“Good value for a one night stay”

Ramada London North M1
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Borehamwood
dorset
“Good value for a one night stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Booked last minute and got a good deal at £50 for the room for two of us. Wanted a hotel near the royal orthopaedic hospital at Stanmore which is about 20 minutes away (early in the morning, might take longer at peak times) room was fine, quite basic but clean with comfy bed. We were very near the motorway but the noise was counteracted by the noisy heating. It didn't bother us,it was "white noise"!!ate in the restaurant and had a reasonable meal, not cheap but tasty and good service. There were quite a few families eating as I think kids eat free.probably won't stay there when I next go to RNOH, purely because it was further away than we thought but would recommend the hotel as a good value place to stay

• Stayed February 2014
Angela_Tonchev, Front Office Manager at Ramada London North M1, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.
We apologise for the problems that you had with the air conditioning and suggest that if you have any problems in the future please inform a member of staff as we will always be willing to try our best to solve them for you.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Slovak first
Warwickshire
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have stayed here before and would stay here again - I wanted to get that out of the way before I have a moan. The first room I was given (on the ground floor) has a connecting door to the room next door. This door might as well not be there as the noise insulation is non-existent. Whoever was in the next room (a disabled room) was watching TV at high volume. I didn't complain to that person as I figured they may be hard of hearing and it was only 7pm but what forced me to ask for a move was that TV noise level accompanied by the couple in the room on the other side of my room 'doing the business' and tons of kids running up & down the corridor screaming and shouting - and I really do mean tons of kids...TONS! It was non-stop ear-drum-shattering high pitched SCREAMING. Totally unacceptable in my view. I couldn't hear myself think and got a move to another room - unfortunately also on the ground floor. This also had a connecting door but there was no noise as it was towards the back of the hotel so I was happy - until 9pm when the Swiss Family Robinson arrived back from a trip to 'whatever land' nearby and proceeded to squeal and squawk till 00.15 (with the aid of the hair dryer being turned on to accompany their irritating and inconsiderate noise level). At this stage I was seriously thinking about a move to Vulgaria and marriage to Baroness Bomburst. So I got my third room on the second night (on the 2nd floor) which was great - nice & quiet because there were NO HORRIBLE NOISY CHILDREN around. When I got this 2nd room, the woman on the reception did say the ground floor is a family floor so hence the noise but what I don't get is why I was there in the first place? So, my advice is that unless you are prepared to wear industrial strength ear defenders don't stay on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground floor if you are a grown-up.
1 Thank Paul C
Uk
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I booked an executive room as I was there on business and for location was perfect.

I also did not get much sleep as there were trains running outside my window during the night.

However, I was put in a room with literally no mobile signal and literally missed several important calls.

When I explained my concern they said next time mention that and they will , but put me in a room where I can get a signal?!!! ...I believe the room was OK excerpt for that and would expect a partial refund for the trouble they caused me.

Best regards

G Roberts

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest,

I apologize for any problems that you had regarding the noise levels in your room, we can suggest requesting a car park sided room in the future as some guests find this to be more satisfactory.
Regarding the signal in the rooms, we would not be able to provide a partial refund as the signal is dependant on the service provider. In terms of providing you with a room where you can get service, we simply try our hardest to provide you with a room where the service may be more suitable.

Sheffield
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked this for 2 nights whilst visiting our son at Cricklewood. We were going to stay at the Holiday Inn (where we have stayed before) but got an offer of £20 per night some time ago. Breakfast cost us an extra £7-95 each so for 2 nights the total was £56. The hotel itself is easily accessible through the services at J3 on the M1, and parking is free.
The room itself was roomy and clean but there is a definite lack of hanging space (no wardrobes). The bed was large and reasonably comfortable. The room does lack plug sockets but thats not a major issue.
Breakfast was OK both mornings and staff were friendly and attentive. At the price we paid it cannot be faulted at all.
I also contacted the hotel prior to travelling to ask for a room overlooking the car park and had a response within 20 minutes to confirm - brilliant.
Access to central London is pretty good via tube or train. Brent Cross Shopping centre offers free parking and there is a tube station nearby so no major reason to use taxis from the hotel.
I must add that if I had to pay full price I would probably choose to stay at The Holiday Inn or even Premier Inn or Travel Lodge but would have no hesitation in going back to the Ramada at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car park so as not to be disturbed by trains.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thimmaiah G, General Manager at Ramada London North M1, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review
Our aim is to ensure you have a comfortable stay and I am extremely pleased to hear that we achieved our goal.

Finally I would like to thank you once again for choosing us for your accommodation needs.

Kind regards

Thimmaiah Gummatira
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here several times over the past few months, and can honestly say that I haven't had a bad experience. Nice touch over the xmas break was the limited menu meals available at night, which made a change from sandwiches over the xmas day/boxing day period if you were working.

Looking forward to my next stay there

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback and say that we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having stayed at Ramada's before I knew the hotel itself was going to be fine. Usual professional outlook on everything. My concern was it being located at what could be described as a motorway service station.

However it was sufficiently quiet from outside noise, the only noise came from the guests which didn't stop until around midnight, but that's not really the hotel's fault.

Only gripe as mentioned before was that it was booked from a pre-payment offer rate, which my work assumed included breakfast and prepayment. The rate was as quoted but I had to book breakfast again and pay upon arrival. Not always an issue but I prefer to know what will happen before I get there instead of making sure we had not paid twice.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back on your stay.

Kind regards

Thimmaiah Gummatira
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borehamwood
Premier Inn London Edgware Hotel
Ramada London Finchley
Ramada London Finchley
#646 of 1,063 in London
Village Hotel London Watford

Been to Ramada London North M1? Share your experiences!