“Lovely Overnight Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lanark
Longridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my Boyfriend recently stayed at New Lanark Mill Hotel as a special treat for Valentines day. We have stayed at the hotel before and had no hesitation on deciding to stay here again for this special occasion. The room was lovely and had everything to ensure that we had an enjoyable stay. The view from the room was absolutely breathtaking, looking directly onto the River Clyde. All staff were warm, welcoming and friendly and striven to make our visit an enjoyable experience. The restaurant served wonderful delicious food for both for dinner and breakfast. Overall we both loved our stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel and will be staying here again in the near future!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
Carlisle
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for a three day break from 10th February, having stayed there last year and were so impressed we wanted to go back. We were absolutely stunned to be given the New Harmony Suite, which was gorgeous, so cosy and comfortable and the view from the windows over the village was spectacular. Again the staff couldn't do enough for us and the meals were excellent Also, it was nice to be remembered from last year. The weather was not so good, but it was a pleasure to stay in the hotel. Hopefully will be back again next year.

Room Tip: The New Harmony Suite is next to Room 37.
1 Thank PatriciaAnne80
hotelsmanager, General Manager at New Lanark Mill Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. We are delighted that you have awarded us with a 5 star review and very much appreciate your kind words. It is always a pleasure for us to see guests return each year and I'm so pleased to read that you hope to return again next year too.

I have passed your review onto the team and I know that they too appreciate your positive feedback. They strive very hard on a daily basis to ensure our guests depart with a good impression so I am pleased we have been able to achieve that.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Carluke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My new husband & myself had our wedding reception yesterday at NLMH, we had an amazing day & cannot fault any of the service at all. We had requested a few personal touches that we would like and this was not a problem for the lovely Rachel to help us with. The staff were all very friendly and made our day that extra bit special. We had our photos taken on the roof top garden when the snow was falling so this was also an amazing added extra that we did not expect.
I would highly recommend this location to any bride to be as I have had so many nice comments from family and friends about the location, food, service.

This day to me was just perfect.

Room Tip: We had the New Harmony suite, was lovely with the corner windows facing out onto the village
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sara F
On behalf of the management and staff at New Lanark Mill Hotel I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind review following your wedding on Valentine's Day. I am delighted that you both had such a lovely day. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback but it was even more of a pleasure being part of your special day. I have already passed your review onto the staff and in particular Rachel. She works very hard indeed fulfilling the requests and aspirations of our wedding couples so I know she will be very touched to have been mentioned specifically in your review.

I am also pleased to read that you would not hesitate recommending us as a wedding venue. This is high praise indeed and we very much appreciate your support.

May I wish you both a long and happy marriage together and thank you very much indeed for choosing our hotel to celebrate your special day.

Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Myself and my husband stayed last night with the romance & roses package, I was a bit disappointed we we checked into our room, Room 28 a disabled room, neither of us is disabled and felt the room was only for a disabled person, the walk in shower was fine but the seat for assistance was a bit much and the large white chair which you sit on in the shower was not required. The champagne was lovely, the strawberries were tasteless and the dipping chocolate was horrible as it had been melted in a microwave it had separated and was awful. The food in the restaurant was beautiful and the breakfast was great. If i wanted a disabled room I would have asked for one, I was very disappointed in the room. Overall we had a nice time, the leisure facilities are fab but the room let you down.

2 Thank JW R
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience on the internet following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel and for awarding us with a 4 star review. we very much appreciate your feedback and always take on board constructive criticism to make improvements to our facilities and service.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your bedroom. Room 28 is identical to all other rooms in the hotel. The only difference is the en-suite as it has a walk in wet room and some hand rails. This room benefits guests with mobility issues. We don't necessarily class this room as a disabled room as the facilities of the room match all other rooms. I'm sorry the large white chair remained in your bathroom. This can be requested for guests with mobility issues but is normally always removed after departure. Please accept my apologies for it being there when you arrived.

Overall it does appear you had an enjoyable stay and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast and dinner. Please accept my apologies for the strawberries and chocolate. Its difficult to get good local strawberries at this time of the year. I have spoken to chef about the dipping chocolate and this certainly should not have arrived to you in this state.

Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board and I certainly hope you may consider returning in the future. On the whole thank you for your positive feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Old Mill hotel on 6th February having previously stayed in October 2013. Co-incidentally we were given the same room as before (32) not that this was a problem, it was very comfortable and had everything you would expect to find in a good quality hotel.
The hotel was a bit quieter on this occasion, the start of February being probably one of the quietest times of the year for the hotel trade. This wasn’t a problem as we were looking for somewhere to relax and ‘recharge our batteries’.
The last time we stayed was on a DB&B arrangement. The food last time was very good but we felt that the three course meal was a bit too much for us and for this reason we decided to book on a B&B only basis this time. We found the food on the bar menu to be every bit as good as food served in the main restaurant and there was a good choice of main courses.
We live on the south side of Glasgow, a 45 minute drive from New Lanark and this is a great place to go to get away from the city and chill out for a night.
We’ll definitely be returning in the near future.

1 Thank Ian H
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your recent stay at New Lanark. I'm delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and that you were able to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. It's also great to hear that you returned following a stay in October last year. We very much appreciate your loyal custom and support.

We certainly hope to see you return again in the near future. We are about to embark on an upgrade to 12 rooms by refurbishing en-suites. We hope you will be able to experience one of these on your next visit.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance and once again thank you for sharing your positive experience on the internet.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here for a romantic weekend break to celebrate her birthday. Couldn't have gone any better. Excellent food, friendly, helpful staff and overall just a stunning venue! Rooms are spotless and every need was met perfectly!

Highly recommend.
Will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen M
On behalf of the management and staff I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing the experience of your stay on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill Hotel. Thank you for your very kind words in relation to our staff, food and facilities. I am delighted that you both had an enjoyable time and I certainly hope to see you return again in the near future.

Once again thank you for your kind words and for awarding us with a 5 star review.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Just spent a lovely relaxing weekend here with 4 friends . Since our last visit the bar restaurant and spa area have been refurbished and are lovely . Had a massage was excellent it is so nice to have the same therapist each year . Staff are all very nice and helpful and always remember you from previous visits . Food was excellent as usual. We have booked for next year . We'll done John and his team.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank samanthia c
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your recent stay at New Lanark Mill. It is always a pleasure to see you returning year after year so thank you for your loyal custom and support. We very much appreciate this. Your kind words of praise are also very welcomed and I am delighted to read that you liked the changes to our bar, restaurant and beauty rooms following your last visit. Hopefully by the next time you return you will also see further investment in bedroom corridor carpets and a selection of en-suites.

I have passed your review onto the team and I know that they appreciate your positive feedback. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

John Stirrat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
Radstone Hotel
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#13 of 96 in Glasgow
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,595 reviews

Been to New Lanark Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!