“First class stay”

Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lanark
“First class stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am a very hard to please person and had my wedding reception at the Cartland bridge hotel in august 2014. I must say though that the venue and staff were first class and could do no more for us especially manager Alan Todd and staff member Kim. Food was excellent and stay over in room 109 very comfortable indeed. The friendliness and helpfulness of all staff members has also been commented on by numerous members varying in age from 18-90 of both my own and my wives families. Will definitely be returning in the future and will recommend hotel to all friends and family. Thanks again guys. Gary and Lisa Thomson

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had difficulty finding somewhere to stay overnight as we travelled south, but another hotel passed on the number for us to try. Arriving with no prior information we were pleasantly surprised by the grandeur of the building when we eventually found it. They had a function that evening but the bar meal was adequate and enjoyable. In spite of the merry-making going on our room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good and all the staff helpful. We did have a couple of small issues that we raised with the staff on check-out and our comments were received in a very positive manner. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Went for a late lunch with my wife. We took the set menu £12.95 for a 2 course,took the todays special Roast beef, meat was poor and bland no taste of meat or gravy needs seasoning. Service was good and quick, staff very friendly nice relaxing restaurant. Pity the main meal was poor its been a few years since ive been, disappointed with it i wont be back in a hurry meat poor no taste.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sam M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

An excellent hotel, very friendly and welcoming staff. Very good value for money, informal atmosphere, everyone is made to feel welcome.
The rooms are clean and tidy well decorated.
I will certainly return possibly for the Christmas festivities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here as a base to attend the Commonwealth Games. It was very good value for money and was a lovely quiet place to stay. My hotel room was on the small side, but very comfortable with a lovely view. Bathroom was of a decent standard. Bed was very comfortable. Could do with updating the TV's though. I only had breakfast there one morning - it was passable, though as it was a buffet did feel as though it had been sitting there a while. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall experience was very positive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I were really looking forward to dining here, as 30 years ago we were married here. However the meal was not hotel standard. My husband had prawn cocktail for a starter. It was served on a side plate and the sauce was obviously from a squeezy bottle. There was no bread and butter For the main I had haddock which was obviously a frozen piece of fish, which was plonked on top of the frozen chips.

We told the staff it was our 30th wedding anniversary, but they were totally uninterested. The girl took our order and went to the bar to tell her colleague what "He was having and what she was having". Made us feel quite uncomfortable.

The hotel does look lovely and the gardens beautiful. However we were sitting at a table next to the window. The window was totally filthy.

It was a terrible experience and we were pleased to leave. Will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret O
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Writing this review many weeks after eating here but the experience was the same never the less!
Decided to try this place again after eating here a few years ago and enjoying it.
The dining room had become smaller and moved into where the bar is now situated which was ok. Ordered our food, both having the Sunday roast - husband choosing roast beef , I choose gammon. Husbands beef 'looked' ok but my gammon had gravy on it- something I found quite disgusting! After speaking to the waitress she told me all Sunday roasts come with gravy. I sent mine back requesting no gravy- parsley sauce maybe but definitely NO gravy. I tried husbands roast beef which had the defrosted reheated taste and said that was disgusting too - he continued to eat it he says he was hungry. I waited and waited, eventually the waitress came back and said it would be a further 20 mins for my gammon!
When I asked why so long she said it needs to be prepared. Given it was a Sunday I had assumed these roasts available were all cooked that day and just needed to be carved and served ......NO they are cooked in advance, frozen and defrosted as each customer orders I was told. This was what was contributing to the delay. The gravy is to mask the seriously bad after taste!!
I was also told that the hotel didn't serve enough customers to make a fresh is best policy .....
We paid grudgingly for what hubby ate- personally I would gave left it and left. Would never go back again.
I wonder at times why people feel it's alright to serve customers food such as this. Meat that is cooked and then frozen and then reheated particularly if it's sliced as in beef and gammon or lamb has a distinct frozen reheated taste I can certainly taste this., hubby less so.
Seriously bad....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Finkelhorn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanark
New Lanark Mill Hotel
#3 of 4 in Biggar
Station House B&B
Station House B&B
#1 of 8 in Lanark

Been to Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!