking down the River Dee Valley toward Llangollen, the River  Dee flows onward to Chester.
Historic Llanderfel   Not many changes since then and still very quiet and restful.
Bala Lake looking toward the Arenig Mountains.
The local Pub, the Brynterion at dusk.  Open from 10.30 am.   real Ale pub and Food
Dusk on Bala Lake
The Village..  Another aspect
Monument above the village giving a wonderful view of the village with the Berwyn Mountains.
Between Llanderfel and Sarnau to the North
Winter Wonderland
Dinas Bran, Llangollen looking toward the Upper Dee Valley.
Bala Lake on a misty day in Autumn.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Location”
Reviewed 1 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Llanderfel is in a beautiful valley. Lots of walks with great views right from the cottage.The cottage is well equipped and cosy.

5 Jan 2017
Thank you for review. I think we all agree. We are blessed by living in a beautiful unspoilt part of the world.
Tracy T
“Recent Stay”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Lovely olde worlde comfortable cottage. Carol made us & our 2 dogs feel very welcome from the moment we arrived at the cottage meeting us there personally. She provides everything you need just like you are staying in your own home. Very peaceful area. Would not hesitate to rebook this cottage again. Very well equipped. Could not find any fault with this accomodation. Dog friendly pub Bryn Tirion Inn nearby which is excellent for dog lovers who use this cottage as well.

11 Nov 2016
Thank you for the review. It is very important to me, and gives me great pleasure and comfort to know that my guests have had a good holiday, in a cottage that they feel is as comfortable and as homely as I describe it in my advertising. Thank you..
semcneill...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great space and well equipped”
Reviewed 3 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Cross-keys is a lovely old cottage with lots of interesting features. There is lots of space with 4 bedrooms. It had everything you could think of having in a house and had videos/dvds/books and a big chest of toys. Carol is lovely and made sure to show us around and explain everything to us about the cottage and surrounding area. It is in a quiet area but close to the town of Bala with shops, takeaways, leisure centre etc.

Travelling group: Young Children
5 Aug 2016
Thank you for the review. It is always good to know that guests have enjoyed their stay. I try my best to treat others as I would like to be treated. It is also my professional background. I always worry about very tall guests banging heads on beams though. When Cross keys was built about 1771 the average height for men was 5ft 4inches.
Chris M
Heywood, United Kingdom
“brilliant cottage very enjoyable”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

We spent five days in this lovely cottage and couldnt have been happier. The owner Carol was more than helpful and was always on hand if you had any questions or queries, Carol was also more than accomadating for my son who has disabilities. There was everything you could possibly need, the beds and bedding were fantastic and comfortable, the local people were very friendly and the local pub served up a nice meal for all the family. there was plenty to do and we cant wait to book again as there is so much more we didnt have time for. Thank you for a lovely holiday. My parents also drove up for the day and throughly enjoyed it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage was comfortable for all the family.
Liked least: Liked everything.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Apr 2016
Thank you Chris, Karen and children.
Thank you for the encouraging review. Children are always welcome and I enjoyed meeting them and the whole family. who looked after the cottage while they were there too. This area is beautiful and I do my best to promote it. Tourism is the life blood of North Wales and Gwynedd in particular more important economically now than farming. Children will be our next generation of visitors so we have to look after them too. Role on next visit when we can catch up.
luke w
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely historic cottage”
Reviewed 23 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in this lovely historic cottage in chilly February - but thanks to its real fires and thick stone walls it proved a cosy place to spend the week. It has plenty of space, tasteful decoration and bags of character. It's also extremely good value. Carol was very thoughtful and helpful with her advice and the cottage has lots of information at hand. The village is nestled in a lovely valley with beautiful scenery around.

Travelling group: Large Group
24 Mar 2016
Thank you for very positive review. I like to look after my guests and treat them as I like to be treated. Listed Stone cottages are not the easiest to keep warm and ventilated since Grading only allows certain modernisation. However once the cottages are warm it stays warm. Developing fire lighting skills is an art, If it is cold I usually light the fires before guests arrive. Thank you Luke.
198sueq
Staines, United Kingdom
“Superb Accommodation - very clean..”
Reviewed 26 February 2016 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

I have been fortunate to stay in this immaculate cottage and Mrs Keys Shaw ' s other cottage In Sarnau. Both are beautifully maintained with everything you could possibly need, it is just like returning to your own home where everything has been done for you. Tea, coffee, milk and sugar await your arrival. The location is on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. The area is ideal for walkers and cyclists. I found Bala lake just the other side of the small village. Nearby is an indoor swimming pool. Although I didn't try the outside lake activities I believe canoeing and windsurfing hire and lessons were available. There is plenty of information in both cottages on nearby places to visit rain or shine. I will be returning some time later this year. Good value for money and a very pleasant and helpful owner.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: A warm, comfortable, feeling when entering the property
Liked least: Nothing..,
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Feb 2016
Thank you for the review. I like to treat others as I like to be treated and it is really pleasing to know that my hard work has been appreciated. I do my own cleaning so I can be certain that everything is as I like it to be. I like my cottages to feel like you are borrowing my home not just a cottage. I really try hard to ensure that all my guests can make the most of there time in North Wales which is beautiful and not as packed as the Lake District even in the high season. I A bit of a secret really and relatively un-discovered. and understated. Thank you once again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing