New Lanark Mill Hotel
Tinto Hotel(Biggar)
  • Breakfast included
Strathaven Hotel(Strathaven)
2,162 results
All reviewsold millheritage siteheritage centreleisure facilitiesrobert owenfirst classself cateringstunning locationcotton millshort breaklovely hotelview of the riverwell worth a visitnight breakrelaxing breakroom was largestrawberries
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I'm trying hard to think of something different to say from the other excellent reviews and it's not easy as all the superlatives have been used up!
The long drive in poor weather was immediately forgotten with our arrival in Reception. We were made very welcome by an attentive staff. The self catering apartment was well-appointed, comfortable, warm and very clean. The kitchen area had everything you could want, including washing machine and dishwasher. The bedroom was down a steep flight of stairs (you were warned of this on the website) and was roomy with an enormous double bed. We awoke the next morning to a magnificent view across the River Clyde to breathtaking autumnal colours of the gorge beyond.
Meals were taken in the Bar, and I could not fault the service we received from the staff who were efficient, attentive and friendly.
I believe that the quality of service is a reflection of Management policy. After all, it is Management that choose staff, train them and monitor their progress. It is interesting to note that both in the hotel and the visitor centre, the staff gave the impression of thoroughly enjoying their work. Also, in these reviews, the manager takes the trouble to read them, reply and act upon the comments where necessary. Well done.
My only complaint. The initial view of the Gorge whilst driving down was so spectacular I missed the turn off to the hotel and ended up in the public car park. According to the dog-walking local I talked to there, this was quite common!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel following your recent stay at New Lanark. As the Hotel Manager it is important for me to receive feedback from all of our guests as I do try my best to react to anything which isn't quite right. This is the only way that we can continue to improve upon our service and facilities. The training of staff is always a top priority and we constantly review the performance of departments and indivduals, not only for the benefit of our guests but also for the personal development of each member of the team. I am delighted that my staff were attentive, friendly and efficient to you throughout your stay. It is always a pleasure to hear this as we do put an emphasis on customer service through the training of our team. This shows that our efforts are paying off, so thank you for recognising this and sharing your experience on the internet.

I'm also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Waterhouse Cottage and that it had all the facilities you could ask for. This cottage has recently been refurbished so its good to hear positive feedback on that too.

On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for your kind words. We appreciate this very much and we hope to see you return again. If you require any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We have just returned from a last minute one night stay at the hotel and it was perfect. We booked the night before, asking for a river view and a better view we couldn't have dreamed of! My sister contacted the hotel as she wanted to treat us and said that Heidi on reception couldn't have been more helpful. She explained they generally need more notice but would see what she could do. When we arrived we were greeted with Scottish Berry Chocolates (delicious) and a bottle of Cava. This, along with the rest of the attentive staff, delicious food and amazing location made our stay. Keep up this brilliant service.

Room Tip: We were on floor 6 with brilliant river view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a very favourable review of our hotel following your recent stay at New Lanark It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our customers, even more so when it is high praise We very much appreciate this and would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

My team strive hard to meet the expectations of our guests on every occasion so I am very pleased to read that you found them to be attentive. Thank you also for your kind words describing our food as delicious.

I will certainly ensure the team are given the opportunity to read your review. Once again thank you for taking the time to do this and I look forward to welcoming you back to New Lanark Mill Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

As some one who works within the industry, I see hotel service day-in and day-out.
This hotel is a gem in the crown of Lanarkshire, the staff, the ambience, the rooms, the food, all are of the highest level but thankfully not the highest price.

From the delightful staff at reception who make that first and lasting impression to the unknown staff who work carefuly to make every meal a work of art, you are all of the finest order.

I would like to say a special thanks to Angela, from my very first email she made me feel like a valued guest, a rarety in a the hustle of modern life.

I look forward to returning.

kindest Regards.

Mark

Room Tip: My own preference would be a room facing the river, you can feel the roar of the water and its mellows the soul.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. This is very kind of you and we do very much appreciate receiving your positive feedback, particularly when individual staff members are mentioned. I have passed your review onto the team. Sharing your experience on the internet very much helps us to promote our hotel and hopefully attract many new visitors to the Lanarkshire area.

Once again thank you for your kind words and for awarding full marks in all areas of our hotel operation. I certainly hope to see you return at some point in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

This Hotel is set in a breathtaking spot: the Falls of Clyde roar past outside the windows and the entire New Lanark World Heritage site fills one's sight. The staff are exceptionally helpful and cheery, the food is excellent and the service is first class! What a glorious two days we spent here. And, for good measure, the hotel rates are very reasonable. I would honestly recommend a visit here to be immediately entered on one's Bucket List!

Room Tip: The Waterhouses are the most spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a very favourable review on tripadvisor about our hotel following you recent stay. I'm delighted to read such positive feedback. My team work very hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay and I'm pleased to hear that you found them to be exceptionally helpful and cheery. The service levels that we provide are important to us so it is also a pleasure to hear comments about it being first class. Thank you very much for this.

I certainly hope to be able to welcome you back to New Lanark Mill Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We have, over the last 7 years stayed for an annual short break, for 2 to 3 days at a time, and have found the standards of service to be of the highest quality, the staff are always helpful and courtious, with nothing too difficult for them to help with, restaurant is well set out, not too big, the leisure facilities are fantastic with the gym, sauna, steam room and pool.
The surrounding scenery and walks are as breathtaking (literally) as ever.
We have over the years been in Hotels all over the world and have yet to come across one that has a similar character and charm, which keeps calling us back.
Many thanks to the Management & staff of the Mill Hotel, we will be returning next year.

1  Thank david c

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about our hotel on Tripadisor. This is very much appreciated and we certainly also appreciate your loyal support throughout the past 7 years. Without positive feedback we would not be such a popular destination so thank you very much for sharing your experience on the internet.

In the meantime, please be assured that I have passed your review onto the team and I look forward to welcoming you back once again in the very near future.