“My third year running”

Scottish Equestrian Hotel
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was there the same week as Lorraine - back in September
We had a great time - the bistro had been redecorated/designed since the last time and I think it's even nicer than before.
We had some great hacks - Jenny is good to ride out and quite comfortable although I got on well with Melvyn this time so either my riding is improving or she's getting more patient.
The ride to the Clyde falls was the best - we had some really fast canters and the falls themselves were very full - I'd never have made it on foot so thanks to Gillian for an interesting ride.
The food is just as good as ever and the staff are like old friends. They looked after me when my asthma caused me to miss a couple of rides and I got a bit low.
I love this place.

Room Tip: I like the rooms overlooking the courtyard best
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JAYBEE15KR
MaureenTaylor, Owner at Scottish Equestrian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

It was lovely to welcome you back and I hope we 'll have the pleasure of your company next year. It's a lovely review of our centre

There are newer reviews for Scottish Equestrian Hotel

Reviewed 26 October 2012

What a great holiday!!!!
Accomodation spotless clean and comfortable. The bistro has a great atmosphere, food excellent and the staff is friendly, helpfull and caring (I would employ them, failing that I would adopt them). I stayed on my own for a week and was very comfortable and relaxed and never lonely.
The horses are well looked after ( I fell in love with my big boyo Albert, unfortunately he was much loved by the stable manager/ riding instructor Sandra so I had to leave him there, hmmmph). The riding instructor ( Sandra) is proffesional, encouraging and will plan the lessons to your ability and beyond. The daily hacks with Gillian or Sandra through the beautifull country was amazing. It is one of the nicest and enjoyable place I stayed for a long time. I will recomment this hotel and riding complex without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the centre. Albert will be here waiting for you next year when you return. It was lovely meeting you

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I've got to say I have never left a review for a hotel before but just feel that this hotel deserves a mention because I could not fault it - I had a flying visit, arrived late and left early unfortunately but enjoyed everything about it. The Bistro is marvellous, really nice atmosphere, friendly and if a lone traveller like I was felt completely relaxed and welcome. The food was great, breakfast lovely. Spotlessly clean and really comfortable rooms. One of the nicest places I have stayed for a long time. Unfortunately no time for me to enjoy the horses but I hope to go back and enjoy that part of the hotel too. Will definately return and would not hesitate in recommending whether you like horses or not !!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Clovabrae
MaureenTaylor, Owner at Scottish Equestrian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

A lovely review and we're flattered you made us your first ever review. Thankyou

Reviewed 26 September 2012

A great way to spend a weeks’ riding. I wanted an opportunity to improve my riding skills, see some of the countryside (hacking). The riding lessons were brilliant. Melvyn, Montana & Albert were superb horses to ride.

I enjoyed the hacks, including the ‘Corra Castle & Waterfall Trail’ – a day’s trail through the forest along the Falls of Clyde, opposite New Lanark.

I welcomed the opportunity to learn to jump, even completing a jumping circuit / course of 8 fences. An amazing & new experience! Something I hadn’t planned or expected to do.

Food and accommodation were excellent. The accommodation & the ‘Stables’ Bistro both located next to & overlooking the stables & yard added to the ambience. Everyone was friendly, helpful and professional. All added to a wonderful holiday and riding experience.

I would definitely return, and recommend Scottish Equestrian Hotel & Riding Complex. I look forward to my next visit.

3  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I wanted to learn to ride and I wanted a break away from the stress of everyday life. I had not really ridden a horse before and was very nervous but I think that any time spent here will enable you to leave and say "I can do it and I enjoyed it". The people are very friendly and the facilities are really good. I had a really nice twin room with shower which was very clean and spacious. All the meals were excellent. The staff are very friendly and they maintain a family feel which makes you chill out and just go with the flow and enjoy it. The encouragement you receive to ride and get better is excellent - they love what they do and it grows on you. You can really get involved if you want and the riding in the countryside is lovely. Oh and did I say the staff are lovely. It makes all the difference. Why go anywhere else? This place has it all. I was going to add that the horses are well looked after but it seemed obvious as this is their passion...so I decided to add it anyway for people wanting to be sure about this part. Now book it!

Room Tip: I stayed in Epsom and this was near the main building. All the other people when I stayed liked thei...
1  Thank LorraineWarn

Thankyou for your lovely review. I hope you 'll return in the future

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have never ridden in Scotland before and I always want to have lessons as well as riding. Great reception from Maureen and her staff. Everyone very friendly and was quickly into the routine of the daily timetable. Fantastic experience and improved my riding somewhat even though I felt I had no confidence at first as I do not ride that often any more. The hacking out was awesome and glad to have the chance to appreciate the Scottish countryside. Great choice of horses and was able to choose the two I found suitable for my ability. The accommodation was superb and I felt right at home. The food was outstanding the week came to an end all too soon. It's no wonder that riders come back time and time again. I hope to go back next year. Thank you for a great riding holiday to everyone at the Scottish Equestrian Hotel.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were recommended this hotel by my sister in law who had stayed at the hotel last year. We wasnt sure what to expect but it was truly lovely. The staff were all very welcoming, including Spot who bounded us to give us a big hug, and our room was very comfortable and homely. We had a lovely breakfast on both days that we stayed and the only thing wrong with the stay is that we didnt get a chance to book a ride as we were in Scotland on a family matter. Hopefully when we return to Scotland we will stay here again and maybe, hopefully book a ride out. Well done Maureen on a well run hotel and thank you and your staff for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
MaureenTaylor, Owner at Scottish Equestrian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thankyou very much for your lovely comments. We hope to see you on your next visit to scotland

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
New Lanark Mill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Carnwath
No photo provided
Scottish Equi B&B
#8 of 8 in Lanark

Been to Scottish Equestrian Hotel? Share your experiences!