“Beautiful hotel”

Reviewed 7 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 1 June 2014

we booked the Cartland Bridge Hotel for our Wedding Party and I have to say, we had a tremendous experience !! . from the various meetings we had to ensure a perfect day the staff could not have done any more for us. the rooms were immaculate and our specific buffet was first class. we spent the first two hours outside at the front of the Hotel in the sunshine in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorna M
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here while up in Lanark on business. I picked it out from Tripadvisor and their own website, as it looked relatively good, but you never can tell.

However, I was pleasantly surprised at everything.

The staff were helpful and polite, as well as being just attentive enough to be comfortable. My room was spacious and immaculately clean. The furnishings were high quality, not worn and tatty and the room had a good feel about it. The ensuite was equally spacious and clean. Everything worked. The only surprise was the very large, aging TV that sat in the cabinet. It worked well enough, but I thought most hotels had got rid of these antiques by now!!

The food, both evening meal and breakfast, were very good. Quality ingredients, well cooked and well presented and piping hot. Drinks were not too expensive either.

Sleep quality was very good as the location is rural and therefore the only real noise you get is the dawn chorus, which is fabulous.

This hotel should be full to the gunnels as the quality and price should make it so busy busy. Yet I think only a dozen people were staying the night I was there which surprises me. The local business I visited in the morning agreed with me on this. However, they did suggest that recent changes had been made and that the occupancy doesn't reflect on their new higher standards.

I hope it does soon, because I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Cartland Bridge to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IDavidRowley
Alan T, General Manager at Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you very much for your great response myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed one night. Good value, £65 inc breakfast. Receptionist and bar staff very friendly and helpful. Warm, clean room. Not top end, but very acceptable. Lovely old building in parkland. May as well eat at the hotel as there is very little of any quality in Lanark, which is a short drive - too far to walk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nice hotel in an older building of character. Loved the central staircase and large Bedrooms. The restaurant is only used for breakfast with evening meals served in the bar, which is a shame. Starters were good, but we were disappointed with the main courses. Handy location for a visit to the. New Lanark Heritage centre.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just home after having our wedding at cartland bridge hotel and I must say I am flabbergasted. The venue, scenery, quality and service were outstanding and in particular the general manager, Alan Todd, who catered to our every need, regardless of how difficult this made his job. I couldn't have asked for a better day. The hotel was immaculate and the food was divine. Overall I would most definitely recommend this as both a hotel and a wedding venue. There's a certain air of tranquility that's priceless as you drive through the beautiful gardens and I will certainly return more frequently. Lisa Paterson.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day carvery with the family. Food was fresh and there was plenty of choice, very reasonably priced in our opinion. The staff were warm and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble, It was very busy but that didn't impact on service or quality. Glad we chose the Cartland, We will be back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
New Lanark Mill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Larkhall
Cornhill Castle Hotel
Cornhill Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coulter

Been to Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!